Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Fantasy Football Trade Advice - Week 9

QB - Cutler, Schaub
RB - Lynch, Addai, C. Johnson (TEN), Slaton
WR - Marshall, A Johnson (HOU), S. Smith (Car), Colston
TE - Cooley
DEF - Eagles
K - Bironas, Prater (Bironas will be dropped after bye week)

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

So...

I managed to get Steve Smith for James Stewart, since I had witnessed this owner in our 8 team league give Boldin away for Willie Parker (this was after I /told/ the guy Boldin/Smith should go for a guy like Gore/Barber).

I grabbed Smith from him so as to not have Smith go to someone else for peanuts...since Marshall/Cutler seem to be regressing, it's looking likely that Marshall will be the bench warmer from here on out.

BUT...

I notice that LT is finally emerging again, and has one of the sweeter backend schedules (think Jessica Beil in I now pronuce you Chuck and Larry as the only thing worth watching in that movie) and he's on the other last place team.

Now this guy needs a running back, receiver, and quarterback, but he's still within striking distance (3-5) leader is 6-2, I'm at 5-3 and soley in 2nd.

Do I offer a package of say Slaton and Colston for LT? Lowball it may be, but Slaton is an upgrade to an upredictable Jone-Drew, older Thomas Jones, and benchwarmer McClain. Receiver Colston is a question mark, but should improve...the guy has Braylon Edwards (hit or miss this season, mostly miss) and a bright spot in Lee Evans (finally becoming a consistent threat) with a bench of Roy E. Williams, Muhammed and ole man Galloway.

Colston may not be enough, but perhaps Marshall?

The real reason is just like the trade before to /block/ an opponent, and right now the leader is looking for a starting running back (Steve Jackson, Mewelde Moore, Portis, and Edge are his corp)...he's vulnerable.

I know Addai has a good schedule too, but the Colts are inconsistent and he's an injury risk, Slaton and Chris Johnson are good, but I worry about consistency. Lynch is good but losing carries to Fred Jackson - I didn't even start him this week or last week - playing the matchups which did me well with Slaton/CJohnson duo...

The only other guy I'm eyeing is Gore, but man, SanFran is just ugly...I may try and Addai for Gore offer, but I don't think he would take it...

Any help would be appreciative.

Go Phils!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
MikeVic
Head Coach

lol, I don't get the Jessica Biel reference.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
lol, I don't get the Jessica Biel reference.

Biel has a nice back end
I figured I'd something non-football related since I over-analyze everything...the owner of Ronnie Brown just said no to anything involving him...it's hard to trade in this league (especially when you manage to get Smith for John Stewart).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
Travis
Pro Rookie

It just kills me reading these rosters (currently in 12 and 14 team leagues) and seeing Jackson, Portis, Moore, Edge labeled as vulnerable, but I get what you mean. Assuming there is no keeper aspect to things, leading with Slaton/Colston to get talks started isn't a bad idea with the flexibility to improve your offer potentially to Johnson, Lynch or Addai plus Marshall.

Given that you don't start a flex, you're basically only really worried about your top 3 at RB and WR the rest of the way, so basically plan on which two guys at RB you really want to hang on to, then see if the guys left at each position might be a player he covets enough to make the move.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I have an enviable dilemna. I have two QBs that regularly put up 30+ points (generally you win with over 100 points) that have the same bye week (Brees and Rivers). The problem is, QBs are not the problem in our 14 team league. They have been on the trade block forever, but everyone is looking for RBs, not QBs. I am winning, so it's fine, but I would love to pick up a modest WR and RB for one of the two. Oh well.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

FWIW:

QB - Brees, Rivers, Flacco (For week 9)
RB - M. Barber, C. Johnson, D. Williams
WR - S. Breaston, S. Moss,, B. Berrian, J. Gage, J. Porter (IR)
TE - C. Cooley
DST - Saints (I will need to pick one up for week 9)
K - J. Brown, N. Rackers (Why do I have to K's!? I need to fix that this week)

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 WR-RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST

Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
Travis
Pro Rookie

You look pretty good at RB and WR (assuming you don't get an injury at RB down the stretch), so might be best to hold onto both your QB's in case of injury/matchups in the playoffs. Would suck to deal one who can account for a 1/3 of a winning score then have the other go down when it really matters. At least if you're not able to package them for a top tier player at RB or WR.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #8
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The Saints run defense is bad, so I wouldn't read too much into LT becoming his old self against them.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
You look pretty good at RB and WR (assuming you don't get an injury at RB down the stretch), so might be best to hold onto both your QB's in case of injury/matchups in the playoffs. Would suck to deal one who can account for a 1/3 of a winning score then have the other go down when it really matters. At least if you're not able to package them for a top tier player at RB or WR.

True. We also are able to keep one player selected after the 5th round. That leaves Rivers or Johnson for me. I would hate to deal Rivers, stick with Brees, and then wish I had Rivers for next year's draft. I'm sure there will be a keeper thread later, so I will address that concern when the time comes.

Like I said, it's an enviable dilemna. I will be dropping Flacco free and clear after this week unless I can trade for someone mildly better than who is available through the waiver wires. There are some people hurting at QB, but no one is dieing for one.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #10
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
It just kills me reading these rosters (currently in 12 and 14 team leagues) and seeing Jackson, Portis, Moore, Edge labeled as vulnerable, but I get what you mean. Assuming there is no keeper aspect to things, leading with Slaton/Colston to get talks started isn't a bad idea with the flexibility to improve your offer potentially to Johnson, Lynch or Addai plus Marshall.

Given that you don't start a flex, you're basically only really worried about your top 3 at RB and WR the rest of the way, so basically plan on which two guys at RB you really want to hang on to, then see if the guys left at each position might be a player he covets enough to make the move.

I know what you mean too. I've offered two trades to two guys, both are hurting right now:

Team A is going to be 3-5 thanks to me

Lynch/Marshall for Gore/Boldin - This is a reach but I want to start dialogue with this guy, he's down on Barber/Gore and just grabbed KC's own Larry Johnson off waivers. Fitzgerald and Boldin are his starters. He has Brees for QB.

Team B is also going to be 3-5 but actually has won two in a row

LT/Evans for Marshall/Slaton - Bit of a lowball, but when you have Favre as your QB (with Chicago's finest Orton as the backup). Jones-Drew is hit or miss, LT is getting better. Braylon Edwards has been mostly miss, Evans is good, but Marshall is a significant upgrade. This is a team when I think I benefit well and won't see a blow back in the future (Playoffs).

Only four teams make it to the playoffs, I may be a little premature in my expectations of being there, but anytime I can grab a guy like LT or Gore and not lose Addai/A Johnson/Steve Smith, is a win-win. With an extra spot I'll grab Sproles should there be future problems, but if I lose LT to injury, I have depth to cover it.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #11
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
True. We also are able to keep one player selected after the 5th round. That leaves Rivers or Johnson for me. I would hate to deal Rivers, stick with Brees, and then wish I had Rivers for next year's draft. I'm sure there will be a keeper thread later, so I will address that concern when the time comes.

Like I said, it's an enviable dilemna. I will be dropping Flacco free and clear after this week unless I can trade for someone mildly better than who is available through the waiver wires. There are some people hurting at QB, but no one is dieing for one.

What sorts of RB and WR are on waivers? Assuming you're dropping Flacco and your other kicker to pick up skill position players you've got some room to play there. Not sure what's going on in Denver but I've been trying to pick up Torain after getting through bye weeks in case he comes back and takes the job (can't imagine he won't get a crack at it or they'd have likely just IR'd him for the season after he got hurt). If nobody has landed Donnie Avery, be good to get in the mix for him too.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #12
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
What sorts of RB and WR are on waivers? Assuming you're dropping Flacco and your other kicker to pick up skill position players you've got some room to play there. Not sure what's going on in Denver but I've been trying to pick up Torain after getting through bye weeks in case he comes back and takes the job (can't imagine he won't get a crack at it or they'd have likely just IR'd him for the season after he got hurt). If nobody has landed Donnie Avery, be good to get in the mix for him too.

The top available RB/WRs based on points this week (scoring more than 10 fantasy points):

L. Weaver (SEA)
T. Ginn, Jr (MIA)
M. Jones (JAC)
D. Williams (BAL)
N. Washington (PIT)
M. Bradley (KC)
A. Pittman (STL)
R. Williams (JAC)

I have a low waiver position because it is based on record, but there are a few good options there. I may drop J. Porter as well.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #13
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Here's mine if anyone wants to look at it.

Another owner said they would trade Larry Fitzgerald, Ronnie Brown, and Matt Prater for Joseph Addai, Steve Slaton, a starting WR, and a kicker (own 2 this week because Crosby's was on a bye).

I offered him Joseph Addai, Steve Slaton, Dwayne Bowe, and a kicker for Larry Fitzgerald, Ronnie Brown, Anthony Gonzalez, and Matt Prater. Is it a good trade or am I giving up to much?

League settings are 1 point per 50 yards passing, 1 point per 20 yards receiving/rushing, 6 points for all touchdowns, .5 points per reception, and -2 points for interceptions/fumbles lost. There is fractional scoring.

This is a 14-team league. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF. We are allowed to keep three players each year at any position (so theoretically I could keep three running backs) for as long as we want. You also have the option of keeping only two players and picking up an extra draft pick before the non keeper rounds begin.

My team (Likely 7-1 after tonight)
QB: Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Reggie Bush, Matt Forte, Joseph Addai Chris Johnson, and Steve Slaton
WR: Marques Colston, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, and Josh Morgan
TE: Owen Daniels
K: Mason Crosby, Steve Suisham
DEF: New York Giants

His team (Likely 3-5 after tonight)
QB: Peyton Manning, J.T. O'Sullivan
RB: Ronnie Brown, Tim Hightower, DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Isaac Bruce, Anthony Gonzalez, Rashied Davis, and Nate Washington
TE: Chris Cooley
K: Matt Prater, Neil Rackers
DEF: San Fransisco

Note: Long story short, this is my best shot at getting an elite WR. Almost all the other elite WRs are either another top team or on teams already strong at RB.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #14
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Here's mine if anyone wants to look at it.

Another owner said they would trade Larry Fitzgerald, Ronnie Brown, and Matt Prater for Joseph Addai, Steve Slaton, a starting WR, and a kicker (own 2 this week because Crosby's was on a bye).

I offered him Joseph Addai, Steve Slaton, Dwayne Bowe, and a kicker for Larry Fitzgerald, Ronnie Brown, Anthony Gonzalez, and Matt Prater. Is it a good trade or am I giving up to much?

League settings are 1 point per 50 yards passing, 1 point per 20 yards receiving/rushing, 6 points for all touchdowns, .5 points per reception, and -2 points for interceptions/fumbles lost. There is fractional scoring.

This is a 14-team league. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF. We are allowed to keep three players each year at any position (so theoretically I could keep three running backs) for as long as we want. You also have the option of keeping only two players and picking up an extra draft pick before the non keeper rounds begin.

My team (Likely 7-1 after tonight)
QB: Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Reggie Bush, Matt Forte, Joseph Addai Chris Johnson, and Steve Slaton
WR: Marques Colston, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, and Josh Morgan
K: Mason Crosby, Steve Suisham
DEF: New York Giants

His team (Likely 3-5 after tonight)
QB: Peyton Manning, J.T. O'Sullivan
RB: Ronnie Brown, Tim Hightower, DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Isaac Bruce, Anthony Gonzalez, Rashied Davis, and Nate Washington
TE: Chris Cooley
K: Matt Prater, Neil Rackers
DEF: San Fransisco

Note: Long story short, this is my best shot at getting an elite WR. Almost all the other elite WRs are either another top team or on teams already strong at RB.

If I'm you, I take the deal. Brown has a lot nicer matchups down the stretch than Slaton.

Really though, it comes down to which version you prefer:

QB: Cutler/Ben
RB: Addai/Johnson/Forte
WR: Colston/Johnson/Bowe/Morgan

or

QB: Cutler/Ben
RB: Johnson/Brown/Forte
WR: Fitz/Colston/Johnson/Gonzalez

That's just listing your starters and primary backup as bye weeks are almost over. Bush is a bonus to add into either lineup depending on how he looks when he comes back. Slaton, while he has keeper potential, I'm not sure he cracks your lineup very often the rest of this season while Fitz should be in there every week. So really to me it comes down to Addai/Bowe for Fitz/Brown.

Edit to add, this deal would also remove one injury concern from your roster which would be good given you'd still have an injured guy at that position.

Last edited by Travis : 10-27-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #15
MikeVic
Head Coach

I want to shake up my bench a bit. Some of the guys I have seem to have regressed... which would you try to do?

-Pick up Breaston or Avery for Eddie Royal or Santonio Holmes?
-Pick up Pennington or Ryan? I have Campbell and he faces Pittsburgh... Delhomme on the bench in a bye week...
-Time to pick up Ryan Torain and drop someone like Tim Hightower or Fred Taylor?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #16
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I want to shake up my bench a bit. Some of the guys I have seem to have regressed... which would you try to do?

-Pick up Pennington or Ryan? I have Campbell and he faces Pittsburgh... Delhomme on the bench in a bye week...
-Time to pick up Ryan Torain and drop someone like Tim Hightower or Fred Taylor?

Thanks in advance.

Breaston is the 3rd WR in Arizona so I wouldn't pick him up for Royal or Holmes. Maybe Avery and drop one of the other two? I'm not sure.

Ryan is @Oakland and Pennington is @Denver. For this week, I probably like Pennington better.

I wouldn't drop Torain for Hightower. Picking up Torain and dropping Fred Taylor might be a good move though.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #17
Racer
College Benchwarmer

My trade ended up being Joseph Addai, Steve Slaton, Dwayne Bowe, and Mason Crosby for Larry Fitzgerald, Ronnie Brown, J.T. O'Sullivan, and Matt Prater. I have since dropped my extra kicker and picked up Steve Smith (NYG). So my roster will look like this once the trade is processed (The league is a yahoo! plus league so there are only protests to yahoo! people, trades can't be vetoed).

QB: Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger, J.T. O'Sullivan
RB: Reggie Bush, Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, Ronnie Brown
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, Calvin Johnson, Josh Morgan, Steve Smith (NYG)
K: Matt Prater
DEF: NY Giants

J.T. O'Sullivan doesn't do anything for me right away. However, getting him gives me the possibility of trading him or Big Ben for better depth at WR so I actually prefer getting him over Anthony Gonzalez.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #18
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

btw,

neither trade happened, the LT guy seemed slighted. I get unhinged Schmidty-style at guys that scoff at trades and then don't even bother to discuss it further. How hard is it to say he's not available? I've gotten some nasty trades and have always politely declined with explanation, or brought up a counter-offer or two.

This is an eight team league, all the teams are stacked one way or another. Needless to say, I'm marking the last game of the season when I play him, I plan to pummel.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #19
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

1) All these guys have roughly equal value
2) Pennington v. MIA this week is a great play
3) Hightower will be starting in AZ within two weeks.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #20
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
My trade ended up being Joseph Addai, Steve Slaton, Dwayne Bowe, and Mason Crosby for Larry Fitzgerald, Ronnie Brown, J.T. O'Sullivan, and Matt Prater. I have since dropped my extra kicker and picked up Steve Smith (NYG). So my roster will look like this once the trade is processed (The league is a yahoo! plus league so there are only protests to yahoo! people, trades can't be vetoed).

QB: Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger, J.T. O'Sullivan
RB: Reggie Bush, Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, Ronnie Brown
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, Calvin Johnson, Josh Morgan, Steve Smith (NYG)
K: Matt Prater
DEF: NY Giants

J.T. O'Sullivan doesn't do anything for me right away. However, getting him gives me the possibility of trading him or Big Ben for better depth at WR so I actually prefer getting him over Anthony Gonzalez.

May want to jettison JTO and pick up Hill if nobody else has him yet as I believe he's been named the starter in SF. Likely not a big issue for you as you've got a pretty solid looking starting lineup+backup at QB/RB. Might not hurt to keep looking for an upgrade at the backup WR spot, but being able to throw those three out as starters has to be a nice luxury.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #21
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
btw,

neither trade happened, the LT guy seemed slighted. I get unhinged Schmidty-style at guys that scoff at trades and then don't even bother to discuss it further. How hard is it to say he's not available? I've gotten some nasty trades and have always politely declined with explanation, or brought up a counter-offer or two.

This is an eight team league, all the teams are stacked one way or another. Needless to say, I'm marking the last game of the season when I play him, I plan to pummel.

That's a pet peeve of mine as well. That and getting counter offers that are absolutely stupid.

I made an offer a couple weeks ago of Michael Turner and Lance Moore for Andre Johnson and De'Angelo Williams (guy with A. Johnson is pretty stacked at WR and in need of RB help).

He counter offers with Andre Johnson and Ricky Williams for Calvin Johnson and Michael Turner.

I had to close and reopen the email to make sure I wasn't seeing things.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #22
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of Foo View Post
1) All these guys have roughly equal value
2) Pennington v. MIA this week is a great play
3) Hightower will be starting in AZ within two weeks.

Yeah I agree the WR are pretty equal... I just had Royal and Holmes since I drafted them, so I'm thinking of dropping Royal and picking up someone like Avery.

I don't want to leave Campbell as my starter this week, so I hope I get Pennington. Anyone know if Tony Scheffler will be playing this week? I hate having to waste a spot with him on the bench.

I agree that Hightower looks better than Taylor. Fred Taylor seems to be doing nothing right now, so I think I should take a gamble on Ryan Torain.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 AM   #23
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Whats the deal on Ryan Torain? I guess I'm going to pick him up, seems to be a popular thing these days. I hope that he's the guy who's going to carry me the second half of the season, figure I'd like to get him the week or two before he blows up, and see.

Bush being hurt is really taking a toll on my chances to win it all.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:22 AM   #24
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I don't know about Torain, Pittman seems locked in. The Denver running corp is scary to place your trust in.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #25
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Whats the deal on Ryan Torain? I guess I'm going to pick him up, seems to be a popular thing these days. I hope that he's the guy who's going to carry me the second half of the season, figure I'd like to get him the week or two before he blows up, and see.

Bush being hurt is really taking a toll on my chances to win it all.

I've picked Torain up on a pair of teams, hard to imagine he won't get a crack at the job or why not IR him when he initially got hurt. That said, it's as the #4 RB (start two and I have a very solid top 3 so Torain is a flyer I can afford to take) on one team and I think something like my 6th RB on the other (no position limits so at this point I'm running with 2 QB, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D/ST along with numerous RB and WR). That said I'm hoping he tears it up the rest of the way and that I can trade him for picks in the offseason as I really want no part of the Denver backfield in my weekly roster decisions.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 AM   #26
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What about Fred Jackson? I half heard something about Lynch maybe being out in week 9. I dunno, can't find any info on it. I know he missed practice today, but I don't know why.

I'm really struggling this week to field a lineup of RB's.

I have Slaton/Parker/M. Moore/Gore/Bush/Addai/Jackson/Torain

I'm going with

RB-Slaton
RB-Moore?
Flex-Boldin
WR-Megatron
WR-Jennings

I mean, can I trust Addai this week? I hate dicking around with last minute things with parker or Moore. If Parker's ruled out, I think Moore probably is my play over Addai. But it's still in the air this weekend, I think I may have to play Addai. Or Jackson vs the Jets.

8 team league, me and my one friend are top 2 in the league and we have most of the second tier starting backs stockpiled between us.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #27
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
What about Fred Jackson? I half heard something about Lynch maybe being out in week 9. I dunno, can't find any info on it. I know he missed practice today, but I don't know why.

I'm really struggling this week to field a lineup of RB's.

I have Slaton/Parker/M. Moore/Gore/Bush/Addai/Jackson/Torain

I'm going with

RB-Slaton
RB-Moore?
Flex-Boldin
WR-Megatron
WR-Jennings

I mean, can I trust Addai this week? I hate dicking around with last minute things with parker or Moore. If Parker's ruled out, I think Moore probably is my play over Addai. But it's still in the air this weekend, I think I may have to play Addai. Or Jackson vs the Jets.

8 team league, me and my one friend are top 2 in the league and we have most of the second tier starting backs stockpiled between us.

According to the update from cbs sportsline (one of my leagues is run through their site) on Marshawn Lynch:

Quote:
The Buffalo News reports Bills coach Dick Jauron said RB Marshawn Lynch was excused for practice Wednesday for personal reasons. Jauron on Lynch: "We excused him from practice. It was not injury related. It was personal. He had reasons to not be here and he should be back tomorrow."

So looks like the Jackson front may be a dead end for you. They also are saying on there that Parker is likely to play this week so your best bet is likely Addai and hope they don't split the carries too much and that he doesn't tweak his hamstring.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #28
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I am without Brees this week.

I have Trent Edwards, who should have an OK day vs. the Jets.

My question is-- I also have Marshawn Lynch. Do I start both Bills?

I must start 1 RB and 1 WR, and then two flex.

RB: Ronnie Brown, Marshawn Lynch
WR: A Boldin, S Holmes, B Berrian, D Avery.

Brown, Boldin and Berrian are, IMO, must starts. In that second spot, do I start Lynch? Hope Avery strikes for the 2nd week in a row? Or put faith that Holmes has a big comeback week?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #29
Travis
Pro Rookie

So I'm curious as to the take on this offer.

My trade deadline in a 14 team league is tonight at midnight. I've had Steve Slaton on my IR for quite a while now (players don't have to be injured to be placed on IR in our league, but once placed there, they're limited to being traded or dropped during the season, you can't activate them to your active lineup) and thought I'd put a feeler email to see if I could package him with a lineup player to upgrade for a playoff run.

So to finish prefacing, I'm 2 games out of a playoff spot right now and here's my current roster:

QB: Campbell/Garrard: start one, going on matchups
RB: Addai/Turner/Torain/Rice/Slaton (IR) - Addai/Turner are the starters down the stretch, will need them to stay healthy
WR: Ward/Avery/Royal/Hester: Will usually start two from this group based on matchup
TE: Carlson/V. Davis
K: Prater/Dawson
D/ST: Seattle/Houston

We start QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, K, D/ST. So if Addai (or Turner) goes down, I'll be starting the trio of Ward/Avery/Royal.

Last piece of clarification is that we keep 3 players from our own team plus 1 acquired via offseason trade (4 in total, at least 1 through trade but up to all 4 spots could be offseason moves). Draft picks can not be traded until April of the same year (so next April for August's draft).

Point scheme is 1 pt per 10 yards pass/rush/rec and 6 pts for all offensive TD's (special teams TD only count to the D/ST category).

Trade sent my way was Reggie Wayne, Ernest Graham and Marshawn Lynch for Hines Ward, Joseph Addai and Steve Slaton.

I turned it down saying that I absolutely have to win *now* if I'm making a push this season (devalues Wayne) and that in keeper terms, this is at best a push for me (RB's are in higher demand than WR when it comes to offseason deals). He basically called me an idiot because this would give me a top 5 keeper WR and strengthen both my WR and RB core.

Last point to consider is that if I accepted the trade, I'd also have to move one of Graham, Turner, Lynch, Rice or Torain to IR to be roster compliant.

I feel like the injury concerns plus keeper values say I made the right choice, but I took offense to his reply email basically calling me an idiot for turning this down. Am I really missing something here hoping that I can make a go of it *if* (and I know it's a big if) one of Avery/Royal can step up down the stretch over how my lineup would look like if I pulled the trigger?
Old 11-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #30
TLK
Pro Starter

Any thoughts of this offer:

Quote:
Requestor:
Bomb Squad
Acceptor:
Conquering Fools
Offers:
QB Philip Rivers, SD
149 Completions, 2038 Passing YD, 19 Passing TD, 8 Rushing YD, 0 Rushing TD, 6 INT, 236 FP
WR Chad Johnson, CIN
32 Receptions, 312 Receiving YD, 2 Receiving TD, 0 Rushing YD, 0 Rushing TD, 0 Fumbles, 42 FP
WR Donte Stallworth, CLE
7 Receptions, 56 Receiving YD, 1 Receiving TD, 0 Rushing YD, 0 Rushing TD, 0 Fumbles, 10 FP
Def Raiders, Team Defense, OAK
177 Opp Points, 348 Tackles, 16 Sacks, 7 INT, 1 FG/EP Blocks, 0 TD, 67 FP
For:
QB Jason Campbell, WAS
152 Completions, 1754 Passing YD, 8 Passing TD, 62 Rushing YD, 0 Rushing TD, 0 INT, 146 FP
WR Reggie Wayne, IND
38 Receptions, 521 Receiving YD, 4 Receiving TD, 0 Rushing YD, 0 Rushing TD, 0 Fumbles, 87 FP
WR Greg Camarillo, MIA
32 Receptions, 372 Receiving YD, 1 Receiving TD, -5 Rushing YD, 0 Rushing TD, 0 Fumbles, 40 FP
Def Panthers, Team Defense, CAR
127 Opp Points, 368 Tackles, 13 Sacks, 5 INT, 0 FG/EP Blocks, 1 TD, 93 FP

Comment by Bomb Squad: qb's you make out by 90
johnson vs wayne i make out by 50
stallworth vs camarillo me by 30
defense thrown in because your a nice guy and reggie wayne is questionable

I'm thinking I'm going to turn it down. However, I think Rivers is a big improvement over Campbell and Wayne has been a bit of a disappointment this year. Any thoughts?

Before:
QB- Campbell
RB- Turner, Barber
WR- Wayne, S. Moss, H. Ward
TE- Carlson
K- Prater
DEF- Pittsburgh

After:
QB- Rivers
RB- Turner, Barber
WR- S. Moss, H. Ward, C. Johnson (Reggie Brown and Nate Washington are other options)
TE- Carlson
K- Prater
DEF- Pittsburgh
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #31
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
Any thoughts of this offer:

I'm thinking I'm going to turn it down. However, I think Rivers is a big improvement over Campbell and Wayne has been a bit of a disappointment this year. Any thoughts?

Before:
QB- Campbell
RB- Turner, Barber
WR- Wayne, S. Moss, H. Ward
TE- Carlson
K- Prater
DEF- Pittsburgh

After:
QB- Rivers
RB- Turner, Barber
WR- S. Moss, H. Ward, C. Johnson (Reggie Brown and Nate Washington are other options)
TE- Carlson
K- Prater
DEF- Pittsburgh

I probably do that. You are making a big improvement at QB. Everything else stays the same outside of Wayne/Johnson.

You run the risk of Wayne improving drastically (I don't see Johnson making much improvement, especially if Palmer is done). But you are giving up a potential increase at WR for a certain (or as certain as you can get in FF) increase at QB.

I think the other stuff is all a wash, as bye weeks are ending, and you won't use those guys anyway.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote