Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
molson
General Manager

President Forever & Primaries: Major Update and Multiplayer?

Does anyone still keep up with this game?

They sent me an email last week about a "major update". I played around on the website for a while and it looks like there's a multiplayer beta, a lot of updates since last I checked (though still not a lot of forum activity).

molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yeah, I am playing it now. I hadn't played it this year, but with all of the cool downloads and scenario games like Governors races and stuff, it's too fun not for me to dive into. Baseball season is over and so, I guess since I don't have a candidate in the race this year, it's worth diving into. I bought the Campaigns Forever scenario editor, which is WELL worth it, because it lets you edit scenarios and create your own based off the ones in the game or whatever you want fantasy wise. It's great.

There are some scenarios for download in-game too, for things like congress, senate or governors races. I'm currently running for Governor in New Jersey. It's a hoot.

I haven't seen talk of the multiplayer beta, but that would be awesome if that existed. You're right, their forum is basically DOA tho.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-02-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Hey, question about scenarios...

I have not played this game and am not that familiar with it, but one thing I have found lacking in all presidential election games since President Elect in the 80s is something very simple -- ability to set the election scenario, which means you can determine who is the incumbent (and if there is no incumbent, just which party is in power), general economic conditions, war/peace, etc. Is that what is meant by "scenarios" for this game?

And also, are the voting patterns for the individual states fairly realistic?

This sounds interesting, but there have been a lot of subpar election games out there. President Elect is still the best one I've played...
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Played tonight and was annoyed about the fact that there aren't any sims out there that have Nader in them, et. al. So it's a little annoying. I'm sure that together we could all create a scenario that would do it and I could release it, though after Tuesday not sure it'd matter...

But it's sorta cumbersome.

The game is probably the most sophisticated one out there, but it's not without fault and it's hardly perfect. I haven't played a ton of this newest version, but it does a pretty good job and what it doesn't do, it manages to allow you to edit lots of things to let you create the experience you want.

So that helps, too.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #5
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

One of the problems I've had with games like these is usually there is one flat formula to winning and doing anything else becomes just stupid. There was another game basically where to win all you had to do was sit and build up political capital to win endorsements and barely do anything else and you won every time. With the ability to do that, it made me skeptical of the results.

It's also difficult for these kinds of games to not just become 'replay sims' where X candidate wins every time like in real life.

I'm curious to try this one out and see if it's any different though.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #6
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Bought it last night. I liked it, but just couldn't pull it off the first time with Sen. Brownback.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
path12
Coordinator

I downloaded the demo for this a couple weeks back but haven't really done much with it yet. I find that happens a lot.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I downloaded the demo for this a couple weeks back but haven't really done much with it yet. I find that happens a lot.

I can relate. I have CIV IV and all the add ons loaded on my PC and I have never run the game yet. Time.....
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote