Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #101
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
So what kind of deals do you think we're going to see with this?

I'd imagine tomorrow everything will be jacked back up to MSRP and then discounted 10% to start.

It'll be a freakin madhouse there tomorrow though I'd expect.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #102
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Unless something dramatic happens I suspect that we will have a similar thread about Sears closing within the next 2 years. Its always been about selling the service contracts and such but in the past six or so months its gotten out of hand.

All that matters anymore is signing people up for credit and pushing warranties. Without the contracts they would rather not sell merchandise, even in higher mark up areas like appliances and tools. There are less and less employees around, basically every day is bare bone staffing. The customer service has really fallen off. And to top it all off, it seems as if the on hand stock levels are embarrasingly low. And sales just continue to drop.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #103
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Unless something dramatic happens I suspect that we will have a similar thread about Sears closing within the next 2 years. Its always been about selling the service contracts and such but in the past six or so months its gotten out of hand.

All that matters anymore is signing people up for credit and pushing warranties. Without the contracts they would rather not sell merchandise, even in higher mark up areas like appliances and tools. There are less and less employees around, basically every day is bare bone staffing. The customer service has really fallen off. And to top it all off, it seems as if the on hand stock levels are embarrasingly low. And sales just continue to drop.

And that's going to take KMart with it since they're all one "big, happy" family now...

CC closing is going to hurt Richmond quite a bit since they're the corporate HQ.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #104
henry296
College Starter

Drove by CC yesterday and they advertised 30% off outside. Did not have a chance to go in.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #106
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The discounts I saw were 30% off accessories for most stuff (all the Wiimotes are long gone, tho, for instance), 20% off movies and digital picture frames, and pretty much everything else at 10%.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #107
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Better use my $70 credit there soon.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #108
MikeVic
Head Coach

With CC going blah, does that mean The Source is as well?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #109
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
My understanding is that they're still profitable and will probably be sold off.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #110
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
The discounts I saw were 30% off accessories for most stuff (all the Wiimotes are long gone, tho, for instance), 20% off movies and digital picture frames, and pretty much everything else at 10%.

SI

Yeah, 10% off most stuff. Need to wait a few weeks before heading down there methinks...
Old 01-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #111
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

Bids are still going for the Source. It's actually a separate company called Intertan that CC owns. They are also profitable in Canada. Most likely they will be bought out and continue to operate as is, not sure if the name would have to change though. I think the official deadline for bids is this Friday so we'll see shortly.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #112
Tasan
College Starter

I believe with a lot of the name brand stuff like Nintendo, Dell and HP they can get credit back on returns. So when sales prices fall below that point, they simply get credited back. I'd imagine they actually sold very few Wiimotes and such.

Last edited by Tasan : 01-19-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote