Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

question for WoW players

ok i have no idea where to get this info but from an active WOW account and i know there are (were) some players here. Have there been any new realms opened in the last month or so?

im getting the itch to play again but hate playing on old servers, i like everything new. but i dont know how to find out if there are and new realms without opening up an account, but i dont want to open an account if all they have are the same year old realms available.

so if anyone still has an account with them can they look at the realm list and see if any are new? thanks in advance

bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
spleen1015
Coordinator

Looks like there were 3 realms started this month....

US Realm Stats - WarcraftRealms.com
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
spleen1015
Coordinator

Before you go creating an account, I would wait to have someone verify in game that those realms are in fact online. The only reason I say that is because I don't see forums for those realms on the official forums. It may be nothing, but I would hate for you to create an account and those 3 realms not be there.

In fact, those might be the beta realms.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 07-30-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
spleen1015
Coordinator

Shit. bullet, I hope you haven't gone off to play because I'm pretty sure those 3 07/08 realms are beta realms.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

its ok, theres a good realm thats a few months old that im on. im a PvE player and its loaded yet still lowbie enough
Old 07-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
its ok, theres a good realm thats a few months old that im on. im a PvE player and its loaded yet still lowbie enough

Okay cool. I was worried that my quick search screwed you. I hope you enjoy the game! What type of character did you start?
Old 07-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Just curious why you like new realms. I have only ever been on 2 or 3 and not sure how old they are. Am I missing something by not being on a new server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Just curious why you like new realms. I have only ever been on 2 or 3 and not sure how old they are. Am I missing something by not being on a new server?

I think it is all a matter of how you play. I am an end-game raider, so I think an active, highly populated server is better for me. The economy is mature and you can get what you need off of the AH.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #10
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I think it is all a matter of how you play. I am an end-game raider, so I think an active, highly populated server is better for me. The economy is mature and you can get what you need off of the AH.

I guess an advantage of a new realm would be things like the gates in Silithus being closed still, being the first to down some BC bosses, etc.....?

Quote:
Old 07-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #11
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess an advantage of a new realm would be things like the gates in Silithus being closed still, being the first to down some BC bosses, etc.....?

I'm not really sure. I have always looked for realms like I mentioned above because of what I want to get out of the game. There was a time where there were tons of folks on the official forums always asking for new realms because they wanted to roll on one. I have never understood the draw.

Active, highly populated realms provide with more folks to run instances with, more raiding guild options, more available on the AH, etc. That is what I prefer.

When I started playing WoW, it was to play with SirFozzie and the folks that joined his guild after the BC release. The server we played on was one of the new ones started with the BC release. It was also an RP realm. I left the game for about 2 months and when I came back the server was pretty much dead. I couldn't find anyone to do anything. So, I join the server with the highest Alliance population at the time, Zul'jin. It was great. Even leveling up I had no problems finding groups for dungeons.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 07-30-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I have been playing for about a year and a half. I hear what you are saying about the population thing. I usually play later at night and the cities are dead because all the kiddies are in bed . Anyway, I am on the Durotan server, if any of you ever get bored look me up. I go by the same name (warlock - Romagoth) and run a small guild.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #13
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i like new realms cause im not really an end game player. and i hate inflated prices in the Ah. also new realms mean more players in the 20-40 area.

ooh and i started a priest and rogue on the Cairne realm
Old 07-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #14
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not really sure. I have always looked for realms like I mentioned above because of what I want to get out of the game. There was a time where there were tons of folks on the official forums always asking for new realms because they wanted to roll on one. I have never understood the draw.

Active, highly populated realms provide with more folks to run instances with, more raiding guild options, more available on the AH, etc. That is what I prefer.

When I started playing WoW, it was to play with SirFozzie and the folks that joined his guild after the BC release. The server we played on was one of the new ones started with the BC release. It was also an RP realm. I left the game for about 2 months and when I came back the server was pretty much dead. I couldn't find anyone to do anything. So, I join the server with the highest Alliance population at the time, Zul'jin. It was great. Even leveling up I had no problems finding groups for dungeons.

the realm im in is top 5 in population but only 4 months old. best of both worlds
Old 07-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
the realm im in is top 5 in population but only 4 months old. best of both worlds

Yeah. That realm was the target for free transfers when the 2.3 patch came out, I believe. A lot of folks transfered to it.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #16
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

It's strange, I still see Moon Guard pop up from time to time in stories on sites like WowInsider. So I know the server has some things that happen on it, but yeah as the fofc guild broke down there really was nothing going on.

I know I keep thinking about transfering my guys again off Perenolde. The Horde side there has only one or two end game guilds and I'm growing tired of Karazhan
Old 07-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #17
spleen1015
Coordinator

It is interesting to look back to those times now that I am 5/5 MH and 7/9 BT.

It is all SirFozzie's fault for starting that guild!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #18
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Actually, I heard they did start some new FREE servers, that's right, FREE!! You can download Burning Crusade for FREE too, with access to only those free realms. I heard that on one of them you can level uber fast up to level 200 so you can solo a bunch of the raid bosses. I haven't checked it out myself, my toons are on Uldaman, but some guys at work have and said it was pretty cool.
Yes, my name is Carrie and I am a WoW addict. It has been 24 hours since I last played, though I am down to only about an hour every couple weeks or so just to check in with my friends.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:24 AM   #19
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

I play on Ghostlands, its pretty new PvE (feb 08), but has a pretty low population.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #20
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
I heard that on one of them you can level uber fast up to level 200 so you can solo a bunch of the raid bosses.

Ummm....level 200? The level cap right now is 70. Is this some sort of beta test? Not sure how you could level to 200 without being a dev or knowing a dev.....

Quote:
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #21
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Actually, I heard they did start some new FREE servers, that's right, FREE!! You can download Burning Crusade for FREE too, with access to only those free realms. I heard that on one of them you can level uber fast up to level 200 so you can solo a bunch of the raid bosses. I haven't checked it out myself, my toons are on Uldaman, but some guys at work have and said it was pretty cool.
Yes, my name is Carrie and I am a WoW addict. It has been 24 hours since I last played, though I am down to only about an hour every couple weeks or so just to check in with my friends.

Google MaNGOS

It is a open source project to reverse engineer the WOW servers using mySql.
You can change the level caps, exp awards, equipment drops, ect.
It tends to be about a month or so behind in updates from the Blizz servers.

or so I have heard...

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #22
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ummm....level 200? The level cap right now is 70. Is this some sort of beta test? Not sure how you could level to 200 without being a dev or knowing a dev.....

Ya, they're not like typical servers, they're tailor made.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #23
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Ya, they're not like typical servers, they're tailor made.

I wonder what it is like to solo a raid boss.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #24
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I wonder what it is like to solo a raid boss.

You'll need popcorn. A friend of mine used a private server to solo Supremus in BlackTemple. It took 50 minutes to kill him.