Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2003, 08:28 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Shaolin Soccer

I was watching some movie the other day.. Whatever it was, thats unimportant (I think Spy Kids 3)... but anyhows, there was a preview on it for a movie coming out called Shaolin Soccer. The trailer instantly made both my wife and I think we would love to go see that movie whenever it came out.

Since I had heard nothing about it, I tried doing some research and found a 2001 movie called Siu lam juk kau that virtually looks to be the same movie, just as a foreign film. I still can not find a release date for Shaolin soccer, so figured someone here probably would know..

Is Shaolin Soccer an american remake of this other movie, if so when is it coming out? Or is it actually just the same movie, or what?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 08:44 AM   #2
sony
High School JV

Re: Shaolin Soccer

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan T
I was watching some movie the other day.. Whatever it was, thats unimportant (I think Spy Kids 3)... but anyhows, there was a preview on it for a movie coming out called Shaolin Soccer. The trailer instantly made both my wife and I think we would love to go see that movie whenever it came out.

Since I had heard nothing about it, I tried doing some research and found a 2001 movie called Siu lam juk kau that virtually looks to be the same movie, just as a foreign film. I still can not find a release date for Shaolin soccer, so figured someone here probably would know..

Is Shaolin Soccer an american remake of this other movie, if so when is it coming out? Or is it actually just the same movie, or what?
Shaolin Soccer has been out since as long as I can remember. I've seen it 4 years ago. And I just watched it a month ago with my cousin. The American release will be the same exact movie out right now, dubbed in English more than likely.

The movie is freaking hilarious!!

The movie Shaolin Soccer is where I got my name for my Hattrick team, "Shaolin Evil Team!"

They are the bad team that wears black and white in the movie.

Last edited by sony : 08-06-2003 at 08:45 AM.
sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 08:44 AM   #3
sony
High School JV

By the way, if you want to watch the movie, you can download it on Kazaa. Or mIRC.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:46 AM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by sony
By the way, if you want to watch the movie, you can download it on Kazaa. Or mIRC.

Don't you watch those commercials with Ben Affleck, Steven Spielberg, and others saying don't download movies?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:33 AM   #5
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Shaolin Kung Fu is great, really great!
I am Iron Head, Iron Head
You're mighty Steel Leg, I'm mighty Steel Leg.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:43 AM   #6
Easy Mac

Its called Kung Fu Soccer here in the states. I think it comes out in most major cities in the next couple of weeks.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:55 AM   #7
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by sony

Is this movie in public domain already??? Why would a copyrighted consumer product be in public domain?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:18 AM   #8
sony
High School JV

Quote:
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Is this movie in public domain already??? Why would a copyrighted consumer product be in public domain?
IDK? It's been on the internet for years now.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:25 AM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

I saw the preview for it several months ago. Looks extremely dumb to me, but that's just my opinion. Hell, any movie involving soccer looks extremely dumb to me...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:39 AM   #10
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
I saw the preview for it several months ago. Looks extremely dumb to me, but that's just my opinion. Hell, any movie involving soccer looks extremely dumb to me...

How can you possibly bash Ladybugs???
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 01:03 PM   #11
MikeVic
Head Coach

Ladybugs! What a movie! But, yeah, this movie has been out for quite a while. Be warned, however, that there isn't that much soccer in it. My sister and mom didn't like it because they thought it would be more soccer.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:48 PM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thats one of the reasons why I thought I would like to see it. I am not that big of a soccer fan

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote