Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Sexual Assault Scandal and Coverup at University of Iowa..

Wow. If even a quarter of this is true, I think we have finally replaced Colorado as the scummiest incident ever. Michgan fans, this could have been following your new coach around, ya dodged a bullet

We have a case of rape by two Iowa football players that was not only hushed up, but one of the athletes then moved in with his girlfriend.. who lived three doors down from the victim!!!!

If any of this is true, not only the coach needs to go, and the AD needs to go, I think the president of the University of Iowa needs to go as well, for stonewalling the family trying to get this info.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/200...-case-at/#cont

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
John Galt
Pro Starter

I'm hoping the allegations aren't true.

The blog (not the letter) seems like a bit of a hatchet job. It is perfectly normal to bring in the General Counsel's office in a sexual assault case involving an athlete - there is nothing suspicious about it. I also wouldn't expect any of the people she told the story to to instruct the victim to see a "victim advocate."

Otherwise, if even half the stuff in the letter is true, I will be gravely disappointed in Iowa. I think some of the problems speak to the problem at colleges and universities across the country of utilizing university police to investigate sexual assaults. However, that is no excuse.

Last edited by John Galt : 07-21-2008 at 10:24 PM.
John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
dacman
College Benchwarmer

There's been a ton of smoke around the Iowa FB program for a couple of years now -- including something like 24 arrests in the last 14-15 months. I gotta believe there's a fire or two. (This would be a full-on 5-alarm confligration, however)
Old 07-21-2008, 11:27 PM   #4
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
I'm hoping the allegations aren't true.

The blog (not the letter) seems like a bit of a hatchet job. It is perfectly normal to bring in the General Counsel's office in a sexual assault case involving an athlete - there is nothing suspicious about it. I also wouldn't expect any of the people she told the story to to instruct the victim to see a "victim advocate."

Otherwise, if even half the stuff in the letter is true, I will be gravely disappointed in Iowa. I think some of the problems speak to the problem at colleges and universities across the country of utilizing university police to investigate sexual assaults. However, that is no excuse.

As I have worked in both Residence Life and in Athletics for a few years now, every College and University has problems in this area, because the syndrome of "its never gonna happen to us" happens when it comes down to implemeting both training and allocation of funding...... its pretty sad to be honest

Last edited by muns : 07-21-2008 at 11:27 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
RainMaker
General Manager

Sometimes things like rape accusations must take a backseat if a team is expected to compete for an illustrious birth in the Champs Sports Bowl.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The scummiest thing ever wasn't Colorado, to my mind, it was one of the schools in Alabama or Louisiana and the 16 year old prodigy from home who was living on campus over summer and the entire team took turns with her, if I remember correctly. It was one of the lesser schools, like Birmingham or Lafayette.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-22-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #7
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
The scummiest thing ever wasn't Colorado, to my mind, it was one of the schools in Alabama or Louisiana and the 16 year old prodigy from home who was living on campus over summer and the entire team took turns with her, if I remember correctly. It was one of the lesser schools, like Birmingham or Lafayette.

Try again..Baylor has this beat.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
tarcone
Coordinator

I think University officials get in way over their heads when this stuff happens. I believe they think they can lie and coerce their way out of it.

Its time for Ferentz to leave. 31 wins in that 3 year stretch wont protect him anymore. Time to go back to the obscurity as an OLine coach in the NFL.

Any good MAC coaches available?
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post

It's a shame there are so many good candidates to argue over.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #10
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

UAB

Chick must have been a strong 16 year old....they said she pulled a train...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Here's an update:

ESPN - Iowa fires two officials faulted for response to alleged assault - College Football
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #12
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post

I was going to go with Baylor as well...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote