Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

2004 Trade block

Willing to trade:

- Any Outfielder in my system (I have anything from MVP candidates, all stars to prospects)
- Catcher Prospects (I have a few decently rated catching prospects in my minors)
- Infield prospects (I have some younger really talented infielders that I could trade)

Wanted:

- Primarily major league ready infielders that would upgrade what I have currently
- Pitching depth both starters and bullpen

Obviously wanting a better player would ask for more back in return.

Last edited by Alan T : 01-19-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am looking for a catcher and an ace pitcher.

The catcher is the franchise, really good type. I already have very good catchers, but it's probably my weakest overall position. So if someone wants to trade their really good catcher for some good prospects and one of very good catchers or one of my many outfielders, I am open to that.

The pitcher would have to be all blue ratings, relatively young (32 or younger) and have the track record to back his talent (sub 4 ERA type, other "ace"-like qualities). I would obviously be willing to move any of the above listed in the catcher paragraph and more in such a deal. I'm not so deep in pitching prospects, but depending on the player in question, I might deal pitching prospects, of which I have a few very good ones, but I am particularly deep in hitting prospects, at nearly all positions, and particularly SS.

PM me if interested.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-20-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

SP Rod Davis (AAA) - 2*, 95/75/82, at potential, END 82, 4 pitches, 2.71 ERA in AAA last season (6.58 ERA in ML ball the year before).

MR Roger Hornbeck (AAA) - 2.5*, 83/85/79 with an 89 potential in control, END 3, 5 pitches, 3.08 ERA in 61.1 innings of work in AAA.

Obviously neither guy is a difference maker, so not looking for a ton in return. A younger prospect or two (depending on potential) that need a few years before they will be ML-ready. Would prefer pitching prospects, but will consider fielders as well at all positions.

Other guys that may have some value to someone:

SS Paul Grady - seems to be regressing for no good reason. Maybe a change of scenery will help. I want to give SS Francisco Ortiz a shot.

3B Kip Edwards (AAA) - a strikeout machine who my scout SWEARS will learn how to hit someday.

2B Ron Hanna (AAA) - Vicente Bonilla is about to blow past him on my depth chart. Has a horrible eye, but when he connects he REALLY connects.

Last edited by gstelmack : 01-20-2009 at 02:46 PM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 AM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Signed a lot more guys than I thought I would. Names now readily available include...

LF Mark Cady
CF Scott Wilson
1B Merrill Moran
SS Marvin Williams
3B Rien Boer
3B Dan Williams
SP Juan Beltran
SP Mark Henson
MR Mario Dominguez
CL Jesus Salinas

There are others, but those are a few of the better players. I would probably move them for a prospect. I doubt I would move all (for instance, only one of Boer or Williams would likely go, or only one of Beltran and Dominguez).

After signing Frazier and Drake, I am no longer concerned about getting an ace pitcher. I can still use a catcher, but I am okay there, too. Really, I'm just willing to move some guys for lower league talent, because they may or may not make the team, and I would rather see them out there playing than stuck in AAA for me (well, okay, some of these guys are obviously going to make the team, but I do have ready replacements for them...).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Willing to trade:

SS Tom Wilson
RF Xavier Welsh
MR Christian Cooper
RF Jacob Norman
2B Jose Dias
RF Travis Duncan
2B Francisco Garcia
1B Antonio Arias
SP Chan-hoon Yang
CF Jarrod Robinson

Want:

Prospects at every position.

Last edited by buckinbranco : 01-21-2009 at 08:45 PM.
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

/bump edit
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Montreal needs to trade at least $5 million to get under the gap. They'd most likely prefer to dump one of their three most expensive players, but pretty much anyone is available, but Gary Downey is the guy that'd be best to go. Big contract, but also a big-time arm.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
SP Rod Davis (AAA) - 2*, 95/75/82, at potential, END 82, 4 pitches, 2.71 ERA in AAA last season (6.58 ERA in ML ball the year before).

Boy, something must have happened to pitching talent, as with the exact same attributes he's now a 4.5* pitcher.