Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Old Age, Laziness or Mental Disease: Typing the wrong word

I'm typically a grammarian at heart but I'm far from perfect. I'll make the occasional typo from time to time -- spelling errors, poor punctuation, you name it.

But in recent years I've found myself haunted by a consistent error -- typing the wrong word. Not typos -- these words are spelled correctly. It's simply the wrong word.

Frequently it's the wrong verb tense.: Today in an e-mail I typed "I will found" instead of "I will find." Other times it's a close related word: In an e-mail I typed the word "That's why" when I mean "That's what." Other times it's words that don't share common letters but share some other common connection: Just now in this message I saw I typed "even" instead of "if."

I see myself doing this all the time on FOFC. I have probably done it in this post in some ironic way. I almost never did this before -- if I made typos, they were simply errors related to stupidity, speed or lack of attention. These are cases where I know the correct word and not mistyping them, I'm just typing the wrong word.

Does anyone else have this issue? I typically attribute such errors to a mental deficiency on my part, assuming I'm headed toward some sort of early onset dementia by age 40. I've begrudgingly accepted that it could be age catching up with me, another reminder of my misspent youth.

Or am I just going senile?

kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote