Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sack Leader up for grabs! Osi Umenyiora done for the year

The ability of the New York Giants to defend their Super Bowl title took a major hit on Saturday night.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Umenyiora suffered a torn MCL, and will miss the entire season.

So now with Merirman and Osi out for the season, I'd assume Mario Williams better look both ways before crossing the street.

Tough blow for Osi though, he's one of my favorites.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Strahan's cell is blowing up.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Strahan's cell is blowing up.
Don't be silly. He's retired, he can't play anymore.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

Damn. The team doctors said there wasn't any ligament damage after the game. Oops.

Perhaps it's time for the Giants to end the Kiwanuka and LB experiment and get him back to DE. Or maybe Tollefson steps up this year.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

this ruins my day, I will be wearing my Osi jersey opening day in tribute.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
JS19
College Prospect

give Strahan his 8M
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Apparently there's some discussion about a trade for the Bears' Ogunleye. I think that Chicago wants a 1st rounder but is not likely to get it.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #8
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
So now with Merirman and Osi out for the season, I'd assume Mario Williams better look both ways before crossing the street.

Do you think Merriman is going to actually going to sit out the season?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #9
Anthony
Banned

if i were Strahan i'd just stay retired. you walked away a champion on your own terms - there are maybe a couple handfuls of NFL legends who can make that claim. the only thing that lies ahead is heartbreak or injury. it'd be great for the Giants and us Giants fans, trust me, but let the audience's last memory of you be you walking off into the sunset instead of being carted off into the sunset. i think he'll come back - his ex-wife took a huge chunk of his money in their divorce, but i don't think he should come back (for his sake).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:45 PM   #10
SFL Cat
College Starter

If Strahan gets a nice pay day out of the Jints, no way he stays retired.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
if i were Strahan i'd just stay retired. you walked away a champion on your own terms - there are maybe a couple handfuls of NFL legends who can make that claim. the only thing that lies ahead is heartbreak or injury. it'd be great for the Giants and us Giants fans, trust me, but let the audience's last memory of you be you walking off into the sunset instead of being carted off into the sunset. i think he'll come back - his ex-wife took a huge chunk of his money in their divorce, but i don't think he should come back (for his sake).

I pretty much agree with this, but the thing with this situation is he is being begged to come back, so no matter what happens his reputation wont take a hit.

Last edited by Lathum : 08-26-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:49 AM   #12
Anthony
Banned

no one will remember he was begged to come back. they will just remember (if he has an off-year) "he shoulda stayed retired" or "man, he went to the well too many times and then he got injured for the year in week 2". last year was an obvious attempt to avoid preseason. i think it was obvious he was working out the entire time preparing for his eventual return. this time i think he was in "i'm gonna be a commentator for FOX" mode and i don't think he was exactly putting himself through the ringer to stay in game shape. he was on vacation in Greece when Osi went down, as far from the playing field as you can get both mentally and physically. trust me - i want him back as he's the key to attempting another Super Bowl run.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #13
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
no one will remember he was begged to come back. they will just remember (if he has an off-year) "he shoulda stayed retired" or "man, he went to the well too many times and then he got injured for the year in week 2". last year was an obvious attempt to avoid preseason. i think it was obvious he was working out the entire time preparing for his eventual return. this time i think he was in "i'm gonna be a commentator for FOX" mode and i don't think he was exactly putting himself through the ringer to stay in game shape. he was on vacation in Greece when Osi went down, as far from the playing field as you can get both mentally and physically. trust me - i want him back as he's the key to attempting another Super Bowl run.

well thats the New York fan for ya.

The same people who will kill him if he comes back and has a shit year are the ones who will say we would have won again if he came back.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #14
sabotai
General Manager

Strahan has said he will not return.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote