Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
Anthony
Banned

Storypedia

i'm bored today, so let's see where this goes. i'm going to start the line of a story, and everyone else will add to the story by posting. i had a picture in my head and i want to see how the story ends (or began). there are no limits except: 1. no goofy posts. save the comedy for another thread. 2. you must read all the posts before you post your part to the story so that the story has a normal pace and path. 3. no dolaposting/repeated posts. you can add as much as you like but you have to have at least on post between your first and next addition to the story. 4.) if someone posts as you're writing your addition, just delete your post and repost after so that the story follows a logical train of thought and path and alter yours if the previous post is a complete contradition to what you added - the previous post takes precedence over yours and you need to follow what's already been laid out before you.

that is all. just make this entertaining. take this in any direction you want. in time the story will dictate to us what it's title should be.

i'll start.

Last edited by Anthony : 10-15-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
Anthony
Banned

West is sitting under a tree, on a hill overlooking a valley devastated by The War, and as the wind interrupts his thoughts he arises. He knows now what must be done.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Spider-Man
n00b

Sighing, he reaches into his pocket.

"Still there," he whispers to himself as he descends the hill.
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Though part of him wants to delay reaching the valley, he quickly loses himself in thought and instinctively falls into a brisk military walking pace.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 10-15-2008 at 12:55 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

As dusk starts to settle, he notices some flashes of light in the distance, followed by rumbles which remind him of mortar attacks.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
Celeval
Pro Starter

The fallen leaves of the tree blow past his feet, and he stops a moment to consider. Was it autumn, or did the leaves fall during the aftermath of the final attack? Shaking his head, he continues. Not that it matters, but West hadn't known the actual date in years... perhaps longer.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Anthony
Banned

As he reaches the foot of the hill he spots a lone trooper - dark, drooling - poking around the rubble of what once were cottages and approaches him, being sure to make enough noise as to draw the other's attention. The trooper notices one still alive coming his way. Bearing his teeth the trooper's mouth is filthy with blood still warm and red. Blood gurgles in his throat as he growls. West continues his approach. "This will hurt you," he announces, although the trooper is too far gone by that point to understand, "a lot more than it will hurt me". With that, West's hands begin to glow.

Last edited by Anthony : 10-15-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

As the glow steadily increased its intensity another trooper came into view, drawn by the feeding sounds of his cohort. With a voice showing only the slightest strain of his exertion, West greeted the newcomer, "Welcome to the party Mister Murphy, unfortunately your table is no longer available."
Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #9
Anthony
Banned

Laughing, coming ever closer, the hulking figure known only as "Mr. Murphy" - at least around these parts - blurts out a cryptic statement that gave West pause. "You fool, this is only the beginning." With that, West raises his pulsating hands, and points them in the direction of both targets. "For you both, this is the end". ZZZARK. The feeling of release from his core through his arm and to the tips of his clenched fists was unbelievable. The power that coursed through his veins ever increasing. In the end, two stacks of smoldering uniforms laid on the floor where once two dark attackers stood.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

"Nobodies" West thinks aloud. He knows his journey will be long and hard. He knows what must be done. "It has started," West says to the wind, almost as if he expects it to answer back. He checks his pocket one more time and he disappears into darkness of what was once a village he had known well.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

West reaches the abandoned and dusty well in the Village center, the full moon providing enough light to let others see him in the open square. He does not try to remain quiet. If there are friends or enemies here, they can come to him in the open. He takes a seat on the side of the well and scans the buildings around the square--looking for shadows. Hoping he isn't alone.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Out from behind one of the building pops a frail older gentleman. West cannot see his face because it is hidden in the shadows. The old man says "West, I have what you are looking for. Follow me."

The old man struggles to walk back towards an alley between two war torn buildings. West hesitantly rises from the well and contemplates his next move.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
Spider-Man
n00b

"You know me not, Old One. The man who was named West is no more," says the younger.

The man turns and peers into the younger man's face. Their eyes lock for a long moment. Then two.

"No. You just wish you were dead, West. Come with me. We haven't much time."

The old man turns and walks with surprising speed towards the alley.

Last edited by Spider-Man : 10-16-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #14
DanGarion
Coordinator

As West follows him to the alley, shivers run down his spine as he comes to the realization that the old man is not just any old man, it's West himself!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #15
thealmighty
Pro Starter

The End

Damn, that was fun!!
Old 10-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #16
mrsimperless
College Prospect

"The end, huh? I don't give a crap WHO you are."

West's eyes snap towards the old man almost as fast as the barrel of his sidearm flies up to point at the wrinkled face. A look of shock crosses the grizzled features of the "Old One" followed by a single crack that echoes through the alleyway.

The old man pauses as if thinking, then astonishingly begins to smirk. His voice spills out in a gurgled moan spraying blood that dances with the moon.

"Don't you know?" he croaks. "No one goes on.... after the... the end..." His voice trails off as his now lifeless body falls in a crumpled heap to the ground.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 10-16-2008 at 06:55 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote