Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Be careful if you are a third party supporter who lives in Missouri...

I read about this about a week ago and decided I would wait for somebody more mainstream to pick it up before posting it on here. Obviously having Alex Jones' name associated with it does take away some of it's power but still doesn't make the document any less real.

Missouri report on militias, terrorists draws criticism

A link I found with the actual document (Alex Jones site)

My friends have countered that the government has been doing this for years and it isn't specifically calling out Ron Paul or Bob Barr supporters but I still feel like my state police shouldn't be given memo's by "think tanks" that say a 3rd party bumper sticker is a sign that could signal more problems. (i.e. The trooper that does everything by the book is much more apt to pull me over) This report is especially troubling to me when Ron Paul seems to be one of the few members of Congress who actually understands the economic crisis this country is facing and has solutions that would actually fix the problem instead of just putting a band-aid on it for our children and grandchildren.

Another friend of mine make a great point of "Now you know what it feels like to be a minority". While I couldn't agree more it still doesn't mean that we shouldn't get outraged that things like this are going on and call out the people who come up with this crap.

So am I getting too into the black helicopters or is this outrageous?

panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I still feel like my state police shouldn't be given memo's by "think tanks" that say a 3rd party bumper sticker is a sign that could signal more problems.

Why not? It seems like a pretty reasonable statement since it doesn't say does signal more problems, it just says could.

Quote:
So am I getting too into the black helicopters or is this outrageous?

There's probably a tin foil hat in your size lying around FOFC somewhere. Some of them are a little worn at this point but you could probably get some use out of it until you decide whether you want to invest in your own.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-17-2009 at 02:42 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Why not? It seems like a pretty reasonable statement since it doesn't say does signal more problems, it just says could.

There's probably a tin foil hat in your size lying around FOFC somewhere. Some of them are a little worn at this point but you could probably get some use out of it until you decide whether you want to invest in your own.

What if a government published report said Obama supporters or blacks were more prone to violence or McCain supporters and NRA members were? I can't imagine it would be comepletely ignored like this has been by local papers. The St. Louis paper hasn't even touched it and it took Columbia's paper (where this crap is happening) weeks to act on this story.

Last edited by panerd : 03-17-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The issue here is that these days I'd argue that someone with ANY kind of political bumper sticker is probably a highly polarized political fanatic. Well, anyone who votes is probably a highly polarized political fanatic. I mean, is there anyone in this country anymore who is not a highly polarized political fanatic?
Old 03-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

My first thought was that this was directed at MBBF, but then I remembered he's all about the Sony titles.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What if a government published report said Obama supporters or blacks were more prone to violence or McCain supporters and NRA members were?

If there's documentation for such a statement then I have no problem with it at all.

Quote:
I can't imagine it would be comepletely ignored like this has been by local papers.

Most likely largely ignored because it doesn't seem like groundbreaking news. Let's face it, have you ever met a Ron Paul supporter that you thought was completely stable and/or sane?
Old 03-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

As far as the tin foil hat goes I admit that I like to read alternative media if for nothing more than entertainment. I know the governemnt didn't crash the planes with remote controls into the trade towers but that is still a million times more interesting than the octo-mom as long as I keep my wits about me. I will say that things like this profiling issue though and the FEMA "gulag" style dentention centers could be easily explained by the government but they choose to sweep them under the rug and then make them way more important than they would be with just a simple explanation. They create their own problems a lot of the time.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:

...says the guy whose sig reads "behind enemy lines"
Old 03-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Most likely largely ignored because it doesn't seem like groundbreaking news. Let's face it, have you ever met a Ron Paul supporter that you thought was completely stable and/or sane?

But he ran for president in 1988 and is actually in Congress. Its not like we talking about a David Koresh guy that has like 100 followers. He is an actual Congressman who is being smeared by the government he serves.

Last edited by panerd : 03-17-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: 1988 not 1998
Old 03-17-2009, 03:06 PM   #10
RainMaker
General Manager

I admit that the Paultards are a little odd and the Alex Jones crowd is a bit delusional. But I've never read anything about them being involved in militias or carrying out violent acts. Just seems like something we'd see in Russia.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
...says the guy whose sig reads "behind enemy lines"

You do know that's a reference to me living in Athens, GA and hating anything to do with the Georgia Bulldogs, right?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #12
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But he ran for president in 1988 and is actually in Congress. Its not like we talking about a David Koresh guy that has like 100 followers. He is an actual Congressman who is being smeared by the government he serves.

And Cynthia McKinney was a member of Congress too, want to argue that her followers are completely rational folks? The truth makes for a wonderful defense against libel.

Look, if they pulled the bumper sticker thing out of their asses with no data to back it up then it probably shouldn't be part of an official document/finding/report/recommendation/whatever. There's enough wild ass guessing going on with the economy already, no sense adding it to law enforcement.

If there's reasonable research with some quantitative data to back up the general assertion then I see no problem whatsover. And that seems like one of those questions that has to have a concrete answer one way or the other, whatever that answer is just put me down in the corresponding column based on it.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You hate Georgia?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #14
MJ4H
Coordinator

lol alex jones
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #15
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer