Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
scoman
n00b

CentSports.com-free sports betting-Win real Cash

Q: What is CentSports.com?

A: CentSports.com is just one of many places on the Internet where you can place bets on major sporting events.
What makes CentSports unique is that we're actually legal. Currently you can't run a gambling website from inside the U.S. This site is more like a fantasy-football game ... we give you a small amount of play-money to start out with ... you make bets with this, just like you could in Vegas ... but, again, you're just betting with 'play money'.
However, if you do well enough ... i.e., if you win enough of your play-money bets, we'll actually let you 'cash out' your play money for real money ... and maybe other stuff like t-shirts, CentSports gear, etc.

Q: Who developed / manages CentSports ... and why?

A: CentSports is being developed by a group of students and professionals based out of College Station, Texas. Given the location, most, though not all of us, are associated in some way or another with Texas A&M University.
The project started in response to last year's Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (which, shamefully, was officially termed the "Security and Accountability for Every (SAFE) Port Act of 2006" by congress ... look it up on Wikipedia). That bill made it illegal to use any online betting or gambling site that you could deposit money into, effectively shutting down all such sites which existed at that time.
For those of us who enjoyed sports betting, this was bad news. This project was our response to that. True, not as fun as real gambling, but it's still fun to play with free money, and hey, if you do well enough, we even reward you by paying out real money to our users.

Q: So how does it work?

A: It's simple ... when you first sign up for CentSports, we give you ten cents ($0.10) play money to bet with. You can use this to bet on almost any major college or professional sporting event (MLB, NBA and NFL games, etc.). Anything you win you keep and can use to place more bets, accumulating money as you go.
You can cash out whenever you want (as soon as you have a balance of over $20.00 play money) ... we're actually gracious enough to send you a check for your play-money account balance ... just straight up, dollar for dollar.
We've tried to replicate what you can do at real sports betting sites ... i.e., you can make standard line-type bets such as over/under, point-spread, and moneyline bets. In fact, we get our lines straight from Vegas ... any bet you make on CentSports could be made with any sports bookie in Vegas for the same odds if you were betting for real money.
Overall, the site makes more from advertising than people cash out ... though one of our goals in creating the site was to make sure that as much of the site's advertising revenue goes back to CentSports user as possible (after all, they're the ones who earned it by viewing ads in the first place!).

Q: Ten cents doesn't seem like much money ... why should I care?

A: On an average sports bet, you can usually come close to doubling your money if you win. Think about it ... if you start with 10 cents, after you win your first bet, you'll have about 20 cents. If you bet those 20 cents and win again, you'd have about 40 cents, and so on.
If you keep doing this, doubling up and re-betting your winnings each time, you can accumulate some significant winnings. When you sign up, check the top cashouts ... in particular the people who have cashed out $100+ on the site with this strategy.

Q: What if I lose all my money?

A: Then we give you another 10 cents play-money for free so that you can keep on betting. Your balance can never fall below 10 cents ... you'll always have at least something to keep making bets with.

Q: Can I deposit money into my account?

A: NOOOOOOOOOOOO. You can't buy play-money ... the only way you can get more is just by making good sports picks. You always have $0.10 to bet with (again, thanks to our advertisers), but you can't put money into your account.

Q: Can I get money out of my account?

A: Yup. Any time you have over $20 in your account you can cash out ... minimum of $10. Actually, cashouts on CentSports work a little differently that you might expect ... we designate a certain amount of money each week as 'cashout' funds, and people compete over that using their balances. I know that doesn't make much sense now ... it'll make sense once you sign up and start using the site.

Q: Which games can I bet on?

A: Generally we have lines for most professional and college sporting events. Almost every college and professional baseball, basketball, football, and hockey game has lines on the site. We're working hard to add more sports (soccer, horse racing, etc.).

Q: What about if I don't live in the US?

At this time we can only support cashouts from people living in the US. Or really, we can only send checks to US addresses.
This is a newer policy for us, so don't worry if your already an existing member that's ready to cash out and lives outside the US ... we'll 'grandfather' you in. This just applies to new accounts (after 3-28-2008).
And of course, people from overseas can still play on CentSports, we just will have to send your cashout check to a US address ... so, for example, you could choose to send the money to an orphanage, or even better, a zoo! People love monkeys!

Just go to this link to sign up for free:
CentSports.com

scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in before lock.

