Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Captain2711
High School JV

Fantasy Football Dilemma

Brady Quinn tonight vs one of the worse pass defenses in Denver or Peyton Manning vs the #1 pass defense in Pittsburgh?

Captain2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

BQ
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm in a similar boat.

Do I play Jamal Lewis, hoping the Browns are still in the game or risk Denver blowing them out and Quinn having to throw? Sure, Jamal Lewis vs Denver is a great matchup but I only get to play one of two between him and the terribly inconsistent Maurice Jones-Drew at Detroit.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I have to think that there will be so much offense to go around vs. Detroit that MJD would be a safe enough play, while your concern that Lewis becomes a non-factor if Denver starts blowing Cleveland out is a good one.

BQ vs. Manning is tough, tough, tough. If I'm leading in my league I might play it safe and go with Manning, but if I need to go out on a limb I probably go with BQ.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
Captain2711
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I'm in a similar boat.

Do I play Jamal Lewis, hoping the Browns are still in the game or risk Denver blowing them out and Quinn having to throw? Sure, Jamal Lewis vs Denver is a great matchup but I only get to play one of two between him and the terribly inconsistent Maurice Jones-Drew at Detroit.

SI

I personally think Denver will keep Cleveland in the game being so prone to turnovers this year
Old 11-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
spleen1015
Coordinator

I think both teams are going to rack up the points. Players on both teams at each position will score decent points.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

How solid is the rest of the team vs your matchups compared to who you are playing?

If they are stronger, then I'd gamble with Quinn. If you are stronger, I'd take the more sure thing in Manning
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
Captain2711
High School JV

Played Brady Quinn, happy with 12 points at the half. Now only if I could actually watch the game. Damn Cablevision
Old 11-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #9
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Started Cutler, Prater, and Marshall...with Torain on the bench. I'm a happy man right now...dropping Torain for Big Ben as my backup.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #10
MikeVic
Head Coach

Why drop Torain, did I miss something (I don't have him, but he had a TD last night)?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #11
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Did Selvin Young take up Voodoo in an attempt to get the starting job at RB?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 11-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Lewis got 14 but MJD was good for 27 so that was definitely the right call.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-09-2008 at 06:31 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #13
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

It's important to remember exactly how much Detroit sucks when setting your fantasy lineup.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #14
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Did Selvin Young take up Voodoo in an attempt to get the starting job at RB?

One could start to get the idea that Torain might be, I don't know, injury prone?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #15
MikeVic
Head Coach

Think Selvin Young is a worthy addition at this point (in place of Fred Taylor)? Or would that distinction go to someone like Peyton Hills?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #16
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
One could start to get the idea that Torain might be, I don't know, injury prone?

Hall, Pittman, Torain... it hasn't been a good year for people ahead of Selvin on the depth chart.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #17
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Think Selvin Young is a worthy addition at this point (in place of Fred Taylor)? Or would that distinction go to someone like Peyton Hills?

I would never put a Broncos running back on my fantasy roster, and I say that as a Broncos fan. Running backs are expendable cogs in the Shanahan system, and you never know who will get the ball or when.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Last I heard Selvin might not even play this week.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote