Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #1
WSR
Mascot

Question re: Ticketmaster/Paypal Mess

I purchased four tickets from Ticketmaster for Saturday's Dodgers/Cubs game. I then sold them to two different parties on Ebay. I sent the first set of tickets overnight air to the first party without a problem. I then sent the second set to the second party. However, he was not able to access his P.O. Box because of the Miramar Air Show in San Diego. (It's more involved than that, but that is the upshot.)

The second party e-mailed me and asked if I could call Ticketmaster, have his tickets issued electronically, then to e-mail them to them. Being a nice guy (or maybe a sucker) I called Ticketmaster, explained the situation, then the dumb$hit representative proceeded to cancel all four paper tickets and e-mailed them to me.

Now, the first party has worthless tickets and the second party is hopeful that this can be resolved. Since the tickets were delivered via an encrypted PDF file, I cannot simply extract the pages and created two separate files that can be sent to each party.

So, I'm wondering if I can print them out, scan them in, then forward them to the two parties for them to print on use on gameday? I presume this won't work due to privacy measures that Ticketmaster has implemented, but I thought I would ask you here if you believe this would work.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

WSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wsr - there are programs you can use to unencrypt pdf files out there on the internet. i'd assume that could probably solve the problem?

i don't have one at home, but i purchased one at the office and installed it - if you can't find a freeware one that works i could help you out
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
spleen1015
Coordinator

Karma dude.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
WSR
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
wsr - there are programs you can use to unencrypt pdf files out there on the internet. i'd assume that could probably solve the problem?

i don't have one at home, but i purchased one at the office and installed it - if you can't find a freeware one that works i could help you out

It should solve the problem. However, could you tell me which program you used?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Karma dude.

+1
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Interesting. I assumed every MLB team used the same system as the Washington Nationals. You can easily transfer tickets electronically with it; although, maybe that is only for season ticket holders.

Good luck!

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #7
DanGarion
Coordinator

Should have just went to the game... Be a real fan.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
WSR
Mascot

Thanks for the help guys.

For those with the Karma Dude/Be a Real Fan posts: I am going to the game with another group of friends, which is how I ended with the extra tickets I sold. Thanks for the input though. It was very helpful . . .
Old 10-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

The 2nd buyer that didn't have access to his P.O Box is a dumbass. I hate those buyers that know certains things beforehand, but neglect to tell you until after you ship it or afterwards. "I just bought this item from you. Its Thursday and I need it by Friday morning for my daughter's birthday... could you overnight it for $1 to me in Antartica??? MMMM'Kay? Thanks!"
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote