Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Another reason not to drink and drive...

Yay drunks!

Intoxicated driver’s stranded Ferrari plowed by train in Sherman / Local News, Weather, Sports, Severe Weather, and Breaking News Coverage for Sherman TX, Denison TX, Ardmore OK, Durant OK, Ada OK

Quote:
SHERMAN, TX ― Police responded to a bizarre accident early Wednesday morning in Sherman involving a train and a Ferrari, and a very lost and intoxicated driver. First News obtained the 911 call made from the scene early Wednesday morning.

Police say around 3:30 a.m. an intoxicated driver managed to get his 2000 Ferrari stuck on a set of railroad tracks on Howe Drive in south Sherman.

The driver, Jeff Sabold, 48, called authorities for help. They told him to get out of the car shortly before the train he told them he saw approaching slammed into his vehicle.

The car was a total loss. Police say low ground clearance may have been what caused the car to get stuck.

"This is a good example of why people should not operate a vehicle while driving intoxicated. Your judgment is impaired, you not only put yourself in danger, but you put everyone who is in reach of your vehicle in danger to include trains," Sgt. Bruce Dawsey of the Sherman Police Department said.

No one was injured. Sabold was arrested for driving while intoxicated. Additional charges are pending.

To hear the entire unedited 911 call, click the video link.

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
JediKooter
Coordinator

Thankfully it was not Magnum PI or Higgins would have killed him.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
Travis
Pro Rookie

You know, it's a horrible situation, but I can't help but crack up listening to the call. He's just so damn calm while his car is getting demolished in the background.

Yup... yup, just hit my car.