Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Why is this happening?

Ok so when i first took the compton team over last night i was 15m over the cap. I loaded up another league and then when i came back to load compton i am now 20m over the cap. Last night i log off and today i am 26m over the cap. All this happened after i download the update to. What gives?

JimmyOOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

If you go to the Advanced Info portion of the front office you will see an Active Roster Portion that is what the Salary Cap is against. As for your question I would assume that it because of the trade last night.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
If you go to the Advanced Info portion of the front office you will see an Active Roster Portion that is what the Salary Cap is against. As for your question I would assume that it because of the trade last night.

No i was 15m over after the trade. it seems i jumped up 5m twice after the trade and file was downloaded.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Compton's active roster is at $73 million. I'm guessing lots of arbitration deals made the salary jump. I simmed to the start of FA, meaning arbitration, plus that trade jumped you to where you are at $82 million in game.

I had a deal in the works that would've solved that problem, but I dunno if it's still in the works with you being over there. But I'd explore it.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Ok wait, my bad on it jumping twice, My teams salary was 80m after i downloaded the update, But i can't figure why its at 86m now without any updates.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Yeah i made a deal to shave off 25m but it seems now im gonna be over by 500k or so, sucks cause i thought i was gonna have a few million to play with.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

In my game file, I show you as having roughly 82.1mil in salary would would make you roughly a bit over $17mil over the cap. If yours shows different, how much salary do you have currently and what does your salary report look like? For me your salary report looks as:

Joe Morris$14.7m$14.7m$14.7m$16.7m$16.7m

Ogai Yamazaki$10.5m$20.5m$8.4m(A)$8.4m(A)

Ben Harris$8.3m$8.3m$8.3m$8.3m

Aaron Dailey$7.6m

Bob Halpin$6.1m$6.4m$6.8m$7.1m$7.4m

Pete McKeane$5.6m

Carlos Acevedo$4.2m$190k$3.4m(A)$3.4m(A)

Ray Howe$4.1m$7.1m

Takamasa Ishibashi$4.0m$4.0m$1.6m(A)$1.6m(A)

Tom Williams$3.6m$3.6m$3.6m

Steven Davis$2.9m$2.9m$5.0m

Mel Brooks$2.8m$2.8m(A)$2.8m(A)

Henry McKinney$1.6m$1.9m(A)$1.9m(A)

Edgar Hoskins$1.6m$1.5m(A)$1.5m(A)

José Baraja$1.5m$190k$190k$1.2m(A)$1.2m(A)

Joe Parks$1.3m$1.3m$190k$190k$1.1m(A)$1.1m(A)

Francisco Padilla$480k$480k$472k(A)$472k(A)

Carlos Medina$342k$274k(A)

António Aguirre$190k$190k$749k(A)$749k(A)

Larry Hobbs$190k$190k$2.6m(A)$2.6m(A)

Elliott Richard$190k$190k$1.3m(A)$1.3m(A)

Thomas Spurrell$190k$190k$190k$570k(A)$570k(A)

Bill Woods$190k$190k$957k(A)$957k(A)

TOTAL$82.2m$77.1m$64.4m$53.3m$27.0m$1.1m

The only thing I can think of is after you downloaded the updated league file, you have been trying to move around people or make room under the salary cap, but instead caused it to go higher?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Btw it showing me at 85.9m payroll
Old 08-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If you promoted players, that's why it's higher in your game. In mine, it's at $82.2 million right now. I've not been opposed to releasing guys to get under the cap in the past, the cap situation over there is tenuous, but...the price of creating a winner with a 5th year club sometimes requires creativity.

You'll be okay. You have until Friday night to get under the cap and no one is gonna willingly let you just sit there over the cap. You might just have to give up players for less than you'd want to otherwise. Or release guys outright. You can do that, so long as you have the cash to pay the remainder of their contract.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-05-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Im gonna re load the file and update it again and see. cause in the main budget window it shows player salarys at 85.9 but then in salary report it shows 82.2m.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #11
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Or should i only be concerned with the salary report and not worry about the player salaries in the main budget window?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOOTP View Post
Im gonna re load the file and update it again and see. cause in the main budget window it shows player salarys at 85.9 but then in salary report it shows 82.2m.

My game shows $82,171,000

We go by the number generated by the League Financial Report. That's what we use to calculate it, not the salary report or anything else. Just the main leaue report.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-05-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #13
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOOTP View Post

Just an FYI looking at your team you have 21 of 40 players on your roster. If you brought up players from the minors to fill out a 40 man roster that will add 3-4 million to the 82.2 million total.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #14
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Quote:
Just an FYI looking at your team you have 21 of 40 players on your roster. If you brought up players from the minors to fill out a 40 man roster that will add 3-4 million to the 82.2 million total.

Yup im a dumb dumb lol. I just noticed this as you posted it.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #15
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey, DC, I am curious about Yamazaki's contract. How did you get that one past your owner? His contracts jumps from 10 to $20M next year?

Whenever I try a contract increase, I am always limited to under a certain percentage, it seems (not sure what it is, but it isn't 100% like Yamazaki's got), and my owner won't allow me to offer a deal that isn't "properly structured." You didn't get that message when you put that one together?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hey, DC, I am curious about Yamazaki's contract. How did you get that one past your owner? His contracts jumps from 10 to $20M next year?

Whenever I try a contract increase, I am always limited to under a certain percentage, it seems (not sure what it is, but it isn't 100% like Yamazaki's got), and my owner won't allow me to offer a deal that isn't "properly structured." You didn't get that message when you put that one together?

The deal is a 2-year deal worth $20 million plus incentives, with a $20 million option for 1971. I dunno if the game read the option differently or what. I've done all sorts of structured deals, but I usually just go until the game lets me do it for being structured right.

I did the deal the same way you all do yours, there is no way around it, as it's an OOTP coded thing.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

In short contracts, you can in some cases offer up to double in the second year I know. (If you go 1 dollar past double, the owner will turn you down). I don't recall on three year or longer deals though how it scales out. I just know on two year deals I have offered something like 10mil for year 1 and 20mil for year 2 before.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The deal is a 2-year deal worth $20 million plus incentives, with a $20 million option for 1971. I dunno if the game read the option differently or what. I've done all sorts of structured deals, but I usually just go until the game lets me do it for being structured right.

I did the deal the same way you all do yours, there is no way around it, as it's an OOTP coded thing.

It isn't the option. I don't believe the team option convinces your owner to let you go further. I know from experience that you can offer double salary the next year in some cases. In this player's case it was 10.5 -> 20.5 which is under double.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
In short contracts, you can in some cases offer up to double in the second year I know. (If you go 1 dollar past double, the owner will turn you down). I don't recall on three year or longer deals though how it scales out. I just know on two year deals I have offered something like 10mil for year 1 and 20mil for year 2 before.

yy. That makes sense that it allows it for shorter deals. And again, that third year was an option year, so I dunno how that plays out. I dunno what I did, all I know is that 1) I wanted him and 2) it worked. So I did it. Surely I didn't really wanna pay him that. But once I didn't get Prado, I had to change my approach, including signing a bunch of washed up young VL pitchers that I ended up releasing out right to get them off my cap, just to make sure they really had no talent.

I'd never recommend that methodology.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #20
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
It isn't the option. I don't believe the team option convinces your owner to let you go further. I know from experience that you can offer double salary the next year in some cases. In this player's case it was 10.5 -> 20.5 which is under double.

Oh okay.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #21
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Correct with my playing around with the game the restriction with all contracts it appears is:
  1. The contract can't put you over the cap
  2. The minimum yearly salary must be greater than or equal to 1/2 of the largest yearly salary including option years.
  3. I also believe but am not as certain on this but that the contract may not place you over the cap in any year in the future.

Last edited by Commo_Soldier : 08-05-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Correct with my playing around with the game the restriction with all contracts it appears is:
  1. The contract can't put you over the cap
  2. The minimum yearly salary must be greater than 1/2 of the largest yearly salary.
  3. I also believe but am not as certain on this but that the contract may not place you over the cap in any year in the future.

#3 is true, I can confirm that.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #23
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, that's interesting. It never seemed like there was that much leeway.

I know I have played around with it the other way, with cash up front (mostly for multi-year deals to prospects).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #24
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
#3 is true, I can confirm that.

Me three
muns is offline   Reply With Quote