Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #51
RendeR
Coordinator

Actually it won't be a huge change at all. Connolly is a perrenial injury vitim so mcAurthur has had significant time playing in his place. looking at the current depth chart There really shouldn't be any let down at all based on whose on the ice.

I am glad that none of the guys in the fight (Kaleta, Rivet, Mair) got suspended. losing any one of them would have been a big hit.

GO SABRES!!!

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #52
RendeR
Coordinator

DOLA: Anyone else really thrilled with Lalime's play? I really think having him play 20 or so games this season will help Miller stay fresh for the playoff push in the spring.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #53
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
DOLA: Anyone else really thrilled with Lalime's play? I really think having him play 20 or so games this season will help Miller stay fresh for the playoff push in the spring.

He's solid. He won't set the world on fire or anything, but he's an upgrade over T-bone. I think it helps that the defense is better as well.

As for center, I think they'll be alright. Hecht is out for two or three weeks, and Paul Gaustad will return in the same time, I think. I have no idea when Connolly will be back.

I don't know much about Ellis. I guess he's a hard-working, steady player.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #54
MacroGuru
Coordinator

One thing, they dont do reservations so we need to show up, when we hit a group of five they will seat us. What time was it we were to meet again
Old 10-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #55
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
One thing, they dont do reservations so we need to show up, when we hit a group of five they will seat us. What time was it we were to meet again

I don't know if we have an "exact" time. I'll arrive around 7 or so, if that works.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #56
RendeR
Coordinator

We can shoot for 6:30-7:00 give everyone a timeframe to get there.

Methinks I'm just going to phone in sick I hate listening to my supervisor whine at me about asking for time of
Old 10-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #57
RendeR
Coordinator

Hi Telle =)
Old 10-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #58
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Man, this will be another one I miss out on. My wife is just about to give birth to our first child so I have a feeling we'll be a tad busy over the next few weeks.

Hopefully another time, maybe at a future Sabres game. Have fun guys and gals!
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #59
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
Man, this will be another one I miss out on. My wife is just about to give birth to our first child so I have a feeling we'll be a tad busy over the next few weeks.

Hopefully another time, maybe at a future Sabres game. Have fun guys and gals!

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make. I guess you have a good excuse. Congrats on the upcoming baby.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #60
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make. I guess you have a good excuse. Congrats on the upcoming baby.

Be prepared for me to start the drinking big time there...stress at work = killing me.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #61
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Be prepared for me to start the drinking big time there...stress at work = killing me.

I'm guessing the wife will be the DD?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #62
Galaxy
Coordinator

Chubby,

Will you be able to make it around that time (7-8)?

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-17-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #63
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm guessing the wife will be the DD?

Either that or I stumble the 10 or 15 blocks home...LOL
Old 10-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #64
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby,

Will you be able to make it around that time (7-8)?

Yeah, it will probably be closer to 8 but even if I stay until 4 (time I'm scheduled but I can book it early if it's slow) I should still have time to go home and grab stuff if I forgot it (change of clothes, wallet, whatever) and make it by gametime. 2.5 hours from the house and it's usually a little less if there's no traffic on the thruway. If everything runs smooth I should be there closer to 7
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #65
QuikSand
lolzcat

Not really about your get-together, but this seemed like the place for a regional recommendation. Very nice restaurant Schimschack's with a fabulous view not too far from either Buffalo or Niagara Falls:

http://www.schimschacks.com

Just had their Sunday (until 5:30) family special... soup, salad, dinner with sides, dessert, and coffee for $13.95. Mine was good enough I would have been very pleased had I paid $40-50 for it. (Their regular menu prices are maybe $16-28 for dinner entrees)

I'd highly recommend it... the food is very good, the service is good, the view is gorgeous, and they's good people. Give it a try sometime.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #66
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Either that or I stumble the 10 or 15 blocks home...LOL

That would be quite an interesting challenge.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #67
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
That would be quite an interesting challenge.

yeah, well, the Mrs forgot to request the night off, so if we are still there past 10 oclock she will pay us a visit, but it also means I do have a DD if I do get to bad...LOL..

Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting everyone...
Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #68
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
yeah, well, the Mrs forgot to request the night off, so if we are still there past 10 oclock she will pay us a visit, but it also means I do have a DD if I do get to bad...LOL..

Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting everyone...

Hopefully she can stop by after. I'm guessing the game will go until at least 10:30/11 (starts at 8). Hopefully the power doesn't go out at the arena in Minnesota.

BTW, cool blog on your Facebook account.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-20-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #69
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW, cool blog on your Facebook account.

The buffalothomas one?
Old 10-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #70
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
The buffalothomas one?

That would be the one.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-20-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #71
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
That would be the one.

Thanks,

yeah, it's a way for the family (mainly me) to share thoughts with everyone I know not in Buffalo, it was a big move for us and the folks back in utah really wanted to see pics and information on what we were doing.

Thought I would provide...LOL.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #72
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks,

yeah, it's a way for the family (mainly me) to share thoughts with everyone I know not in Buffalo, it was a big move for us and the folks back in utah really wanted to see pics and information on what we were doing.

Thought I would provide...LOL.

I actually live pretty close (one of the entrances is right down the road from my house) to Letchworth State Park. A beautiful place. I've heard the Glen Iris Inn's Restaurant is an outstanding (and pretty romantic).

If you wanted to do a family weekend trip next summer, take a drive across the border to Toronto (2 hours). Fifth largest city in North America and a ton to do. A fun city that is a lot of fun.

Ontario Place, the Toronto Zoo (It's one the largest in the world, I believe), the Hockey Hall of Fame, Royal Ontario Museum, Ontario Science Center, the wide variety of sport teams, restaurants (I believe that Toronto is one of the most diverse cities in the world), and a ton of other stuff.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-20-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #73
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
I actually live pretty close (one of the entrances is right down the road from my house) to Letchworth State Park. A beautiful place. I've heard the Glen Iris Inn's Restaurant is an outstanding (and pretty romantic).

If you wanted to do a family weekend trip next summer, take a drive across the border to Toronto (2 hours). Fifth largest city in North America and a ton to do. A fun city that is a lot of fun.

Ontario Place, the Toronto Zoo (It's one the largest in the world, I believe), the Hockey Hall of Fame, Royal Ontario Museum, Ontario Science Center, the wide variety of sport teams, restaurants (I believe that Toronto is one of the most diverse cities in the world), and a ton of other stuff.

Yeah, I have spent some time in Toronto and a lot of time in Ottowa with past jobs. We as a family love Zoos and Toronto's is on our list.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #74
Galaxy
Coordinator

Looking forward to tomorrow. It hasn't been the best week.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-22-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:18 AM   #75
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Looking forward to tomorrow. It hasn't been the best week.

Me too...I will explain it all tomorrow while trying valiantly to drown it...
Old 10-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #76
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Me too...I will explain it all tomorrow while trying valiantly to drown it...

Sorry to hear. I just haven't had much luck with my job search/interviews.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #77
RendeR
Coordinator

What do you do/want to do Galaxy?

Not sure I can offer any help but having other people poking around for you too can;t hurt?

I'll plan on downing a few shots to move myself along. I could use a god bender myself. Telle got to enjoy the last couple nights out so she can make sure I get home in one pice this time
Old 10-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #78
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Craaaaaaaaap now I'm getting stuck doing inevntory prep tomorrow night too so I won't be able to make it. I would much rather be drinking than doing stupid work shit that I really don't want to do
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #79
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Craaaaaaaaap now I'm getting stuck doing inevntory prep tomorrow night too so I won't be able to make it. I would much rather be drinking than doing stupid work shit that I really don't want to do

Do what I do, call in sick
Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #80
Galaxy
Coordinator

Sorry to hear Chubby.

Just to note, I do have a speech clarity issue. So don't be afraid to ask me to repeat something.

Hopefully the Sabres-Wild game will be a good one.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #81
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry to hear Chubby.

Just to note, I do have a speech clarity issue. So don't be afraid to ask me to repeat something.

Hopefully the Sabres-Wild game will be a good one.

I like Rivet he is definitely bring the attitude kind of guy, it's sad he is out for a few weeks..
Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 PM   #82
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I like Rivet he is definitely bring the attitude kind of guy, it's sad he is out for a few weeks..

Just when we need his physical, gritty leadership when we got physical teams coming up in Colorado and Ottawa (our arch-rivals).
Old 10-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #83
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Just when we need his physical, gritty leadership when we got physical teams coming up in Colorado and Ottawa (our arch-rivals).

Funny story, I had a contract with Corel and my liaison at Corel had dated one of the former Sens players and he had recently been traded to the Lightning, well while I was there for the couple of weeks she took me to several home games and out to meet the players who were all cool. So I don't have that deep hatred for them but then again I am just an infant as far as being a fan of the Sabres...
Old 10-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #84
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Funny story, I had a contract with Corel and my liaison at Corel had dated one of the former Sens players and he had recently been traded to the Lightning, well while I was there for the couple of weeks she took me to several home games and out to meet the players who were all cool. So I don't have that deep hatred for them but then again I am just an infant as far as being a fan of the Sabres...

Nice.

The brawl from the 2006-2007 season sort of took the rivalry up a notch. However, it's always been a rather physical rivalry. I think now that we a little more gritty, it'll be fun to watch (even though Rivet and Goose will be gone for this first game on Monday).

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-23-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #85
MacroGuru
Coordinator

On my way home, I will be hitting the place about 6:45 ish
Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #86
RendeR
Coordinator

Telle just got home, we're getting around and will head out in about 15 minutes. Should put us there a bit before 7.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #87
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Great meeting with everyone!

Awesome game and the Sabres won!

Render, remember loud is good....and Telle as if you didn't need me to tell you this, you have your hands full.

Galaxy drive safe my man......

Oh, and that Spaten Oktoberfest was a damn good beer.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 10-23-2008 at 10:16 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:53 AM   #88
JeeberD
General Manager

Mmmmmm...Spaten.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #89
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Great meeting with everyone!

Awesome game and the Sabres won!

Render, remember loud is good....and Telle as if you didn't need me to tell you this, you have your hands full.

Galaxy drive safe my man......

Oh, and that Spaten Oktoberfest was a damn good beer.

Wait SHE has HER hands full? =) Was I really that loud? nevermind, I think I know the answer to that one..... Screw it, its nice to cut loose once in a while =)

Was a really great time, fun place to watch the game and WHAT A GAME, wooohoooo! Hopefully we can make this a regular thing and get more folks involved!!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #90
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Wait SHE has HER hands full? =) Was I really that loud? nevermind, I think I know the answer to that one..... Screw it, its nice to cut loose once in a while =)

Was a really great time, fun place to watch the game and WHAT A GAME, wooohoooo! Hopefully we can make this a regular thing and get more folks involved!!

Definitely! I had a blast and when I am home I am definitely game for it (I can't drink on the road with the company)
Old 10-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #91
Galaxy
Coordinator

Hey folks. Just got home (stayed at my friends house next to the Galleria the last two nights).

I had a blast. How can you have a better hockey game, new friends (I even picked up a pretty sweet new Sabres cap yesterday at Lids) and pretty sweet bar/restaurant (great find, Dennis)? If you need more money to cover the check, just let me know. I know it was a pretty big bill. Too bad I had to drive back. I could of had more (though your sour and vodka looked pretty good, or a a glass of Bailey's sounds good).

It was loud (I'm sure RendeR and Telle had a hard time hearing me across the table), but still awesome. Hopefully the wife and the remainder of the gang can make it. Keep us updated on the job situation. It would stink if you had to move back to Utah (I mean, I don't think your wife would find friends and night outs like she has here. ). Sounds like your family and you have grown to love the area.

My goal in the next few weeks to try to find a full-time position in the Buffalo area. Looking forward to a gritty, physical Colorado game tonight.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-25-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #92
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey folks. Just got home (stayed with at my friends house next to the Galleria the last two nights).

I had a blast. How can you have a better hockey game, new friends (I even picked up a pretty sweet new Sabres cap yesterday at Lids) and pretty sweet bar/restaurant (great find, Dennis)? If you need more money to cover the check, just let me know. I know it was a pretty big bill. Too bad I had to drive back. I could of had more (though your sour and vodka looked pretty good, or a a glass of Bailey's sounds good).

It was loud (I'm sure RendeR and Telle had a hard time hearing me across the table), but still awesome. Hopefully the wife and the remainder of the gang can make it. Keep us updated on the job situation. It would stink if you had to move back to Utah (I mean, I don't think your wife would find friends and night outs like she has here. ). Sounds like your family and you have grown to love the area.

My goal in the next few weeks to try to find a full-time position in the Buffalo area. Looking forward to a gritty, physical Colorado game tonight.
'

The job situation is all good, I found out they have guys living in Mexico and the Dominican Republic so it would still be cheaper to fly me from here than those guys and if they make me fly out of SLC I will fly myself in the night before and crash at families, we are not moving from Buffalo.

Again, I definitely had a blast and when I get back I am thinking of hitting that place again for away games.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #93
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
'

The job situation is all good, I found out they have guys living in Mexico and the Dominican Republic so it would still be cheaper to fly me from here than those guys and if they make me fly out of SLC I will fly myself in the night before and crash at families, we are not moving from Buffalo.

Again, I definitely had a blast and when I get back I am thinking of hitting that place again for away games.

I figured Buffalo with be cheaper with the low-fare airlines here, and SLC being a hub city for Delta (as hubs are usually more expensive to fly out of).

Edited: Kind of rambled on my post from earlier, so forgive the grammatical mistakes in that post.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-25-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #94
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
What do you do/want to do Galaxy?

Not sure I can offer any help but having other people poking around for you too can;t hurt?

I'll plan on downing a few shots to move myself along. I could use a god bender myself. Telle got to enjoy the last couple nights out so she can make sure I get home in one pice this time

Sorry I missed this post earlier.

My is interest in hospitality/tourism industry, but I'm open to any business-related position. I can e-mail you more info on my background and my resume if you wish. I plan on sending out more cover letters/resumes by Wednesday.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-27-2008 at 05:21 PM.