Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

double bleh...life sucks sometimes

Just need to write to get the feelings out of me.

Just received a phone call from my mother that a cousin of mine committed suicide last night. She was about 10 years older than me (around 44) BUT the story lies into not how it effects me, but my mother.

There is only a 7 year gap between the two and they have been each others strengths through thick and thin the past 6 years. Since I moved out, she has been the one helping and being the strength for my mom, keeping her occupied so she did not become depressed that me and the grandkids are 2000 miles away.

My cousin had married a guy that turns out was a paranoid schizophrenic and made her life a living hell, and since the divorce has driven that through the roof for her. He has sexually abused her daughter and turned her daughter against her and there are signs that the daughter has the same illness as her father. The factor that drove her to do what she did last night, was losing custody of her daughter to this guy.

Now the scary thing is, I am afraid for this guys life now, my cousins are like the family in the Swayze movie Next of Kin....I totally feel that some of the red neck Utahns that they are will destroy this man....even though he deserves it, but karma is a bitch and will bite him soon.

So this affects not only my mother, but a 10 year old girl, and a family that has dealt with issues their entire life (My aunt and uncle have had severe medical problems forever).

Looks like I get to Utah a week earlier(than planned) as I have to be my Mothers strength.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-24-2008 at 09:22 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
MikeVic
Head Coach

Oh wow, that's horrible. I'm so sorry.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Flasch186
Coordinator

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
So sorry RomaGoth, tragic story. It's good that you will be there for your mom, that will no doubt help her get through this difficult time. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Sorry to hear about all of this, I wish you and your family the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
So sorry RomaGoth, tragic story. It's good that you will be there for your mom, that will no doubt help her get through this difficult time. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

What the. lol.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #7
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

That is horrible

Honest question though: how do you lose custody to a paranoid schizophrenic? Was he diagnosed as such, or is that just an opinion? Because I would think that winning custody against someone diagnosed as such would be almost a slam dunk. Dude must have some crazy good lawyers?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #8
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post

Ummm.

what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Wow. That's really a tragic situation. My heart goes out to your mom, and good for you for being there for her.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
That is horrible

Honest question though: how do you lose custody to a paranoid schizophrenic? Was he diagnosed as such, or is that just an opinion? Because I would think that winning custody against someone diagnosed as such would be almost a slam dunk. Dude must have some crazy good lawyers?

It's been diagnosed as that, he also has been diagnosed with PTSD from the Military, it's been lies upon lies between him and her. She isn't a saint I will give you that, but half the shit he has said is far from the truth...to paint the picture even more.....he bought a house by her, so he could "keep an eye" on her comings and goings.

She couldn't even date, because the minute a guy showed up, the ex was there starting stuff.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #11
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Seems like the whole situation is bad for everyone. Sorry to hear about this stuff
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #12
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just found out a little more...

It was a standoff with the police and she had barricaded herself in the home, no one heard the gunshot but when they originally attempted entry she saw them and pointed the weapon at the officers and they backed down not wanting to risk being shot. She was drunk and took a ton of pills, the pills would have killed her eventually, but after they backed down is when she took her life.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #13
JeeberD
General Manager

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Just found out a little more...

It was a standoff with the police and she had barricaded herself in the home, no one heard the gunshot but when they originally attempted entry she saw them and pointed the weapon at the officers and they backed down not wanting to risk being shot. She was drunk and took a ton of pills, the pills would have killed her eventually, but after they backed down is when she took her life.

I'm so sorry.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #15
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sorry to hear, having gone through my brother in law commiting suicaide leaving behind 3 kids under the age of 3 I know all to well how wide spread the impact can be.

Sorry for your family, It gets better and hurts less after a while, but I won't lie, it is a slow and painfull process.

Tell your mother all the questions she is probably asking herself about what she could have done differently are normal, but that she can't blame herself.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #16
Lorena
Unregistered

So sorry to hear MacroGuru
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

Very sorry for your loss Dennis, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote