Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
samifan24
Pro Starter

2008/09 EPL Season

Wow, what an exciting match in the Blackburn vs. Everton game. Blackburn wins it at the very end of stoppage time. Moyes was missing six regulars and started 17 year old Jack Rodwell and later substituted 16 year old Jose Baxer, the youngest player ever to play for Everton. I think the Toffees will be pretty active before the close of the transfer window. What do you guys think?

samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I think Spurs need to just let us have Berbatov. Holding out for £30m is ridiculous but supposedly they'll finally land Alexi Arshavin after which Berbatov will finally be allowed to leave. I think he'll complement Ronaldo, Rooney, and Tevez pretty well.

And yeah Everton better get some more depth or they might have trouble getting a UEFA Cup spot next season.

Last edited by Big Fo : 08-16-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I think Spurs need to just let us have Berbatov. Holding out for £30m is ridiculous but supposedly they'll finally land Alexi Arshavin after which Berbatov will finally be allowed to leave.

I was under the impression that Spurs would have to sell Berbatov first in order to have enough money to purchase Ashavin.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I guess it works both ways, they want to use the Berbatov money on Arshavin, but don't want to let him go until his replacement has been secured.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I think Spurs need to just let us have Berbatov.

Alex Ferguson frequents FOFC? Who knew?
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
samifan24
Pro Starter

I can't believe that Fulham beat Arsenal today. Apparently it was only the 2nd time in something like 43 years that Fulham beat Arsenal. Meanwhile, Tottenham looked pretty lackluster without Berbatov. Could he play for Man U on Monday? What an amazing start to the season!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
PraetorianX
High School JV

Spurs definately need to just let Berbs leave. Apparently he was supposed to start against Sunderland, but decided that he was 'not in the right frame of mind', or at least thats what he told Ramos/Poyet.

Sad, as if he were to stay (and want to stay, I mean) I think they'd be exceptional, especially once they get settled.

And I don't think Spurs necessarily need to sell Berbs to get Arshavin (or whomever else) as A.) Spurs are a VERY wealthy club, and B.) If they sell Berbs they're gonna need two new strikers, instead of just one.

But yeah, Spurs have been disappointing so far...the whole Berbatov saga is really screwing them up, imho. And Ramos has made some iffy decisions in team selection imho.

However, if they sign a class CB, and good replacements for Keane/Berbatov, and once Hutton gets fit again (as Zokora is horrible CM (his natural position) I don't know why Ramos thinks he can play RB...I think he may even be worse at RB, shockingly.) and once the many new players get settled in, I think Spurs will be a good team.

The question will be in waiting for all that, will they dig themselves too big of a whole?
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote