Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Ping: Bucc

Have you played Gary Grigsby's War Between the States? If so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States PC game review » Armchair General Magazine - We Put YOU in Command!

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

I was going to ask about this game a few days ago. I'd like to hear thoughts on the game, too.

There's also the one AGEOD made I think a year ago that I was wondering about as well.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

The AGEOD game is great imo. It took a fair amount of time to get the hang of, but once I did I was really hooked. I really enjoyed planning out the resources I needed for the coming campaign, and organizing them. It's a game heavily based on organization though. You spend a good majority of your time forming divisions and mixing things around. This was the main thing that took me a while to get the hang of, but it's pretty addictive when you figure it out.

I had no idea Grigsby's game was out yet. I'm curious to hear opinions if anyone has tried it.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #4
scooter
High School Varsity

I've got the AGEOD game as well, but I haven't been able to get over the learing curve roadblock. I've run through the tutorial a couple times, but I can't seem to find a scenario to start with. I'd like something that let's me play with the economics and reinforcements etc., but I'm not sure I want to tackle one of the big scenarios. Do you have any suggestions?

As far as the Gary Grigsby game, I've been interested in that one too. If anyone has any impressions, I'd love to hear them. Have they put out a demo for that one?
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

AGEOD is great once you get through the learning curve. Just fight through it. I know I still have more I could learn to play it even better. Absolutely awesome. I've had hours and hours of intense action with it, and would have paid twice as much. Plus the support and the community is great.

That said - I'm a sucker for Civil War games, so I'll have to check out GG's game.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

scooter - just play a big campaign but don't play to win, just play to learn, and ignore 1/2 of the country if that makes it easier to get a grip on.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:22 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm - just looking at that review I can't see what it'd offer that AGEOD's game doesn't...but if there was a demo i'd check it out.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #8
scooter
High School Varsity

Thanks DT. I guess I'll give that a try. I think I started a western theater only game a couple times, but I kind of like to win
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

don't look at it as losing. Look at it as your time at West Point.