Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
mrsimperless
College Prospect

One of those rare times I envy eunuchs

So....

I know this dude, not a friend but not not a friend. And he's been dating this girl for like a month... And I think I'm in love with her. And I know she likes me. So we hang out in our group of friends and I talk to her and when I talk to her we have this connection.... and I try my best to make as much eye contact with him as I do her, but its hard and I have this feeling that he knows my feelings and..

FUCK!

Why does life do this to me? He is a good guy and i like him, but every time they go home together and she looks back at me while holding his hand I feel like my heart is being ground up in a heart grinder. I want him to be happy, her to be happy. This is one of those rare times that I envy eunuchs.

mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

Not a friend but not not a friend = Acquaintance.

i.e. she's fair game.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If she decides to leave him for you I don't see how you are to blame. Yeah, it will suck and effect your friendship but if she isn't in to him she isn't into him and it wouldnt have worked out anyway
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
SFL Cat
College Starter

If he knows martial arts or knows how to fight with knives, stop NOW!
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #5
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Don't do it if she has that wondering eye with him what will happen when she wants to leave you?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
Drake
assmaster

You know what you get when you date a girl who won't break it off with one guy before starting up with another?

A girl who will do the exact same thing to you.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Don't do it if she has that wondering eye with him what will happen when she wants to leave you?

+1
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
mrsimperless
College Prospect

The only thing that I'm positive this guy knows for sure is douchebaggery. But he is a nice guy.

I don't know... its one of those situations where I wish I didn't have to make a decision. Yes, she is an absolutely outstanding girl, but all of my relationships end up in flaming piles of poo anyway. I think the best thing to do in this situation is to just let it go...

And maybe get some smooches when he's not looking ? =) Oh wait, that is a perfect example of why I suck as a human.

Plan B: I shall drink myself retarded
Old 03-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #9
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

If you looking for a quick bang session and nothing serious be prepared to deal with him. Guys tend to get alittle crazy when it comes to women and although you might not see him as a friend, he might not think the same about you. If you really want her why not be honest with him after they breakup?

However the best thing to do is for her to breakup with him and you tell him you're interested in her. Anything else will likely lead to alot of stupidity. (And I know a think or two about stupidity)
Old 03-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
However the best thing to do is for her to breakup with him and you tell him you're interested in her. Anything else will likely lead to alot of stupidity. (And I know a think or two about stupidity)

If they break up, why would I need to tell him I'm interested?

One openly honest talk with the girl should get any of the required answers you need really.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #11
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Because some dudes are territorial like that...
Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #12
Drake
assmaster

Plus, if he's someone you see on a regular basis, it's just a show of respect that short-circuits the territorial impulse.

Most people get much less upset about what you actually do than about feeling deceived by what you've done.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #13
PilotMan
Head Coach

I have stolen and gone after other guys girls. All's fair in love and war, as long as nobody is married. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. If you win though, be prepared to lose at a later date.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I sense great things coming from this thread. Great things indeed.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:00 AM   #15
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I have stolen and gone after other guys girls. All's fair in love and war, as long as nobody is married. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. If you win though, be prepared to lose at a later date.

I'm pretty much in the same boat here. I think I may have that weakness in me where I want what's forbidden. I mean, I actually have to see something desirable, but the idea that I shouldn't, or can't, puts something else into the recipe that makes me insatiable.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #16
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

a joke from Larry the cable guy... "Guns dont kill people, husbands who come home early do"

just a warning
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #17
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
You know what you get when you date a girl who won't break it off with one guy before starting up with another?

A girl who will do the exact same thing to you.

There is no getting around this. Of course there could be an exception to this rule but I have yet to see one in my life or with any of my friends. (And I have been on the stealing end twice and both gals ended up cheating on me in the same way they cheated on the previous guy with me)
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #18
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

"You will lose them like you get them" is the only girl advice my 88 year old grandad said to me before he passed.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
SportsDino
College Prospect

Agree with the lose them like you get them quote.

First girl randomly goes with me without much reason, leaves pretty much randomly for who knows what reason.

Second girl was nervous to date at all, left because she was nervous about dating at all.

Third girl wanted to leave another guy (who was my friend at the time though a jerk) who was making her miserable, made me miserable to try to get me to leave once she found someone she liked better (who is somewhat of a friend, though he denied her attempts).

Whatever mental issues they have when you first start dating will still be there. If she loves to play games, I can guarantee you will be on the suffering end of one of them (or multiple) before it is all over with.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #20
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I sense great things coming from this thread. Great things indeed.

This absolutely needs to be a dynasty thread.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #21
Telle
College Starter

He's been with her a whopping month. That's not a very long time, and her eye is already wandering.. so I wouldn't exactly expect that relationship to last whether you impede on it or not.

However, believing you're in love with her is a little over the top. I'm sure you've fallen for her.. but really, you barely even know her. Your life will not be over if you somehow do not end up with this girl, no matter how smitten you are with her right now.

You basically have three options:
1. Make a move and break them up.
2. Wait for them to break up on their own and then make your move.
3. Give up, move on, and quit making googly eyes with her and fantasizing about stolen kisses.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #22
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Wow, I didn't know Mrs. Imperless played for the other team.

Seriously though, go for her. Life's too short to be worrying about every nice but d-bag-like guy out there.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #23
Rizon
Pro Starter

This is just a game girls play. One that guys ALWAYS lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #24
RendeR
Coordinator

True but damn it can be fun before the buzzer sounds.....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #25
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
"You will lose them like you get them" is the only girl advice my 88 year old grandad said to me before he passed.

In a situation like this, you have to be a little careful with that quote. Is she into her current guy and willing to cheat on him? Bad news. Is she not into the current guy and looking for someone she is into? Not so bad.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #26
Sgran
High School Varsity

One month is nothing. If you like this girl then get in touch with her and see if she responds. If she is giving you good vibes then pursue it.

The older I get, the more I'm like Alan Arkin's character in Little Miss Sunshine. Mrsimperless, you should be getting that young stuff.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #27
lurker
High School JV

You should contact Rick Springfield and see if Jesse forgave him when he went after his girl.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #28
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
In a situation like this, you have to be a little careful with that quote. Is she into her current guy and willing to cheat on him? Bad news. Is she not into the current guy and looking for someone she is into? Not so bad.

until he becomes the guy that she's not into but doesn't have the courtesy to tell him
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #29
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Seriously. If she's "not into" this current guy, the fact that she's still with him would be a giant warning flag to me. Being with someone you're not into for the sake of being with someone doesn't speak well to her ability to forge healthy relationships.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #30
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Ended up marrying a girl who I met while she was dating a good (although relatively new) friend. He dumped her, I was there to give her a soft landing. She's still here 14 years (and 2 kids) later.

All is indeed fair in love and war.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #31
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Ended up marrying a girl who I met while she was dating a good (although relatively new) friend. He dumped her, I was there to give her a soft landing. She's still here 14 years (and 2 kids) later.

All is indeed fair in love and war.

but i think your story is different because you didn't break the two of them up, right?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #32
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Seriously. If she's "not into" this current guy, the fact that she's still with him would be a giant warning flag to me. Being with someone you're not into for the sake of being with someone doesn't speak well to her ability to forge healthy relationships.

Dude, she's "still with him" for a total of one month. You know how relationship cycles go so she can't have gotten into the "not into him" part all that long ago.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #33
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Fair point - I overlooked the timing involved.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #34
DanGarion
Coordinator

One man's sloppy seconds is another mans firsts...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #35
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

WWOJD?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #36
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
WWOJD?

he'd prolly cut a bitch...

just sayin
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #37
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
but i think your story is different because you didn't break the two of them up, right?

Nope.

The fact that he had technically dumped her seemed to make little difference to him. As soon as I swooped her up he wanted her back, however.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #38
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Nope.

The fact that he had technically dumped her seemed to make little difference to him. As soon as I swooped her up he wanted her back, however.

but it indicates a difference in her personality
Old 03-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #39
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
but it indicates a difference in her personality

Oh, no, I assure you, she's quite insane.

Or, is that not what you meant?

I see your point.

Last edited by Samdari : 03-17-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #40
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I think this situation is much better then having your genitals chopped off. Just read the description of the book about the last eunuch in China and you will agree.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #41
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Wow, I didn't know Mrs. Imperless played for the other team.

Maybe because it's Mr. Simperless?
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #42
gkb
High School Varsity

I think these things rarely turn out well. There are way too many women in the world to get involved with a friend's current or ex-girlfriend. Don't be that guy.

I also realize that there are exceptions to the rule, but if you're going to do it at least be open and honest about it.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #43
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I sense a diagram in the near future, involving current BF ,ex BF before current BF, Mr. Simperless, a Eunuch, a toothbrush, a corndog and pumpy
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #44
heybrad
Norm!!!

Whatever you're going to do, you need to do it now or you could end up like some Friends I know.

See... there was this guy Ross who really like Rachel. He waited years to tell her (even getting married to a lesbo first). Then when he finally tried to tell her, she lays down for this Italian dude named Paolo. By the time she was done banging that dude, Ross had moved on to laying pipe with some Asian chick. Next thing you know Ross finds out the Rachel wants some, so he finally gets some Rachel stank on his hang low, only to have her start flirting around with some dude at her job. They end up on a break and Ross bangs a bar fly and next thing you know they are practically starting the whole cycle again.

That's why I say act now. Do you really want to go through that?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #45
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Whatever you're going to do, you need to do it now or you could end up like some Friends I know.

See... there was this guy Ross who really like Rachel. He waited years to tell her (even getting married to a lesbo first). Then when he finally tried to tell her, she lays down for this Italian dude named Paolo. By the time she was done banging that dude, Ross had moved on to laying pipe with some Asian chick. Next thing you know Ross finds out the Rachel wants some, so he finally gets some Rachel stank on his hang low, only to have her start flirting around with some dude at her job. They end up on a break and Ross bangs a bar fly and next thing you know they are practically starting the whole cycle again.

Dude I could totally see that as a TV show.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #46
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Surprised that nobody else has said it, so... "Bro's before Ho's!!!"

There are plenty of other women out there man. Let this one go...
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote