Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: What Server and What Side should the FOFC Guild be?
Iron Rock - Order Side 6 60.00%
Iron Rock - Destruction Side 0 0%
Volkmar - Order (already have a guy to create it) 1 10.00%
Another Server - Order 2 20.00%
Another Server - Destruction 0 0%
I have a L33 Trout in my rectum 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Warhammer Online Guild Page - (Polls)

Ok, since about nine people have asked if we're doing a FOFC guild on Iron Rock, I'm willing to do it if there's interest, it will take me time to level up a guy, but it depends on the server and the side we play.

I'm starting this thread, so I can figure out what we need to create, and where.

I have a L22 Ironbreaker that can form the guild on Volkmar, so I'll list that as an option

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I started a a Shadow Warrior (Order -High Elf) on Iron Rock but he's only at level 5 so I could start a new character on another server if needed.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

i thought we already have a guild on ironrock?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
Lonnie
High School Varsity

The main problem is that this MMO is just too easy to play casually. Several guys have joined my guild on Iron Rock, but I hardly see them. It's very easy to drop in for 30min-hour and get some good RvR at any level, so that takes out the hanging carrot that makes people invest so much time in other MMOs.

I had several other friends in the guild, but some of them have lost interest or have gotten busy, so there are only two or three (out of 25 or so) people on at night when I play. I have actually been thinking of joining one of the larger guilds just so I have more people to play with. I don't know if nine of us from FOFC can actually maintain a decent guild. I think we have to be a subculture of a larger guild. my 2c.

So I have a 30 Ironbreaker and a 24 Witchhunter which makes it a pain for me to have to switch at this time.

The current guild we have on Iron Rock is "Righteous Order." It's almost level 9. Anyone is free to join, and maybe we start some recruitment to build the numbers, but my second option is to join another guild like Iron Phoenix with has a 100+ membership.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
Schmidty
Coordinator

I have pretty much stopped playing. Leveling is so slow, it's frustrating. I might play again in the future, but I just can't keep interested in it right now.

I renewed WoW to play with my wife, and in anticipation of the expansion.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
Rich1033
High School Varsity

To go further on Lonnie's thought, I dont see any point in creating a FOFC guild. Nine people arent going to be able to do much, especially when they all have different ways they like to play. Just find a large guild on the same server and join that. Add the FOFC contingent to your friends list and presto, same thing but much more effective. Then the people who play a decent amount arent held back by the people who hardly hop on. Plus people will almost always have someone to join up with.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I have pretty much stopped playing. Leveling is so slow, it's frustrating.

First time I've heard that. You have to remember the level cap is 40, so at current WOW caps, a level 20 ~ a level 35. It takes me a lot longer to get to 35 in WOW than 20 in WAR.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #8
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
First time I've heard that. You have to remember the level cap is 40, so at current WOW caps, a level 20 ~ a level 35. It takes me a lot longer to get to 35 in WOW than 20 in WAR.

Really? I buzz right through to 40 in WoW. Maybe it's because I've done it so many times, and all of the addons and such speed it up even further.

I'm not much of a PvPer, so that probably affected things too.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:55 PM   #9
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I had posted about it above too, not about quitting of course, but that this game *feels* much slower and feels to me like much more of a grind than any game since Everquest. My /played to 40 is going to be a lot lower than my /played to 60 in WOW... but, it feels like a TON longer. I've had a few of my friends mention the same thing. I think its because most leveling in WAR is done in a very disjointed fashion, you do a PQ for awhile, or you do a scenario for a short burst of XP then you're done... there's really nothing that is good for XP where you get in a group and crawl through a dungeon, or anything that resembles standard, consistent, flowing leveling.

That's not to say that you can't level fast, PQ grinding is very fast, but the way it cycles... it just feels disjointed and slower than it really is to me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:52 AM   #10
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I don't think PQs are very good at leveling at all. The only reason I would do PQs is for the loot. If you rapid fire through the chapter quests and then the rvr quests and move to the next chapter, I believe you level very fast. I just don't think people are used to this, or haven't figured out the formula.

Up to rank 10 you can stick to your pairing and the chapter quests will keep you up to the correct level.

After 10, divide your rank by 2 and go do those chapters in each pairing. So at level 20, find the Chapter 10 areas and just crank out the quests. They are all usually a short distance away and bring in a ton of xp.

Once you hit 20 you can start doing Mount Gunbad dungeon if you want a change of pace.

Also you get a lot more xp when doing quests/mobs of your level or higher.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:33 AM   #11
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't think PQs are very good at leveling at all. The only reason I would do PQs is for the loot. If you rapid fire through the chapter quests and then the rvr quests and move to the next chapter, I believe you level very fast. I just don't think people are used to this, or haven't figured out the formula.

They're not particularly good solo, or at least, no better than anything else, but get a tank and a good AE class and you can kill 7-9 mobs at a time, at least starting in the low teens up through 40. Get a healer/AE'er/tank and you cna probalby complete most PQ's, all stages, getting the bonus XP for completing each stage plus the fact that you can AE down huge numbers of mobs b/c there are so many in PQ areas. At 35 or so, myself(Bright Wizard), a swordmaster, and a runepriest could kill 15-17 mobs our level at once, if we could find a PQ that had that many mobs that we could pull at once(there aren't many, usually you settle for 8-10 or less if there are lots of casters, etc, you want to find PQ's with a high concentration of melee mobs).

A buddy of mine was killing ~10-12 mobs at a time using an ironbreaker/engineer combo yesterday, so bright wizard level DPS is definitely not required for this. Adding a healer so you can 3 man, or 4 man all stages of PQ's to completion is probably 2x as good xp/hr as anything else i've found in the game.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #12
Lonnie
High School Varsity

They recently announced a character transfer system will be available soon. So we may be able to switch servers if needed now.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #13
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Yea, a lot of ways to level in this game. Like has been said, I have found that just joining in on a PQ isnt going to level you up very quickly. Dont be afraid to drop quests, just keep moving along and do the things that are right around you. Also, I leveled almost exclusively from 16-21 on scenarios. The temple one pops up about every 30 seconds and I can almost always grab 7k-12k xp in about 7 minutes.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote