Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

NYC Restaurants, Bars TO Visit...

Kinda like that Boston thread.

Any restaurants or bars I absolutely have to check out while out there? I have been thinking of specifically trying to go to an Italian restaurant in Little Italy. Is that likely going to be as terrific as it sounds? lol

I tend more towards the blue collar. So probably not a good fit for high end trendy places (plus, I ain't rich, ya know, and I will probably--no certainly--dress like a medium grade slob trying to look slightly better for a day or two. ).

Generally, I will be in Manhattan, so that's probably where you want to direct me. But I will be staying in Brooklyn, and I am going up to the Bronx to see a Yankee game, so I won't exclusively be in Manhattan.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
3ric
College Starter

Me and the wife was in NYC 18 months ago, and we went to the Oyster Bar in Grand Central Station for lunch one day. If you like seafood it's a definite recommendation.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Chief I'll do my best to give you some spots a little bit later when I can put some more time into it (just got into work), but just a heads-up: Little Italy is basically gone, confined now to one street. It's been pretty much taken over by Soho and Chinatown. But you can still find a good place to eat.

Do I remember right from your other thread that you would be around with a cousin?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You can walk into whats left of Little Italy and eat at any restaurant and have a fantastic meal.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote