Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
drakeviii
n00b

NY in Financial Trouble

I'm new to the league and I forgot about the salary cap. I need to shed about 15M before the season starts. I'd like to trade Jose Maez for sure in combo with other players to get me under the cap.

Thanks.
Drakeviii

drakeviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeviii View Post
I'm new to the league and I forgot about the salary cap. I need to shed about 15M before the season starts. I'd like to trade Jose Maez for sure in combo with other players to get me under the cap.

Thanks.
Drakeviii

Drake If I were you id start Pming guys about deals yourself and be proactive. Most people if i remember correctly are lazy, and posting a block doesnt mean anything is gonna get done which is unfortunate. Just my 2 cents which you can tell me to shove
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
drakeviii
n00b

I appreciate the advice, thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Unfortunately I can not help with your financial issues this year myself. I'm above cap as well (only slightly however), so no ability here to take on additional salary.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wait, Drake, when did you join the league? Is this your first week? I can't remember...

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-06-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I just looked and that's right, you just joined this week. So silly me, per the rules:

Quote:
Any new owner that joins the league is entitled to cut at no cost $20 million total value worth of contracts as a 1 time option during the FOOL Classic sim of their first complete season in the league. This does not apply to old owners coming back or old owners switching teams. An owner can cut more than $20million worth of contracts, however any overage would have to come off of the following season's salary cap.

That means you can cut up to $20 million in salary without any damages, which would mean you wouldn't have to trade anyone if you didn't want to, you could just get rid of a bad contract. (Downey?)
Old 02-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
drakeviii
n00b

OK, that would help. Sorry I didn't look closely enough at the rules. If I could cut the Downey contract that would be a huge help. Thanks so much for looking out for me and I'll try to be more vigilant in the future.

Thanks,
Drakeviii
Old 02-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeviii View Post
OK, that would help. Sorry I didn't look closely enough at the rules. If I could cut the Downey contract that would be a huge help. Thanks so much for looking out for me and I'll try to be more vigilant in the future.

Thanks,
Drakeviii

Don't worry, I don't really read the rules either.

We've just had so many returning owners come back, that I forgot that you weren't one and it slipped through the cracks is all.

I PM'd you on this. You let me know who you want to get rid of and then I'll take them off your roster and you don't get penalized for that contract.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SP Gary Downey Auction - Front Office Football Central

Problem solved. Given the time constraints, Downey can't be released into the FA pool, so we'll do a live auction to figure out if anyone will sign him to play this season. Christmas comes a bit early from somebody!