Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: What should be the new name/city of the Comets?
Chicago Bruins 0 0%
Colorado Bruins (haha..competition for Chief!) 0 0%
Quad Cities Thunderstorms 4 66.67%
New York Comets 0 0%
Other (tell me!) 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Vote on the Comets future

The Chicago Comets have been the worst team in FOOL almost since the inception of the league. Now that the team owners have sold their entire interest to DC Sports, Inc., I'm on my first ownership job! After running teams as a GM for 9 years in FOOL, I think I know what it takes to own a team.

First things first, we gotta refurbish the brand. The name Chicago Comets is synonymous with futility. Fans hear Comets and roll their eyes.

We don't HAVE to leave Chicago, but in some ways, it might be a better move. It just depends though. A few cities have expressed interest, just given the increased profile of FOOL since the league got started compared to now. I need some help deciding on where to go. I might decide preemptively, but...I'm gonna put this out there and see what the peanut gallery thinks.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I actually think teams have been moving around too much. it is getting tough to figure out who was whom.. I think a bigger story would be if you were the guy who came in and turned around their lovable losers to a contending team. You could be bigger in that town than Harry Caray!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
muns
Pro Starter

I actually liked the Pelicans and think they should have a team in the Majors. After you moved outta there, I almost asked to move there, Just a neat sounding name, that fit. But thats my 2 cents. Your the hero bringing a team, back to a great city and fan base that you loved

Last edited by muns : 08-05-2008 at 08:47 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I actually think teams have been moving around too much. it is getting tough to figure out who was whom.. I think a bigger story would be if you were the guy who came in and turned around their lovable losers to a contending team. You could be bigger in that town than Harry Caray!

R.I.P. Gary Blue Collars.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
muns
Pro Starter

Also dont like NY or Colorado just cause I would hate to have another guy in the same city as me.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I went with Quad City, but the JBL talk gave my an idea...

The Tokyo Yakuza!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Point well taken though, Alan. I think we have our core franchises and then a few teams have moved around, but I think that's just endemic to sorta how things go to start off. My mental rule of thumb isn't to let teams that have won titles move. Charleston I moved because the name was kinda silly and because it's Ben's team in another league. Compton well...c'mon.

Columbus because the rivalry with Ann Arbor actually makes sense and I think Turner plans to be around a while.

I think short of that, we've been pretty good about moves for the most part and the moves we've made have made sense, IMHO.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Also dont like NY or Colorado just cause I would hate to have another guy in the same city as me.

And besides, I have locked up all the TV region from Vegas in the West, Phoenix-Albuquerque to the South, Butte to the North, and Kansas City to the East. It's all mine.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 08-05-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I actually liked the Pelicans and think they should have a team in the Majors. After you moved outta there, I almost asked to move there, Just a neat sounding name, that fit. But thats my 2 cents. Your the hero bringing a team, back to a great city and fan base that you loved

I gave them a VL team.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
And besides, I have locked up all the TV region from Vegas in the West, Phoenix-Albuquerque to the South, Butte to the North, and Kansas City to the East. It's all mine.

That's because I haven't come there to take it all away.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

My problem is..I tend to base my team choices on how cool I can make the uniforms look.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's what I did earlier when messing around with a potential Bruins jersey:

Here's the T-Storms look:

Old 08-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #13
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
My problem is..I tend to base my team choices on how cool I can make the uniforms look.

HA HA, at least your honest about it If it was between the 2, i like the Quad City name more,but I like Chicago's uni's better

Last edited by muns : 08-05-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Thanks. I decided what I was gonna do in the midst of the file, so I made the change and now I'm ready...I'll adopt those colors from the Bruins and make them our alternative jersey.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-05-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #15
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I voted other BTW. Sorry I am late to the party but SuperLiga Finals called me to watch.

I thing you should have gone with the Green Bay Bretts.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Tampa Bay, you mean?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #17
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

That would work. Our Hattiesburg, MS.