Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Since I've been spamming SI related posts, how about one more - EHM - want a new one.

I really would love to see another version of EHM. I really think if they stick with it, like they did their soccer franchise it will continue to grow. The first CM's got bad reviews and didn't sell that great, but they stuck with it.

EHM was a great game and was only going to get better.

If I was SI - which i'm not. But, if I was---- I would scrap all the licensing deals they had last time. That just adds to the cost of making the game. I would self publish it in a download only format with companies like Steam, Elicense, gamersgate etc... Again, this will keep the costs down and allow for bigger margins.

I really think it would catch on, but they need to keep at it.

Bring back EHM!

Last edited by astrosfan64 : 08-22-2008 at 03:34 PM.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I think the problem is Sega. I don't think it's accidental that after Sega bought SI both EHM and OOTP stopped being SI games.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
duff88
College Prospect

I think the biggest problem may have been marketting. I understand the game is developped in Britain, but there's no excuse to letting anyone in Canada know about the game without intensively searching for this kind of game. I have personally never met anyone who had heard of the game.
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think the problem was that they took a really good freeware hockey manager game and made it into CM with NHL teams. I'd love to pay for an EHM done more like the old one.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I would love to see a new EHM. I liked EHM 2005 much more than EHM 2007 though. The latter one reeked of Too Many improvements that were not, at least in my opinion, improvements.

Oh yeah, and Sega sucks. What EHM needs is someone like FOFC or Grey Dog to develop and release it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
samifan24
Pro Starter

It would be awesome if they created a new EHM but I doubt it will ever happen and most assuredly not by SI if it did.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
astrosfan64
College Prospect

I don't think the game is totally dead. I think riz posted about it a while ago on the si games forums.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
bhlloy
Coordinator

The SI versions of EHM did scouting and player development better than any other sports sim ever IMO. I think Riz will put out another version sometime in the future, hopefully combining the best parts of the freeware and the SI versions of the game...

Now you mention it... EHM and Grey Dog makes so much sense I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. (hint hint)

Last edited by bhlloy : 08-22-2008 at 08:47 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #9
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Doesn't Riz still work for SI? It would be tough to leave that good job to chase the EHM dream.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #10
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Doesn't Riz still work for SI? It would be tough to leave that good job to chase the EHM dream.
Yeah, I've been thinking this same thing since the beginning of the thread. Riz is working on FM now (unless something has changed in the past few months). I don't think he's going to be jumping back into EHM anytime soon.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #11
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

They are hung up on "licensing" and such. They don't want to release a game that isn't directly tied into real professional sports leagues.

I want to have a solid hockey simulator that would allow me to construct leagues and universes myself (ala OOTP). Build an engine that will allow me to create my own leagues, with their own rules (within reasonable limits, of course), and own player eligibility rules, etc.

I would love to see the "sports management game" genre, in general, aim more for making rock solid engines with customization capabilities that let the community-at-large come up with league/team/player data.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #12
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
They are hung up on "licensing" and such. They don't want to release a game that isn't directly tied into real professional sports leagues.

I want to have a solid hockey simulator that would allow me to construct leagues and universes myself (ala OOTP). Build an engine that will allow me to create my own leagues, with their own rules (within reasonable limits, of course), and own player eligibility rules, etc.

I would love to see the "sports management game" genre, in general, aim more for making rock solid engines with customization capabilities that let the community-at-large come up with league/team/player data.

agreed