Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
tarcone
Coordinator

Going to Buy a Fridge

Been fighting with my GE fridge the last couple weeks. The freezer wont stay cold. First noticed ice wasnt frozen when it hit the ice bucket in the freezer. Turned it colder and it would get warmer then cool down. Had a repair guys come and he said it was the condenser. The condensers now have only a 1 year warranty while they used to have 2 or 5 year warranties. Mine lasted 22 months.
So its off to find a fridge.

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

We bought a side by side refrigerator about a year and a half ago. A Whirlpool, we needed to have the ice maker replaced. Other than that, no problems. We will never get a side by side again though. Takes away a ton of freezer space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
We bought a side by side refrigerator about a year and a half ago. A Whirlpool, we needed to have the ice maker replaced. Other than that, no problems. We will never get a side by side again though. Takes away a ton of freezer space.

Care to elaborate on this part? We are also about to look for a new fridge and it seems just about the only darn things they make these days are these side by side ones.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Care to elaborate on this part? We are also about to look for a new fridge and it seems just about the only darn things they make these days are these side by side ones.

We have a side by side with an ice maker/water filtration device. Unfortunately, it is on the same side as the freezer and we lose a lot of space because of it. Example: we can never fit frozen pizzas in the freezer because of the ice maker getting in the way and because of the shelves. The side by side does not offer enough horizontal space for larger items.

I would recommend you look at refrigerators with a bottom freezer, or buy a separate freezer for your garage/basement for larger items. That is what we are going to do when we get another house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
Flasch186
Coordinator

you may also want to see if the builders around have any excess Appliance inventory theyre looking to get rid of for cheap. When negotiating for a home sometimes a buyer will say I need appliance "X" to buy it and the builder will do it and be sitting on the "old" unused brand new fridge. Just call up a builder and ask for the Construction dept. and pose the request.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
clemsonfan
High School JV

We got a new fridge a couple of months ago. We got a display model from Lowe's. It had a couple of small scratches on the side of it, so it was way cheaper than buying a regular one.
clemsonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There's a pretty big friends and family sale at sears a week from Sunday if you can hold out. All the kenmore stuff is moere than 20 off of retail. Most of the stuff is made by whirlpool a brand which I highly recommend. French door ones are made by lg.

I'd suggest a french door type fridge for the most space. Generally they are more expensive but worth it. There are some better designed ice makers these days that don't take up the whole freezers
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan View Post
We got a new fridge a couple of months ago. We got a display model from Lowe's. It had a couple of small scratches on the side of it, so it was way cheaper than buying a regular one.

That is how we got our new oven/stove a few months back, it was a display model. It was marked down by $150 or so because of that, and we asked for an extra $50 to be cut off and they agreed. This was at Home Depot.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Generally its 20 percent plus another ten percent off. Usually the best day to get a kenmore branded product. I don't have details in front of me for this one. If you're looking around I'd stop in and ask about it at least. Its when the people I work with buy all their stuff
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #10
JeeberD
General Manager

Sears Outlet is awesome. Got a very nice Kenmore Elite fridge for nearly half price because of a few inconspicuous dents and scratches.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote