Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

My Night at the Comedy Club

So yesterday the Wife and I spent the day at the new California Academy of Sciences in San Fran. Afterwards we walked around in Little Italy until it got dark and we got hungry. After eating dinner at a swell little joint called "Michelangelo's" (delicious btw) we headed over our favorite Comedy Club in SF called "Punchline". Every Sunday night they have a local comedy showcase, where all of the more popular up and coming comics will put on a show from 8-10. So we show up at 6:45 and much to our surprise there's already a good amount of people there waiting outside (doors open at 7). So, we get in line and wait for the 15-20 minutes it takes to get to the front door and in. Now during this time, another 100 people must have shown up and gotten in line behind us. We kept looking around and then back at eachother, saying there's something really weird going on. I mean, this place is pretty small and there were people filing in line like crazy. Sure enough, when we finally got to the front door we saw the poster outside with the following promo.

Tuesday thru Sunday
Dave Chappelle
8-10pm

Holy shitlocks! Dave Chappelle was going to be on that night and we totally lucked out off of our asses. There were exactly 2 non-prepurchased tickets left and we got them. So we sat, drank a few drinks, and watched Dave Chappelle from 15 feet away do his thing. He didn't just crack a few and then walk off the stage. He would up staying later than usual, and he didn't actually end the show until a quarter after midnight. Funny as hell in some parts and just plain on weird in other parts, all in all it was a great 4 hours where you really felt like you got to know Dave. He was talking to members of the audience throughout the whole show, and there was a special guest who was there throughout the entire show too who sat just 2 chairs away from me. Shock G...who some of you might remember as Humpty Hump. He got up on stage and cracked a few jokes too. Dave even pulled out his ipod and had the DJ play some songs while they told eachother some behind the scenes stories of some wild shit that happened with Tupac, Jay-Z, and other famous "musicians". Of course the night had a heavy sprinkling of politics too, with Obama and Prop 8 being the two main focal points.

Yeah...you could say it was a good day.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-03-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Solid.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
Butter
Coordinator

Holy shitlocks?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Holy shitlocks?

I recommend watching "The Nutty Professor".
Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

Hey did a show at Rutgers when I was there a few years back. He was stoned to the bejeezus belt.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote