Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #51
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I have been thinking about doing the same thing. The biggest thing that keeps me from doing it is the 911 thing. With two young kids who understand to dial 911 in an emergency I would like to know that just them doing so would send a location instead of there being any worry about giving out the correct address under a pressure packed situation.

I like the idea of saving the money but also like the ability to hear the house phone ring and decide that I don't feel like talking right now without gettnig the "How come you didn't answer question later?".

You should not need service connected to dial 911 from your land line. If you do not have service connected, you can make two calls - to the phone company to turn service on, and 911.

Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #52
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
The one big problem I've noticed is that you start getting spam on your cell phone. Now, mine is company paid for and has about a bazillion minutes. However, if you're kindof tight on minutes, it can be a problem

There are lots of instances where you need a number that you don't think about (car dealership, bank, little stuff like movie rental membership, etc) and it only takes one of these companies to sell your information for you to start getting crap on your phone.

You can no-call list yourself but it's not perfectly foolproof.

SI

Yea, you gotta give out fake numbers unless absolutely necessary. I continue to give out my old land line number that was disconnected in 2002ish 99.99% of the time.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #53
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
You should not need service connected to dial 911 from your land line. If you do not have service connected, you can make two calls - to the phone company to turn service on, and 911.

uh-huh
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote