Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Computer help

Lately, I've been having some computer/internet issues. When I go to a site, it's much slower than usual and clicking links, there's a 3-5 second delay before it actually shows it as being clicked. The same goes for typing sometimes, I typed computer help and it took about 5 seconds before it showed up. Also whenever I try to search for something in google, I click the link, it opens up a new window and goes to some spam search site, and the other window is still on google. Now in my proccesses menu, it shows something called IEXPLORER.EXE, but I use firefox and if I open up internet explorer, a second IEXPLORER.EXE shows up. I've run ad-aware and nothing shows up and when I try to update the definitions, it says it can't connect to the server. I tried to download spybot s&d, but when I try to install it, it also says that it can't connect to the internet and that I should check my connection.

I've also tried a system restore, but when I get to the page where I click next to start it,it just acts like I never clicked the next button and sticks there. Ideas?

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

I'd try running an online virus scan and see if that can't bypass your issues (Trend Micro HouseCall is a good one and also checks for some other things). It should also avoid being screwed around with by anything that is already infecting your computer.

Another thing you can try is alot of products (including spybot s&d) allow you to download their definition and product updates manually and then update that way.

Running in safe mode is also an option to try to work around anything preventing your system from doing things.

Also make sure you're always up to date on all your windows updates, that can be a biggy on preventing these issues from happening in the first place.

Last edited by Deattribution : 09-26-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I ran an anti-virus and it found some stuff, which it took care of. But it didn't fix the problem. I'm tryin to get to the Trend Micro HouseCall, but it's not loading for me.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

You need to also check for spyware.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
I ran an anti-virus and it found some stuff, which it took care of. But it didn't fix the problem. I'm tryin to get to the Trend Micro HouseCall, but it's not loading for me.

That's odd, and did you have any luck running the spybot s&d?

Even without it fully updated, odds are whatever you have is already in their definition database unless it's something brand new.

I'd download ccleaner, let it clean out all your temp folders (incase anything is hiding in there, and it'll help being alerted about some tracking cookie instead of the real problem). There is also a registry cleaner (it's pretty basic but it can help), see if you can run the spybot but also give the trend micro another try after wiping your temp folders.

If none of those want to participate, another program you could try is A-squared a-squared Free You may want to run all of these scans in safe mode (F8 right before the windows logo, the online one may not work in SM though) once you get the stuff downloaded.

Last edited by Deattribution : 09-26-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The two best free anti spyware/malware programs:

malwarebytes.org
superantispyware.com

Run both of those and see if that takes care of it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote