Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2003, 05:26 PM   #1
Vince
Pro Starter

Question In Search of Good Sheet Music

Ok, I figure at least a couple of you guys could help me out here.

I play the Piano, and have for almost 15 years now. I love to get new sheet music, but since I've been away at college for the last few years, I haven't had regular access to a piano for the last couple of years, and I have been 'out of the loop' in terms of buying sheet music. I've used sheetmusicplus.com before, and they have been fairly good, but I am constantly buying music that is completely vanilla-fied for the beginner and I end up having to screw around and add arpegios and chords to make it sound any good...by the time I'm done, I might as well have figured the song out by ear anyways.

My question, therefore, is are any of you musicians who use sheet music often, and if so, how do you usually go about finding/purchasing sheet music? I love to play everything from ultra-classical to contemporary.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 05:30 PM   #2
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Vince: My brother is a musician and teacher and gets all of his music through a local store. Columbus has a large sheet music store and he is able to see what he's getting before he buys it. Have you tried finding a sheet music store near you?
Old 07-25-2003, 07:55 PM   #3
SteelerFan448
High School JV

www.jwpepper.com is a site that has all kinds of music that you can order. Maybe you can find something you like there.