Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #51
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Well, your point is a little tarnished by the fact that I am a diehard, season ticket holding, Nationals fan.

But, yeah, I don't know. I watch the real teams. I don't want to be them. I consider myself die hard, but when it comes to creating a fake team, I want the free reign to do what I want with it. I think I am in the minority, but that's how I feel.

so you're that one crazy guy!

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #52
Sgran
High School Varsity

I don't think it's enough to only produce text results.

I'm a good example of someone who could have gotten sucked into spending more on GLB but didn't. I started in Season 1, played for free, made two more guys with my flex points, logged in regularly, and then spent $16 in season 3 or 4. I stopped playing a month ago after a long period of boredom with the game. I never played the football side of the game because the gameplay was so clearly flawed. It's obvious to everyone that the creators couldn't figure out how to keep the games competitive while letting people pay for an advantage. I played as an interested observer.

The best part of the game for me was looking at the funny names people came up with for players and teams (I can still summon a laugh just thinking about Kicky McPunterson), and I think that is the positive lesson to take from it: personal control over the players' names and appearance is one path to immersion. Perhaps that type of control can substitute for the immersion one immediately has with the pro players we're familiar with. Same goes for logos and team names. I think this is why I like OOTP more than FOF. I guess what I'm getting at is this: if you want me to shell out for online play, then I want to see the action, and not just as blips on the screen. I want to watch my funky guy (if not me) rope a double down the line. The OOTP face images and uniforms is the bare minimum I expect from a $20 game at this point. As a regular subscribe I'd want more.