I suspect I may lose this post
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
samifan24
Pro Starter

How do I know he's a witch? 'Cause he looks like one. Burn him!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
kingfc22
Head Coach

In before this thread is gone
Old 07-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Errr....all this guy does is post about online games.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #6
scoman
n00b

Just putting it out there for those that might be interested,you fellas sure are touchy in these here parts aren't you?
Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

200 into 4500 in 05
figured I'd post it before this thread was gone.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
MJ4H
Coordinator

sounds fun actually
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #9
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoman View Post
Just putting it out there for those that might be interested,you fellas sure are touchy in these here parts aren't you?

the ratio of sand to vagina is extremely high here
Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The spam part of this thread is troubling, as such things are whenever they are posted on a message board forum.

That said, the service referred to does seem intriguing.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #11
Spree
n00b

How to make money spamming:

1) Join any forum.
2) Make a few dozen posts to establish a realistic identity.
3) Proceed to shill your products using prewritten statements provided by your employer, without fear of being banned.

The last five posts by scoman have been basically advertisements for games. I guess his boss told him to post on "video game" message boards, but I think he'd have better luck posting on the EA boards or something.
Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:52 PM   #12
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry, scoman. I already have a gaming advisor. His Name is Jason B. Magic
Old 07-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #13
scoman
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
How to make money spamming:

1) Join any forum.
2) Make a few dozen posts to establish a realistic identity.
3) Proceed to shill your products using prewritten statements provided by your employer, without fear of being banned.

The last five posts by scoman have been basically advertisements for games. I guess his boss told him to post on "video game" message boards, but I think he'd have better luck posting on the EA boards or something.

Lol ,thats funny, and so far from the truth it actually makes you look pretty silly.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
Spree
n00b

Quote:

Q: Can I get money out of my account?

A: Yup. Any time you have over $20 in your account you can cash out ... minimum of $10. Actually, cashouts on CentSports work a little differently that you might expect ... we designate a certain amount of money each week as 'cashout' funds, and people compete over that using their balances. I know that doesn't make much sense now ... it'll make sense once you sign up and start using the site.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #15
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Lol ,thats funny, and so far from the truth it actually makes you look pretty silly.

This could go from pedestrian to epic very quick.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #16
scoman
n00b

I like to pass the word on intriging new multi player sports games,no more to it than that fellas,your really playing way to much drama into this.

Last edited by scoman : 07-27-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #17
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Scoman of Nigeria
I like to be somebody's cash collecting monkey and choose to do it through one of the most universally hated mediums

fixed
Old 07-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #18
Spree
n00b

Quote:
I like to pass the word on intriging new multi player sports games,no more to it than that fellas,your really playing way to much drama into this.

Well, fine. But stop cutting-and-pasting so much. We can figure all that information out for ourselves.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #19
scoman
n00b

Lol,the only thing I have riding on this is my first bet for .11 cents that I bet on the Red Sox against the Angels tomorrow night. So beleive what you want. I have no connections what so ever. just a guy passing some info along about a game thats free to play.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #20
scoman
n00b

Quote:
Well, fine. But stop cutting-and-pasting so much. We can figure all that information out for ourselves.

np
Old 07-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #21
MJ4H
Coordinator

I actually appreciate this. Of course if it turns out you're just a shill I'm pulling your intestines through your nostrils.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #22
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lol,the only thing I have riding on this is my first bet for .11 cents that I bet on the Red Sox against the Angels tomorrow night. So beleive what you want. I have no connections what so ever. just a guy passing some info along about a game thats free to play.

Well, the good news is, is that they replace your lost bet with 10 cents after you lose tomorrow.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:28 PM   #23
Spree
n00b

Quote:
a game thats free to play.

As it is with all the games you've posted about, which is probably why it's semi-legal to advertise them on message boards.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #24
scoman
n00b

Whats pretty funny is lord knows how much money GLB has collected from this community,but a game that costs absolutly nothing, ever, gets the third degree,quite comical. So anyway I will leave it at that. You guys loosen up a little ,not everybody is trying to get in your wallet.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #25
scoman
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, the good news is, is that they replace your lost bet with 10 cents after you lose tomorrow.

Angel fan eh?

Bostons starter looks real good, so I took a shot.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #26
Spree
n00b

Quote:
Angel fan eh?

Bostons starter looks real good, so I took a shot.

No, I think he meant something else entirely.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:45 PM   #27
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Whats pretty funny is lord knows how much money GLB has collected from this community,but a game that costs absolutly nothing, ever, gets the third degree,quite comical. So anyway I will leave it at that. You guys loosen up a little ,not everybody is trying to get in your wallet.

If you can't see the difference between how GLB was introduced to the community and how this was introduced, then I don't know what I can do for you. I suppose we could dig up jbmagic to explain it to you.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #28
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I think he meant something else entirely.

No, he's right. I am an Angels fan.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:53 PM   #29
scoman
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
If you can't see the difference between how GLB was introduced to the community and how this was introduced, then I don't know what I can do for you. I suppose we could dig up jbmagic to explain it to you.

Sorry,I was just trying to give a detailed look at the game. From now on I will just post a link.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:55 PM   #30
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:

Well they closed my major book to U.S. players right before the AFC championship, at the half of the colts patriots game the year before. The half time line was 6 to 1 on the colts winning the game. I waited for a line on my new smaller book and no money line came. I told myself this was the last year I bet until they reopen the sites. I then went on super monkey tilt and turned the 3k I won that season into only up 2 hundred.

That is why I'm so touchy. All the time invested for 200. I hate this topic.
Do they have 8 team college football parlays? Screw it, it doesn't matter.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #31
scoman
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
Well they closed my major book to U.S. players right before the AFC championship, at the half of the colts patriots game the year before. The half time line was 6 to 1 on the colts winning the game. I waited for a line on my new smaller book and no money line came. I told myself this was the last year I bet until they reopen the sites. I then went on super monkey tilt and turned the 3k I won that season into only up 2 hundred.

That is why I'm so touchy. All the time invested for 200. I hate this topic.
Do they have 8 team college football parlays? Screw it, it doesn't matter.

Im still learning the site myself and I know they have parleys ,I have seen bets of up to a 4 team parlay ,but I dont know how high they go after that for sure.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:45 AM   #32
Spree
n00b

This site reminds me of the story of the waitress who challenged her boss to pay her $1 the first day, $2 the second day, $4 the third day, and so on. Except in this case, you've got a 50% chance of losing everything after each day.

The waitress would've probably starved to death.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #33
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Slimy spamy-ish feel to this post aside, this site is actually really fun. I have learned that either I am a terrible sports gambler, or that baseball is the most completely freaking random sport on the planet and is thus impossible to bet on with any success. It's probably both.

I'm actually really surprised I've never seen it mentioned on FOFC until now.

Last edited by LloydLungs : 07-28-2008 at 09:33 AM.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #34
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just signed up, that sign up process is the corniest thing I have ever seen

SIGN ME UP BITCH!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #35
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I just signed up, that sign up process is the corniest thing I have ever seen

SIGN ME UP BITCH!!!!!!!

Yeah, incidentally the guys who run the site are really squirrely. This idea in the hands of pros would really take off. In the hands of a bunch of jackoff college kids, you don't get the impression that they have a rock-solid business model with long-term sustainability. Still addictive, though. A great concept.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #36
scoman
n00b

Heres another one for those of whom that may not of heard of it, its called Jockstocks .com. A stock sim using players of all 6 major sports. They have a stock value and it goes up or down based on their real life preformance,and the buying and selling of their stock. You start out with 1 million in cash to build your portfolio,and compete against others from around the world. And of course this game is free to play.

Last edited by scoman : 07-28-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #37
molson
General Manager

If the A's, Blue Jays, D'Backs, Pirates, and Yankees all win tonight I'll be sitting pretty with almost $2.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #38
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol.

there are 6 major sports?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #39
scoman
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
lol.

there are 6 major sports?

If you count PGA,NHL and Nascar sure there is,lol
Old 07-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #40
MJ4H
Coordinator

nascar lol
Old 07-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #41
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I signed up for the hell of it...placed that little 10 cent bet on the cubs today..moneyline (at +150) and then viewed an ad and got an additional boost...with the cubs win and the boost I now have 24 cents to play around with.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:57 PM   #42
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I signed up for the hell of it...placed that little 10 cent bet on the cubs today..moneyline (at +150) and then viewed an ad and got an additional boost...with the cubs win and the boost I now have 24 cents to play around with.

Seems like you should have more than that. The 10 cents plus the 15 for hitting the the +150 moneyline should be 25 without even adding the bonus. Just a tip for the newbies, keep going till it says that's the max bonus you can get (which should be 100% for a single-game 10-cent bet). By my calculations, you ought to have 40 cents now for that win.

However, I majored in English, so all of this could be horribly wrong.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:19 AM   #43
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

What is this? Gaming for the homeless?