Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2008, 01:18 AM   #51
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Fuck Dallas and Cinci, but anyways Shanahan is a fargin trash collecting motherfucker too and nobody calls him out on it.

Shanafag is never as bad as cinci or as good as dalas, so he gets ignored for not reaching an extreme....

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 AM   #52
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

With Colt McCoy being Texas' biggest rushing threat this year, Mack Brown is trying to see if Cedric has any eligibility left.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #53
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How the hell were Benson, Williams and Ronnie Brown all top 5-7 picks in that one draft? Did they run over people in college, and I just missed it?

Hell, that whole 2005 draft is looking more and more fucked, just a collasal amount of busts in the top 10 alone.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:36 AM   #54
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
How the hell were Benson, Williams and Ronnie Brown all top 5-7 picks in that one draft? Did they run over people in college, and I just missed it?

Hell, that whole 2005 draft is looking more and more fucked, just a collasal amount of busts in the top 10 alone.

Dont know if I would call Ronnie and Cadillac busts yet. I dont think we can judge them untill they run a full season without spending large amounts of time injured. They are close though. Cedric on the other hand.......

2005 draft had some decent players

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 10-02-2008 at 05:42 AM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #55
Butter
Coordinator

The Bengals are not going to go 0-16, but 3-13 is almost a likelihood at this point.

The defense is good and young right now, and I think is going to be middle of the pack this season and could grow to a top-10 type defense if Zimmer gets to stay and teach, which is not likely considering Marvin is in his final season, if he even makes it all the way through. As he recently said in a press conference, he's not even worried about losing his job... which I took to mean that even he doesn't care any more.

They are going to have to start drafting the O-Line again, and as much as I hate to say it, TJ AND Chad both need to go. They both have horrible attitudes, it's just that Chad gets all the press.

Thomkal, Simpson is not playing because he is 5th on the depth chart right now. I think his time will come though, he seemed like he could play in the preseason.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #56
Butter
Coordinator

Dola

The positive attitude about the defense should not be altered by the fact that Dallas is going to hang 45 on them this weekend. It's a learning process.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:54 AM   #57
Thomkal
Head Coach

thanks for the updates on Simpson, hopefully he gets a chance to play this season
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #58
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Dola

The positive attitude about the defense should not be altered by the fact that Dallas is going to hang 45 on them this weekend. It's a learning process.

I agree with this whole heartedly. The defense really is improved and as Butter says, very young. If Zimmer can get this type of improvement this fast I think he could build a great D in a year or two.

My biggest fear is that Brown will fuck it up by firing Marvin and promoting Zimmer, thereby destroying the defensive growth.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #59
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I agree with this whole heartedly. The defense really is improved and as Butter says, very young. If Zimmer can get this type of improvement this fast I think he could build a great D in a year or two.

My biggest fear is that Brown will fuck it up by firing Marvin and promoting Zimmer, thereby destroying the defensive growth.

Agreed......I can see it coming a mile away and when it happens, it'll go badly. Bratkowski can be fired whenever. His offense is so insanely predictable. Marvin can go right after that. I'd love to see Cowher come to Cincy after this season. Would LOVE it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote