Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Has anyone seen that Jack in the Box commercial?

Where there are 2 grown men in strollers crying like babies?

What marketing genius thought that was a good idea? All it does is make me want to change the channel.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:08 AM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

Usually I really like JitB commercials, but that one is horrid...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
Passacaglia
Coordinator

i haven't seen it, but Jack in the Box sounds really good right about now..
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Where there are 2 grown men in strollers crying like babies?

What marketing genius thought that was a good idea? All it does is make me want to change the channel.

Not sure if they had Jack in the Box where you lived previously.. but probably in the top 5 list of things I missed the least when I moved from Dallas was Jack in the Box commercials. I haven't even seen one for almost a decade, but I have to assume they are still among the worst things ever aired on television (and that says alot).

not that I am a big fan of their food either, but their commercials were always horrendous.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
Lorena
Unregistered

If they were on The Apprentice, they'd be fired.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yep, seems like the same ole jack in the box commercials!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #8
Lorena
Unregistered

Yeah, the marketing dept. should be fired, that commercial is awful.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yep, seems like the same ole jack in the box commercials!

Actually, JitB commercials have been pretty well done in recent years, from what I can recall. I think bubble-head Jack has largely been a marketing hit, and their commercials, which aim for humor, are usually on the mark.

All that said, yeah, this commercial is just Gawd awful. Whoever was doing the commercials before must be on vacation.

Worst fast food commercials? Carl's Jr. They consistently pick the worst possible way to advertise themselves, like the make a mess on yourself with their burgers campaign, or the redneck shaking the cow for milkshakes campaign. Just awful.

Oddly enough, though, outside of their commercials, I consider Carl's to be at or near the top with respect to relative quality in the fast food industry. Those in the East, Carl's Jr. is run by the same people as Hardee's (never been there, can't compare).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Oddly enough, though, outside of their commercials, I consider Carl's to be at or near the top with respect to relative quality in the fast food industry. Those in the East, Carl's Jr. is run by the same people as Hardee's (never been there, can't compare).

Hardee's was/is by far the worst crap anyone could ever get from a fast food place, and that's saying a lot. I remember Carl's Jr from my California days and they were great. When we finally got them here, they took over all of the Hardee's which was about the most shameful thing they could do, esp. for the number of ex-Californians here.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #11
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Actually, JitB commercials have been pretty well done in recent years, from what I can recall. I think bubble-head Jack has largely been a marketing hit, and their commercials, which aim for humor, are usually on the mark.

All that said, yeah, this commercial is just Gawd awful. Whoever was doing the commercials before must be on vacation.

Worst fast food commercials? Carl's Jr. They consistently pick the worst possible way to advertise themselves, like the make a mess on yourself with their burgers campaign, or the redneck shaking the cow for milkshakes campaign. Just awful.

THey might be owned by the same people, but Hardees and Carl's Jr aren't anything comparable. Hardees actually makes McDonalds look good and that is saying alot in my opinion. I am by no means a health nut, but on my very short list of places I won't possibly eat include Hardees.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #12
Tigercat
College Starter

Hardees thickburgers are awesome though. If you can find a decently run* Hardees to make it they are just a hair below Five Guys for the best fast food hamburger in my book.

*The problem is, finding a decently run Hardees can be impossible. Worst employees in the business.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #13
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I have heard the same thing, that Hardee's is pretty awful. I wonder why that is. Perhaps they're just run by different arms of the same company, and Hardee's is allowed to stay that way because it still generates a ton of revenue.

But Carl's, by comparison, has good food, and generally has good ideas on new products, they bring the food to your table, their restaurants are almost always clean and look a lot nicer than most fast food dining rooms, and I have even seen a few Carl's now with TV's set up, usually tuned to sports.

IMO, it's head and shoulders over pretty much every other fast food restaurant around here except for In 'n Out, which is hard to top as always.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #14
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
In 'n Out

Been meaning to say this for a while but my son and I went to our first In 'n Out last year (near the SFSU campus) and it was pretty bad. The patty was overcooked and not much taste and the fries were bland. It was popular, though, so maybe it's the perception since everyone apparently loves it.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #15
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Been meaning to say this for a while but my son and I went to our first In 'n Out last year (near the SFSU campus) and it was pretty bad. The patty was overcooked and not much taste and the fries were bland. It was popular, though, so maybe it's the perception since everyone apparently loves it.

You're just anti everything.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #16
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Just speaking honestly about my one experience with them. Maybe they were too busy or just not a well-run one.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #17
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just speaking honestly about my one experience with them. Maybe they were too busy or just not a well-run one.

No, I am just joshing ya. I actually like Carl's more than In 'n Out, because I, too, think In 'n Out sometimes half asses it on its food (although their fries are usually excellent for me, so that surprised me about your experience). But when In 'n Out gets it right, they're tough to beat.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #18
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

Quote:

That location isn't well run. Been there a few times, it's pretty meh. Then again, I'm not a huge In N Out guy, at least not compared to my friends who seem to be gaga over it.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #19
SackAttack
Head Coach

No Jack in Green Bay, at least that I've seen. On the other hand, Arby's on every corner out here. Been years since I've had easy access to one of those.

No In 'N Out or Tommy's, though. That makes me sad.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #20
Groundhog
Coordinator

If any of ya'll come to Sydney, make sure you eat at an Oporto burger shop.

I'm convinced that the Otropo burger is the single nicest fast food burger ever invented:

Oporto - Otropo Burger

The burgers also generally don't look so different from the ones in the picture. I'm glad I no longer live just up the street from Oporto - moving away has done wonders for my cholesterol levels.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #21
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

+1

I couldn't change the channel fast enough when one of those f'n commercials would come on. Oh ya.. make alot of noise when you eat and have ketchup drip out on to you. That's appetizing.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote