Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Hawaii Trip being planned....

I'm currently planning a trip to Hawaii for this summer. I have never been there, and I don't have any friends or family who have ever been there to offer any help either.

I'm looking for a good beach and hotel to stay out. Also, I'm confused as to how you would get from island to island and the cost. I have picked out three activities I would like to do, however I don't know how possible they all are as they are on different islands.

1. Would like to visit Pearl Harbor on Oahu.

2. Would like to visit Kalaupapa National Historical Park on Molokai.

3. Would like to visit Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island.

The rest of the time would be spent on the beach. Also I would love a hotel with a kitchen that is located on a beach, ocean front view would be a huge plus. Anyone have an suggestions and the feasibility on visiting sites on three different islands and the possible costs involved in getting to them all once we are already in Hawaii? Any help before I start the booking process would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also if it comes down between a great beach and easily visiting the sites I'd take the beech over the sites.

dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
heybrad
Norm!!!

I took my family last October for 2 weeks (one on the Big Island, one on Oahu).

We had a great condo in Kona on the Big Island (2 bedroom and a kitchen) and it was right on the beach. Most of the beaches on the Big Island (at least the ones we went to) are much more suited for snorkeling so you should consider what you want to do when at the beach. We snorkeled at the black sand beach and right next to Pu'uhonua o Honanua Historic Park which was really fun. There is a really popular bakery on the way to the black sand beach which is nice to stop at if you like malasadas (I think I spelled that right). Another cool place on the big island was the Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo.

Volcano National Park was pretty cool although a large chunk was inaccessible due to high sulfur levels. We still saw the lava tube, the crater and spots were steam was coming out everwhere.

Oahu was nice although way more crowded and more city like. The beaches were better if you're into surfing. I highly recommend snorkeling at the Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve. We also hiked Diamond Head which wasn't too bad. We took one day to hit the North Shore but didn't have the guts to hit the waves. The waves weren't huge but it was pretty crowded at Pipeline.

Last edited by heybrad : 05-01-2009 at 05:16 PM.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

Kauai
Kauai
Kauai
Kauai

if you don't go, you're missing a big chuck of the awesome Hawaii experience. We stayed in a place that was a stones throw from the beach that had a full kitchen/living room/bedroom. It was a hotel that was basically a set of condos that are rented out when the owners aren't staying there. It was like $135 a night 2 years ago, making it one of the best deals on that island. Go. Kauai is a great place to see water falls, hike, lay on the beach, snorkel, and just plain have a great time.