Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #151
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
No, you just pay research fee for the 48 WUs I believe. At least according to my current buildings, they are still planted for this harvest in december

Cool. And did you say that you had to upgrade each farm to level 6 before you could do the product quality upgrade?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #152
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Cool. And did you say that you had to upgrade each farm to level 6 before you could do the product quality upgrade?

you don't so much improve the quality of the plants as of the product themselves, so no, the separate factories don't need to be improved.

As I said before, for a finished product being sold in a shop to be a certain quality (QL) all of its components need to be of at least that QL. Say I'm selling icecream in my cafe, its only component is milk, so I needed to upgrade the QL of both milk AND icecream to 1 for icecream to be sold as a QL1 icecream.

Also something it took me a little while to understand. You should sell any leftover inventory of material produced before your QL went up. I had like 300 units of milk at QL0 in my warehouse and I didn't understand why my icecream was not being presented as QL1 icecream until I saw that in the warehouse, any milk I had was still listed as QL0. Shipped it all out and boom, milk and icecream are now showing at QL1.

FM
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #153
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
No, you just pay research fee for the 48 WUs I believe. At least according to my current buildings, they are still planted for this harvest in december

that is right, production goes on at the original QL until you achieve the QL improvement.

FM
Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #154
Radii
Head Coach

How much are the research fees in addition to the $500,000 maintenance fee for the research facility?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #155
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
How much are the research fees in addition to the $500,000 maintenance fee for the research facility?

Not alot. I think I'm like 536,000 a month or so right now with 1 research facility doing research
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #156
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
you don't so much improve the quality of the plants as of the product themselves, so no, the separate factories don't need to be improved.

As I said before, for a finished product being sold in a shop to be a certain quality (QL) all of its components need to be of at least that QL. Say I'm selling icecream in my cafe, its only component is milk, so I needed to upgrade the QL of both milk AND icecream to 1 for icecream to be sold as a QL1 icecream.

Also something it took me a little while to understand. You should sell any leftover inventory of material produced before your QL went up. I had like 300 units of milk at QL0 in my warehouse and I didn't understand why my icecream was not being presented as QL1 icecream until I saw that in the warehouse, any milk I had was still listed as QL0. Shipped it all out and boom, milk and icecream are now showing at QL1.

FM

This seems a bit confusing, but I think I get it. If I want higher quality tricycles, I don't have to improve the level of my iron ore mines or steel mill, but I do have to increase the quality level of iron ore, steel, and tricycles.

Having building levels, quality levels, and research levels is confusing.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #157
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Yes. It took me forever to figure out that there were 3 different things, much less what each of the 3 did. Also, the fact that you don't use a research building to increase your research level drove me crazy for a bit.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #158
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
This seems a bit confusing, but I think I get it. If I want higher quality tricycles, I don't have to improve the level of my iron ore mines or steel mill, but I do have to increase the quality level of iron ore, steel, and tricycles.

Yup, that's exactly how it goes. The quality level of a product is driven by the quality level of its subcomponents.

Quote:

I saw bulding levels as "productivity bonuses" from the start so it didn't mix me up too much. The research building helping to improve the quality was throwing me for a loop though...

FM
Old 07-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #159
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Not alot. I think I'm like 536,000 a month or so right now with 1 research facility doing research

yup the research fees are 500k plus square of the quality level you are trying to achieve multiplied by 1000. If you are shooting for QL1, it's going to be 501,000. For QL6 like Alan is doing, it's 536,000.

FM
Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #160
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I've started doing quality research, and I hope I can afford it. My Winter and Summer profits are around 800k, but my Spring and Autumn profits are around 200k. I should be OK, but I'll have to make sure I keep enough money in the back to survive the slow months.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #161
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I've started doing quality research, and I hope I can afford it. My Winter and Summer profits are around 800k, but my Spring and Autumn profits are around 200k. I should be OK, but I'll have to make sure I keep enough money in the back to survive the slow months.

wow, big disparity, do you only have one industry?

My mix of toyshops and cafes bring me even revenues all year long... Now with reserach building maintenance, I pull about 150k a month year round.

FM
Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #162
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My mix of toyshops and cafes bring me even revenues all year long... Now with reserach building maintenance, I pull about 150k a month year round.

FM

I bet textiles is one of his industries.. the summer and winter demands are huge for clothing compared to the other months
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #163
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

FM

No, I bought a little bit of everything in the beginning, so I have 2 toy shops, a DIY shop a Household store and a Textile store. The Textile store brings in big money for Summer and Winter clothes while the other stores bring in small amount of money consistently.

I have also been selling resources which brings in decent money, but it is inconsistent.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #164
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I bet textiles is one of his industries.. the summer and winter demands are huge for clothing compared to the other months

Bingo. I also just added work clothes to the mix since it was a cheap addition, but I don't see that bringing in major profits either. I'll find out in about 3 minutes.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #165
Radii
Head Coach

I demolished everything that doesn't directly lead to stocking my textile stores. I ended up going overboard on cotton and make way more than I need now, so I sell a little of that. I'm not running perfectly efficiently yet, I make too much wool, too much cotton, too much fabrics, etc, so I have some extras to sell here and there, but I'm trying to get it where I'm just making the steady profit from my stores instead of relying on the market to make money.

With two textiles stores I'm currently making about $1.1 million in profits in the summer and about $400,000 in the winter. Its working nicely and I have some major excess cash now, but I don't really see much of a way to grow past this. Supplying these two stores takes almost all my buildings. I could certainly change some things... cut out the sheep farms and buy it on the market instead, things like that, but I'm not really sure what I want to do next to try to make another jump in profits.

For now I've started a research lab and am researching Oil up to QL6, so getting quality improvements will be big for the next few weeks, but I don't really have a plan to try to go from $1 million/mo to $2 million/mo right now.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #166
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Textiles has some big money items at low RL levels, but it takes a lot of buildings to properly supply those stores. Market goods are also expensive enough to eat away all of your profits if you buy the goods there. I'm staring to wonder if it might make sense to stick with other products supplied from the market.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #167
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Textiles has some big money items at low RL levels, but it takes a lot of buildings to properly supply those stores. Market goods are also expensive enough to eat away all of your profits if you buy the goods there. I'm staring to wonder if it might make sense to stick with other products supplied from the market.

Yeah, I just looked at Wool and it would cost about 2x as much to buy it on the market right now as it does to sell it in the stores.

Another thing I was looking at were the other stores that open up at higher research levels. I wouldn't do anything in Music because my map has a shortage of logs. There are *long* breaks in the addition of new products but I wonder if its feasible to look at Electronics, all the products there have very high profit margins, although, like work clothes in the textile store, there isn't a lot of demand.

I probably need to do some serious planning when I'm not bouncing back and forth between work and Industry Tycoon I have $26 million in the bank right now going to waste!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #168
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Another thing I was looking at were the other stores that open up at higher research levels. I wouldn't do anything in Music because my map has a shortage of logs. There are *long* breaks in the addition of new products but I wonder if its feasible to look at Electronics, all the products there have very high profit margins, although, like work clothes in the textile store, there isn't a lot of demand.

well i'm sure everyone else already was aware, but this is prohibitively expensive, getting RL up into the 20s costs hundreds of millions of dollars.

Currently, I'm losing a little money($100k) in off months and making $500-$800k in the summer months and puttering along reasearching quality levels. I haven't really tried to do anything to expand in awhile though. Oil is QL6 now and Cotton will be there during the day on Sunday, and I still have about $30 million available to me that right now I'm just using as a giant buffer in case things go bad while i'm not paying attention and quality levels are being researched. Worst case I could build a second research facility and double up on my research for awhile, I still haven't figured out a way to get my profits to continue to grow upwards and still do research at the same time.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #169
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well i'm sure everyone else already was aware, but this is prohibitively expensive, getting RL up into the 20s costs hundreds of millions of dollars.

Currently, I'm losing a little money($100k) in off months and making $500-$800k in the summer months and puttering along reasearching quality levels. I haven't really tried to do anything to expand in awhile though. Oil is QL6 now and Cotton will be there during the day on Sunday, and I still have about $30 million available to me that right now I'm just using as a giant buffer in case things go bad while i'm not paying attention and quality levels are being researched. Worst case I could build a second research facility and double up on my research for awhile, I still haven't figured out a way to get my profits to continue to grow upwards and still do research at the same time.

I've been running into the same situation. I'm up to RL8 and I'm not sure how much farther it makes sense to go. If you want to go with high RL, I think you'd have to skip the QL research. As far as extra profits go, I don't see where they will come from. There aren't any new products on the horizon that have high margins, so everything else is slow growth.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:52 PM   #170
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

quick headsup that the next world reset will be happening today, at midnight CET (central Europe time?) or at 6pm eastern and a new world will start with a first month played at noon CET tomorrow.

From their forums:
Quote:
Roundreset 31.07.

The currend round #14 will be reset on 31.07. at 24:00 CET. The last WU will take place at 24:00 CET.

The first WU of the new round will take place 01.08. at 12:00 CET (noon).

As usual, all individual product quality will be taken over to round #15, everyone starts with 2,500,000 cash, all buildings are gone and you will have to generate a new map.

The current speed round #20 will be reset just like the main game. The last WU will be 31.07. at 23:50 CET, the first WU of round #21 01.08. at 12:05 CET.

No additions and changes will be included in the new round.

Might be a good jumping on point for anybody who checked it out but felt behind everyone, of for anyone who played it for a while and went away to come back and have fun...

FM
Old 07-31-2008, 10:08 PM   #171
daedalus
Pro Rookie

which way is everybody going?

i honestly find this game quite entertaining.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #172
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I feel kind of stupid as I don't really have a way where I want to go, heh...

I too liked it a lot. Probably should have done something drastic toward the end as it had gotten a bit boring. Looking forward to see how a full 3 90 days goes when I start at the same time as others...

FM
Old 07-31-2008, 10:46 PM   #173
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, and I've been hitting the "generate map" button over and over again for the last 5-10 minutes. Trying to decide between having a lot of iron ore or a lot of logs... Oil is also fairly useful to get plastic...

FM