Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #51
Captain2711
High School JV

Zambrano has a 1-2-3 first inning culminating with a strikeout of Larry 'Chipper' Jones. Has hell frozen over?

Captain2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #52
Logan
Head Coach

WTF did Zambrano just do?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #53
Captain2711
High School JV

Even when he's on, he still manages to scew the Mets. After a 14-inning marathon Victor takes himself out after retiring the first four, the last 2 on so's.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #54
JS19
College Prospect

This is hilarious, Zambrano just fucks you over every way possible. I think he just thought it was 3rd out and say "fuck it, might as well keep going".

I never thought the day would come when I am hoping he isn't hurt too bad. With Bannister and Maine both out and Lima on his way up, this has bad news written all over it.

Last edited by JS19 : 05-06-2006 at 12:48 PM.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #55
General Mike
Pro Starter

what a tool.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #56
Captain2711
High School JV

And the team totally got fucked. They put Maine on the DL knowing he couldn't pitch Sunday and that Bannister would be back before his next turn in the rotationand they could use the spot for another reliever for today's game. Now with him on the DL, if Lima pitches poorly they have no one to replace him. Assuming Zambrano goes DL, they are screwed in the next five games unless it becomes Lima time at Shea tomoroow.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #57
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

ARGHHH! Fucking Zambrano!

Put Heilman in the rotation, Willie!
Old 05-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #58
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
ARGHHH! Fucking Zambrano!

Put Heilman in the rotation, Willie!

No, no, and no.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #59
General Mike
Pro Starter

Willie Randolph can NOT manage. He is awful. The worst I have ever seen. Totally clueless.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #60
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The game is 6-5 in the 9th... where is Wagner?
Old 05-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #61
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

WOOOOOT!!

METS WIN!
Old 05-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #62
General Mike
Pro Starter

Jorge got lucky.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #63
Captain2711
High School JV

Willie after the game...

"Zambrano just didn't look right to me."

Must have been the 3 strikeouts and retiring all the batters he faced.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #64
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain2711
Willie after the game...

"Zambrano just didn't look right to me."

Must have been the 3 strikeouts and retiring all the batters he faced.

Thats hilarious.

Wagner went 2 innings last night I think, thats why he wasn't in there.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #65
Captain2711
High School JV

Victor Zambrano is OUT for the year. Not only has he made trading Kazmir a complete waste, he has also ended this thread before it got really started. Can't wait for 2007. Thanks for all of it Victor.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #66
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19
Another 2 run bomb to Jones. Why can't this guy just tear an arm ligament and call it a season already, or a career.

Done and done.
Well, season anyway. Tommy John surgery in his future.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #67
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,
Well, this article on ESPN says it's just a tendon injury but still out for the season, but I heard them say on SC this morning that it was ligament damage and he needed TJ surgery. Either way, sounds like he's done for the season, wonder what the injury really is...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #68
miami_fan
Coordinator

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2436519

ESPN.com news services

Victor Zambrano's season was effectively ended on Saturday after he tore his flexor tendon in his right elbow after leaving the Mets' 6-5 win over the Braves.

Zambrano struck out Andruw Jones to record the first out of the second inning and then sprinted off the mound straight through the dugout and into the clubhouse.

"He's out for the year," agent Peter Greenberg told the New York Daily News, after an MRI revealed the news Saturday. "He's down, obviously. He's been pitching with some pain for a while. Now he knows what it is. The doctor told him the ligament is in good shape, which is good news."

Team officials did not elaborate on Zambrano's condition and planned to announce the diagnosis on Sunday along with roster changes. Greenberg said Zambrano will speak with the doctor to schedule surgery and might seek a second opinion.

"He was crying," fellow Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez was reported as saying. "His elbow just blew up like a balloon. You could see it from far away."

Two pitches before striking out Jones, manager Willie Randolph had visited the mound with trainer Ray Ramirez after seeing Zambrano shaking his right arm.

"I wanted to make sure," Randolph said, the Daily News reported. "I looked him in the eye three times and told him I didn't want him to take a chance. He told me he was all right."

Martinez said Zambrano's right elbow has been hurting since the start of the season though Zambrano did not let team officials know of his discomfort.

General Manager Omar Minaya and the Mets' pitching coach, Rick Peterson, said Zambrano never discussed the pain with them.

"It's up to the player to reveal that information to the medical staff," The New York Times reported Minaya as saying.

Zambrano's injury is the latest of the Mets' pitching woes. With starters John Maine, Zambrano and Brian Bannister down the Mets must reshuffle their starting pitching lineup. José Lima was recalled from Norfolk to start against the Braves today.

How much is this injury is the fault of the player and how much is it the fault of the staff? The portion that I highlighted tends to give me two trains of thought. I agree with Minaya when he says that the player has to tell the medical staff he is hurting. But on the other hand, I think that the coaching staff has to notice that something was not right with him and have him checked out. I am not concerned with hammering one side or the other. Injuries happen. It just seems that since baseball tends to be extra protective of pitchers (which may be partly to blame as well), it surprises me that he could have significant pain throughout the season, suffer this injury and the staff not be aware of the pain.
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #69
miami_fan
Coordinator

Remind me not to play badly for any team JS19 roots for. Once he puts the hex on ya......
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #70
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well... can we now say that Zambrano has been more of a waste than Chan Ho-Park? After all, at least Park gives you innings!
Old 05-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #71
General Mike
Pro Starter

Good riddance.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 05-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #72
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Man, this trade looked real questionable at the time, and the subsequent performances of Kazmir and Zambrano are just proving that it wasn't just questionable (from the Mets point of view) but downright idiotic.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:54 AM   #73
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
Man, this trade looked real questionable at the time, and the subsequent performances of Kazmir and Zambrano are just proving that it wasn't just questionable (from the Mets point of view) but downright idiotic.
how does it feel to be the last one to find out?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #74
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
how does it feel to be the last one to find out?
I wasn't, I was just the last one to comment on it. I thought of it again yesterday while seeing Kazmir dominate the Mariners, but as I said, I questioned the wisdom of the trade from the Mets side when it went down.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #75
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
I wasn't, I was just the last one to comment on it. I thought of it again yesterday while seeing Kazmir dominate the Mariners, but as I said, I questioned the wisdom of the trade from the Mets side when it went down.
you need to turn up your sarcasim meter my friend...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:21 AM   #76
JS19
College Prospect

Kazmir allowed four hits and matched a career-high with 11 strikeouts in eight innings, helping the Devil Rays beat Dontrelle Willis and the punchless Marlins 3-0 for the young left-hander's fifth straight win.
At 22, Kazmir is the youngest major league pitcher to win seven games this early in a season since Fernando Valenzuela in 1981.

Terrible, just terrible.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #77
JS19
College Prospect

Well, he wasn't offered a contract, so hopefully this means the end of Victor Zambrano as a NY Met for good.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #78
Captain2711
High School JV

Victor's currently making his debut for the Blue Jays in a 10-2 rout by the Tigers and promptly walks a batter, gives up a triple and walks another.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #79
Travis
Pro Rookie

And now it's 10-9 in the 8th as the Jays storm back.

Back to back extra inning games to start the season for Tor/Det?
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:17 AM   #80
Logan
Head Coach

This thread is much more tolerable -- no, enjoyable -- when Zambrano is sucking for another team.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #81
Captain2711
High School JV

Victor Zambrano has been spotted signing a minor league deal with the New York Yankees.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #82
sony
High School JV

who is victor zambrano?

i only know of carlos zambrano of the cubbies. lol
sony is offline   Reply With Quote