Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #51
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Y'know, Danny Ford is only 61 years old. He could come back & coach for at least another 20 years if he wanted to pull a Paterno.

Danny would have Clemson on the NCAA death penalty within two years of his return.

Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #52
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Y'know, Danny Ford is only 61 years old. He could come back & coach for at least another 20 years if he wanted to pull a Paterno.

Shut up....you dont know how many fans I have heard say this same thing today....get over it.

BTW it is my understanding that Clemson has $40MM set aside for the next 5 years for the RIGHT candidate...whomever that may be.

TDP has made one head coach signing and Oliver Purnell hasn't done too poorly with the BBall team
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #53
MJ4H
Coordinator

I think the game has passed Danny Ford by a little bit based on what I saw when he was at Arkansas. He certainly repaired a lot of the damage to the program done in the early 90s, but people eventually lost patience with him. I think Clemson can do better than rehiring Danny Ford.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Shut up....you dont know how many fans I have heard say this same thing today....get over it.

Actually, I was mostly shocked to realize that he wasn't older than that.
I dunno, just seemed to me like he should be older.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #55
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

YouTube - Clemson Fan Crying Over Bowden

Haha.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #56
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
Too late...RichRod flew in tonight.

You're joking, but a plane flew from Ann Arbor to Oconee Regional (Clemson's airport) this morning.

FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > N4092R
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #57
MJ4H
Coordinator

Ah the good old days of flight tracking during a coach search.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #58
Butter
Coordinator

If Rodriguez were really doing that to Michigan mid-season (flying to other potential jobs during a preparation week), he would need to be fired right now anyway.

As it is, I would hope Clemson would not be interested, considering all that happened in the wake of his move from WVU to Michigan.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #59
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
If Rodriguez were really doing that to Michigan mid-season (flying to other potential jobs during a preparation week), he would need to be fired right now anyway.

As it is, I would hope Clemson would not be interested, considering all that happened in the wake of his move from WVU to Michigan.

His agent is a Clemson grad and makes no bones about the fact that Rodriguez is a product (and should be treated as such) to him.

I don't think Rod would leave Michigan for Clemson, but I wouldn't put it past his agent to put out feelers to see if some leverage could be had. After reading his agent's testimony during the Rod-WVU divorce, there isn't much I would put past him.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #60
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

Only problem is that unfortunately, there will be that portion of the fan base that clings to Danny Ford for whatever reason. There was an opinion piece in the Charlotte Observer a couple of days ago that said he should come back. I had to read the whole thing through in order to realize the columnist was actually serious. I have no idea of what his allegiance to Clemson is, but the notion in and of itself is laughable. I do honestly believe now that Danny Ford could be a dead-and-buried corpse and some portion of the Clemson fanbase would fire whatever coach was in charge and try desperately to re-animate Ford and give him the job back.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #61
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
No word on the status of either Nesbitt or Jaybo Shaw for Saturday.

Josh and Jaybo have practiced the first part of this week and Paul Johnson declared both of them 100% in his mid-week press conference.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote