Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #351
MikeVic
Head Coach

I had Maggette on my fantasy team, and now only have Jackson from GS. But I still look at the box scores, and noticed that Maggette seems to get a nice amount of points, but his FG numbers are never high.

I looked at his career stats, and it seems like his FTM and FTA are actually higher than his FGA and FGM. Is this common, or is Maggette just good at getting to the line? He shoots something like 80% from the line, so this seems to be an effective scorer I think?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #352
Groundhog
Coordinator

Maggette's best attribute is that he gets to the line a hell of a lot, and knocks them down. That's his game. Well, that, and attempting bad jump shots.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #353
MikeVic
Head Coach

lol, if you look at the game right now vs the Nets... Maggette has 12 points on 0-for-1 shooting and 12-of-14 in free throws.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #354
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Seriously, how does Houston go into New Orleans without Yao and win (I hate to say it, but I picked against Houston in Streak for the Cash after I saw Yao was out)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-16-2009 at 09:22 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #355
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Seriously, how does Houston go into New Orleans without Yao and win (I hate to say it, but I picked against Houston in Streak for the Cash after I saw Yao was out)

I just got back home from watching this abortion. I wish I had a good answer. The Hornets have been quietly dysfunctional all season. They've had a TON of bad losses at home.

I even said before the game, Chandler's probably going to take the night off now that Yao's out. Then Chandler, with Yao out and a 248-year-old Mutombo starting the damn game, drops a 4 and 7 and fouls out. THREE games like this from him in the last week alone. THIS is why we traded his dumb butt, not because the franchise is in financial peril in New Orleans, *you two dumbfucks on PTI*...

Okay, maybe I'm feeling a bit high strung right now...

Last edited by LloydLungs : 03-16-2009 at 10:32 PM.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #356
MikeVic
Head Coach

Just thought I'd post this to stir some NBA excitement.

Scoop Jackson: 12 things to watch in the NBA - ESPN Page 2

NCAA. NIT. WBC. NFL. Owner meetings. Fantasy baseball. Lance's broken collarbone. Schilling's retirement. "Twilight" DVD release. Prince 3-CD release. David Letterman, Harrison Ford and Bruce Willis all getting married. The Dow and S&P recoveries. Anything T.O.

It's easy to get caught up in everything going on, but while no one seems to be paying attention, there are plots, subplots, intrigue, suspense and pseudo-conspiracies boiling in the NBA. And with less than a month left before the playoff jump-off, here are 12 things that need your full attention. Like, immediately.

Dwyane Wade
Wade is doing it on offense and defense, where he's about to become the first player 6-4 or shorter to block 100 shots.

1. The three-way race for MVP: Can it be split three ways? Is there such a thing as tri-MVP? If people tell you that either LeBron James, Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade deserves the MVP and the other two don't ... they are lying. To you and to themselves. It's like choosing which M&M color tastes best.

There've been tight races before in MVP voting, but nothing like this in recent memory. Because not only is the MVP on the line, so is the undisputed mythic "best player alive" title. It's going to be mesmerizing to see who makes the strongest case as the season comes to a close. Someone is going to get robbed.

2. Will the Lakers make us believe that anything will be different in this year's playoffs? Last year Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol balled out during the Western Conference playoffs. Then the Finals came. With Andrew Bynum's injury making this season feel like déjà vu all over again, what are the Lakers going to do to make those in Laker Nation believe that Yogi Berra isn't watching over them?

3. The A.I. Experiment: The only thing in the NBA that has more critics than the stimulus plan. Joe Dumars' season-opening trade has not provided the payoff many expected, but let's wait and see. If somehow Michael Curry can find a way to secure everyone's roles and rotations, and the Pistons no longer have those quarter-long scoring droughts that were their downfall in playoffs past, and somehow Sheed can step it up ...

4. The non-trade/trade of Tyson Chandler: Either Jeff Bower is going to come off as the luckiest GM in the game or a licensed idiot. If the Hornets play themselves into "elite" conversation in the West by season's end (and they've won 12 of their past 15 games) and upset either the Lakers or the Spurs in the playoffs, then Chandler's failing his physical with Oklahoma City may be the biggest blessing-in-disguise in the NBA this season.

Mo Williams
Mo Williams is averaging 18.0 points per game and shooting 43.6 percent from 3-point range.

5. Is Cleveland unbeatable? Is Mo Williams all it took? The fact that the Cavs are distancing themselves from Boston and Orlando is making many believe Cleveland -- and not the Lakers -- is now the odds-on favorites to win it all. The Cavs have a four-game lead over Boston and one-game lead over the Lakers (for best overall record); if that lead increases before April 19, all other teams become underdogs.

6. The Bulls, Bucks and Bobcats fighting to get whopped in the first round: I know, they say once the playoffs start everyone's record is 0-0. But let's be real. What's the point in these three teams fighting to play either Cleveland or Boston in the first round? Why will they battle? One: Experience. Two: Outside of perhaps Blake Griffin, there is no Kevin Durant or Michael Beasley coming out this year to make teams want to be in the lottery.

7. Rafer Alston: No disrespect to Dwight Howard but the rest of the season in Orlando isn't about him. If the Magic are going to win it's not dependant upon Howard's ability to dominate. The key to whatever happens to the Magic is in the hands and handles of That Guy Called Skip. And if Alston's veteran leadership, poise, knowledge and understanding of the game gets them to the Eastern Conference finals or beyond, then Magic GM Otis Smith is going to have to make a decision about what to do with Jameer Nelson, the original team leader, when Nelson returns from his shoulder injury next season.

8. What's going to happen in Phoenix if the Suns do not make the playoffs? You know the old saying of "blowing up a team" when it's time to overhaul the roster? Well, this time we might have to take that saying literally. Figuratively speaking.

9. Is Roger Mason Jr. really the next Robert Horry? All season long he has shown flashes of imitation. Now let's see how real he really is. If Mason Jr. wins one playoff series with an Horryesque shot at 0:01, then all teams in San Antonio's path to the Finals better beware. The second coming may be here. Because while everyone has been looking for the next Jordan or Magic or Dream, guess who they all wish they had as many rings as?

10. Utah? San Antonio? Orlando? Atlanta? One of these teams is going to shock someone. One of these teams is going disappoint. One of these teams is going to overachieve. One of these teams is never going to be the same. Which one will be which, no one knows. But the beauty will be in finding out.

11. Do the Houston Rockets still have a shot at the title? The Rockets are just a half-game behind the Spurs for the second-best record in the West and are 16-5 without McGrady, leading even the most die-hard Rockets fans into believing they have a legit shot at reaching the Western Conference finals. Or at least finally getting out of the first round. The intrigue will be if either of these two happens, what will the organization do when McGrady comes back next year? The more the Rockets win, the bigger the problem they are creating becomes.

12. How hungry will Boston be? KG's finally back. The roster is back to full strength. Marbury and Moore are getting situated. Ray's shot has been falling. Rondo is a year better. Eddie House is a year more valuable. P2 is back to feeling disrespected. Everything is in alignment for the Celts. Divine order. But will their desire to defend what they have be more powerful than the desire the other teams have for taking the title from them? Especially since Boston has shown a vulnerability it didn't last season.

Yeah, there are so many other things going on right now to distract us from life inside the NBA. But for those of you who can find that 25th hour in the eighth day of the week, make sure you don't sleep on the League over the next few weeks. Amazing happens there for a reason.

Last edited by MikeVic : 03-27-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #357
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If the Cavs end the season with the best record in the league, anything other than a LeBron MVP would be highway robbery. Not that LeBron hasn't already lost twice when he should have won, though.

The Cavs are now 33-1 at home, 23-4 vs the Western Conference, and have the highest point differential in the league. If they don't win it all, I'm going to be significantly pissed.

Last edited by stevew : 03-27-2009 at 04:34 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #358
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
4. The non-trade/trade of Tyson Chandler: Either Jeff Bower is going to come off as the luckiest GM in the game or a licensed idiot. If the Hornets play themselves into "elite" conversation in the West by season's end (and they've won 12 of their past 15 games) and upset either the Lakers or the Spurs in the playoffs, then Chandler's failing his physical with Oklahoma City may be the biggest blessing-in-disguise in the NBA this season.

Still wondering whether ANYONE in the national media is going to pick up on the fact that Chandler has been a chronically injured piece of crap for the vast majority of this season.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote