Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

The First 48 on A&E

Anyone else watch this show. It scares my brother that I watch it so religiously and watch other shows like it, but I won't go into all the other shows dealing with deaths that I watch.

An episode recently had this guy killing his brother in his house and then killing 5 others in the house to cover it up, including 2 little kids. Three kids survived, they laid there for about 24 hours before anyone else found the scene. At the end of the episode his mother came in and he talked to her and she asked what happened to the little kids and he said they saw what he did. He actually went into the kitchen after unloading his gun and grabbed knives to kill and try to kill the rest.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #2
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

"Why did you kill everybody in the house?"
"They was home."
Old 07-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
JediKooter
Coordinator

Yes, this is one of my favorite shows.

Haven't seen that episode yet.

I wish they would expand to other cities though. There's none in California and none in New York, both places which should have plenty of material, unfortunately.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
"They was home."

That was chilling. I can't believe the mother's reaction either. It was incredibly compelling TV. I don't catch all of the episodes, but I enjoy the show everytime I do see one.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

They were his relatives too. His mother hugged her son and said I love you and then said don't cry.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Yes, this is one of my favorite shows.

Haven't seen that episode yet.

I wish they would expand to other cities though. There's none in California and none in New York, both places which should have plenty of material, unfortunately.

The above mentioned show happened in Memphis, which has the second highest violent crime rate in the US. (Detroit #1) I'm sure they'll expand cities as they go on.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

My brother thinks it is really strange I watch many shows like this, but it makes me appreciate life more and he doesn't pick on me anymore.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
"They was home."

"Thank God we got penitentiaries"
Old 07-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #9
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
Anyone else watch this show. It scares my brother that I watch it so religiously and watch other shows like it, but I won't go into all the other shows dealing with deaths that I watch.

An episode recently had this guy killing his brother in his house and then killing 5 others in the house to cover it up, including 2 little kids. Three kids survived, they laid there for about 24 hours before anyone else found the scene. At the end of the episode his mother came in and he talked to her and she asked what happened to the little kids and he said they saw what he did. He actually went into the kitchen after unloading his gun and grabbed knives to kill and try to kill the rest.

Yet another unfunny post from TCY Junkie. Seriously, man, just give up.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #10
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Its on Tuesday nights now instead of Thursday. If you don't think its funny he left not 1 or 2 but 3 survivors you didn't get the joke.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
path12
Coordinator

I really like this show, but always forget when it's on so am pretty hit or miss with actually catching it.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Tuesday's night episode will feature the killing of Taylor Bradford, a University of Memphis football player who was shot on campus.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #13
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I really like this show, but always forget when it's on so am pretty hit or miss with actually catching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Tuesday's night episode will feature the killing of Taylor Bradford, a University of Memphis football player who was shot on campus.

Come on guys, this is a joke thread. Some would say he failed at murdering multiple times and some would say I failed at something I'm not ready to reveal yet. I'm like the homeless version of this guy.

Oh, recorded it and watched it last night. Best episode I have seen. The guy even made a prank call to a relative to make police think it was gang related (blackout, where they kill the whole family), so when the 9 year old finally told what happened they didn't have far to go because he was already in protective custody.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #14
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Crazy stuff. The one's in Miami are very interesting because I know of those neighborhoods.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #15
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
The above mentioned show happened in Memphis, which has the second highest violent crime rate in the US. (Detroit #1) I'm sure they'll expand cities as they go on.

I like the ones in Detroit, even though I have not seen too many lately for some reason. I like the Memphis ones and the two detectives that are usually doing the investigations.

I think the show is great, it's kind of like an hour long serious COPS. I think it's absolutely amazing how easy people confess. Of course we are seeing an edited condenced version, but, still they seem to break fairly quickly.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #16
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Come on guys, this is a joke thread. Some would say he failed at murdering multiple times and some would say I failed at something I'm not ready to reveal yet. I'm like the homeless version of this guy.

Oh, recorded it and watched it last night. Best episode I have seen. The guy even made a prank call to a relative to make police think it was gang related (blackout, where they kill the whole family), so when the 9 year old finally told what happened they didn't have far to go because he was already in protective custody.

Yeah, he left not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors. All under the age of nine. All were beaten to within an inch of their lives along with bullet holes and stab wounds. I'm all for sick, twisted humor, I just kind of fail to get it here.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #17
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Yeah, he left not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors. All under the age of nine. All were beaten to within an inch of their lives along with bullet holes and stab wounds. I'm all for sick, twisted humor, I just kind of fail to get it here.

There was none, I was just trying to please Passacaglia.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #18
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

Old 07-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #19
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Come on guys, this is a joke thread.

FAIL
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #20
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post

After Pass's comment I thought I could see if I could make the first post look like a joke or parody thread. Some people compared me to Pumpy recently. So I thought everyone could see the connection between this murder and me, since it is so obvious.

I love watching episodes when I get time on Sunday, I don't watch much TV unless its college football season.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #21
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
TCYJunkie might be the first member that I actually block...never thought I would block someone, but his posts just puzzle me, then annoy me...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #22
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
TCYJunkie might be the first member that I actually block...never thought I would block someone, but his posts just puzzle me, then annoy me...

I get distracted easily, lets talk about the show.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #23
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

He's probably one of those "bipolar" people. Fucking psychos.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #24
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
He's probably one of those "bipolar" people. Fucking psychos.

Its hard to please everyone, I gave pass what he wanted, then tried to get back on topic for oliegirl, then you come in here and want to play.

The next episode I watched was called blackout, but didn't kill the family(like the term they used early).

Old 07-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #25
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I didn't get the joke.

Anyway, why do they have a problem with Alaska and Hawaii?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #26
bionicgrov
n00b

Quote:

Lucky me!! I live in Memphis.Actually, the local politicians won't let them film here anymore because they think it looks bad on the city. They are more worried about their image rather than the real problem of crime.
bionicgrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #27
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Its hard to please everyone, I gave pass what he wanted, then tried to get back on topic for oliegirl, then you come in here and want to play.

The next episode I watched was called blackout, but didn't kill the family(like the term they used early).

Got back on topic for me???? I hadn't posted in this thread until you'd already made your bizarre comments...
Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 PM   #28
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I didn't get the joke.

I haven't told a joke in a month, that was the reason for the posts. Some think I was trying to make them laugh. I have to get to know people a little before I can make them laugh. It was mainly for myself.

There was no joke before your post, I tried to give it an appearance of a joke thread because that is what you desired. Some people think its funny when your not good at something. (like that kid on the simpsons)
Then I went to town.

Driving to town I thought there was very little to work with since it wasn't a joke thread. I grabbed at the "failed " murders because that is what some people like to say when they don't understand. I then related myself to that guy like some compared me to a homeless version of pumpy. I did this to add to the joke thread appearance for you.

Basically I just like the way some people jumped to conclusions around here in the past, it is very entertaining to myself.

The doctors told me just because I know what a psycho is thinking that doesn't make me a psycho.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode and with getting to watch the Joker four days ago I might get spoiled.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #29
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Got back on topic for me???? I hadn't posted in this thread until you'd already made your bizarre comments...

post 22, and the comments weren't as bizarre as thinking it was a joke thread.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #30
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Yeah, see - I never thought it was a joke thread, I never said anything in the thread until I commented that your posts were bizarre. I've never watched the show so I had nothing to say about it.

This is why your posts are so confusing...they are just very unclear and it's difficult to figure out where you are joking and where you aren't, and also to figure out who's comments you are referencing when you make your own comments.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #31
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Yeah, see - I never thought it was a joke thread, I never said anything in the thread until I commented that your posts were bizarre. I've never watched the show so I had nothing to say about it.

This is why your posts are so confusing...they are just very unclear and it's difficult to figure out where you are joking and where you aren't, and also to figure out who's comments you are referencing when you make your own comments.

I hope now one thought it was a joke thread. Pass started the sillyness. I tried to get back on topic and end the sillyness for you on post 22. I didn't know for sure if you liked the show but thought you might want to add something more civil.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #32
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I hope now one thought it was a joke thread. Pass started the sillyness. I tried to get back on topic and end the sillyness for you on post 22. I didn't know for sure if you liked the show but thought you might want to add something more civil.

That's true. I was just giving him a hard time -- since in his joke posts, everyone tells him he's not funny, I thought I would tell him he's not funny in a thread where he's obviously not trying to be funny.

Carry on.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #33
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

LOL
Old 07-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #34
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

What a disaster.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #35
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

The end of post 10 I thought was very weird. I tried to embrace the weirdness in post 13 to seem even crazier, so Schmidty was pretty close. I totally knew what Passacaglia was doing, he is on my buddy list after all.

One more time, I get distracted easily, lets talk about the show.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #36
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
What a disaster.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #37
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That's true. I was just giving him a hard time -- since in his joke posts, everyone tells him he's not funny, I thought I would tell him he's not funny in a thread where he's obviously not trying to be funny.

Carry on.

I love this board, I thought I would add to his little joke by putting a "joke" in there. I don't know how many of you get that I have been trying to make you think and be entertained and not laugh, well maybe laugh at me. The what a disaster and the +1 makes me feel it was all worth it.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #38
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

After that great episode in the original post, this episode was ok. I never heard why the Memphis player got killed until tonights episode.

That Crime 360 show that they had on afterwards ealier this year didn't hold my attention at all, and I thought I would like it based on the previews.