Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

In The Name of the Shitty German Director (Funny Movie Review)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rtainment/home

Ah, Uwe Boll. He is the real life version of "The Producers" (his german tax loophole's been closed, but as long as the movie entered pre-production before 2007, it still applies, he put like six movies into pre-production at the end of 2006, so we still have a few more to go through, including "Postal".

Excerpt from "liveblog" style review:

7:15 p.m. Flick finally starts. Appear to be in a medieval castle. The bedroom. Naked Ray Liotta spoons naked Leelee Sobieski. Close-up of Ray. Looks like he just jetted first-class into Middle Ages. Straight from Goodfellas. That's some Witness Protection Program

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-11-2008 at 11:35 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Uwe Boll once again is DA BOMB... in a bad way.

Uwe Boll has done it again. Like House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, and BloodRayne, the latest game-based film from the outspoken--but never outpunched--German director, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, has bombed critically and commercially.

After reviewers got medieval on the RPG-inspired fantasy/adventure, audiences shunned it like the Bubonic Plague. From Friday, January 11 to Sunday, January 13, In the Name of the King took in only $3.3 million in US theaters, averaging just $2,002 on each of its 1,600 screens. The not-so-princely sum wasn't even enough to put the film in the top 10, which was capped by the Jack Nicholson/Morgan Freeman cancer comedy The Bucket List.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Uwe Boll once again is DA BOMB... in a bad way.

Uwe Boll has done it again. Like House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, and BloodRayne, the latest game-based film from the outspoken--but never outpunched--German director, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, has bombed critically and commercially.

After reviewers got medieval on the RPG-inspired fantasy/adventure, audiences shunned it like the Bubonic Plague. From Friday, January 11 to Sunday, January 13, In the Name of the King took in only $3.3 million in US theaters, averaging just $2,002 on each of its 1,600 screens. The not-so-princely sum wasn't even enough to put the film in the top 10, which was capped by the Jack Nicholson/Morgan Freeman cancer comedy The Bucket List.

That's really about $3.299999 million more than that movie deserved to make.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
dervack
College Prospect

I read somewhere that Postal has been getting some actual praise for Uwe Boll. I hope that's not true. And House of the Dead remains the only movie I have ever paid for and walked out of the theater before the end credits rolled.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm always curious how this guy gets some pretty good talent for his movies. How does he get people like Kingsly, Reynolds, Liota, Sobieski, etc. None of these people may be in the middle of a fabulous point in their careers, but I don't really believe any of them this doing a Boll movie will help. What makes them sign up for a movie which will probably be hated?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Decent money for doing two days of taping, which gets shoehorned into the rest of the movie.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
Calis
College Starter

Looks like this is the last "huge" flick from 'ole Uwe.

hxxp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i1f048e311710f2fb395ecaf034146a09?imw=Y
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

IE, I can afford to Lose $15 million as a tax break. If I lose $40+ million, that hurts even me!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:20 AM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This movie is so bad you just have to experience it. Its on showtime this month I believe. Check it out.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:46 AM   #10
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Did anyone ever see "Postal"? Sadly, I'm curious about it.