Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #51
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

(www.latimes.com)
CW: the young and the feckless

Welcome to the CW, your one and only source for the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite -- and next season, the wealthy youth of Beverly Hills and Palm Beach.

In its junior year, the young network is loading up on soapy dramas about moneyed teens, hoping to bring a "Gossip Girl" buzz to the rest of its schedule.

" 'Gossip Girl' is the first show that we really developed at the CW, and I think that's a good indication of the kinds of shows that we want to do: shows that create pop culture," said Dawn Ostroff, the network's president of entertainment, in an interview Tuesday morning before the CW's evening upfront cocktail party.

But it remains to be seen if the third year will be the charm for the CW.

For all its hype, "Gossip Girl" has yet to deliver decent ratings, and this season's writers strike deeply eroded the network's audience, leaving it in a precarious state.

"We started this company two years ago, in the middle of a big sea change in the business, and then we had a strike thrown at us right in the middle," Ostroff said. "We know that you have to be patient; shows take time to grow."

Ostroff said she's optimistic about the fall lineup, which the CW is launching Sept. 1, hoping to get ahead of the competition.

The network's most talked-about new drama: an updated version of "Beverly Hills, 90210," the popular 1990s Fox series. In the newest iteration, Annie Mills (Shenae Grimes of "Degrassi: The Next Generation") and her brother, Dixon ("The Wire's" Tristan Wilds) move with their family from Kansas to Beverly Hills. Original "90210" star Jennie Garth reprises her role as Kelly Taylor, now a guidance counselor at the high school. Other regulars from the first series may also crop up.

The show will be paired Tuesday nights with "Surviving the Filthy Rich," a series based on the novel "How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls" by Zoey Dean. It's about a young live-in tutor for a pair of rebellious twin girls in Palm Beach, Fla.

Both programs are "great escapism television, particularly at a time when people are so worried about the economy and the financial situation in our country," said Ostroff, noting that shows such as "Dynasty" and "Dallas" did well under similar circumstances.

On Wednesdays, "America's Next Top Model" will be paired with "Stylista," described by the network as " 'The Devil Wears Prada' reinvented as a reality series." The winner gets a job at Elle magazine.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #52
Ksyrup

Couple of reality show updates:

July 13th - Big Brother 10 (had no idea this was starting until I stumbled on it)

July 20th - High School Musical reality show on ABC (I won't be watching, but I'l'l have to record it for the kids)

August 4th - Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew
Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew's cast consists of American Idol first-season third-place finisher Nikki McKibbon; former Sons of Hollywood star Sean Stewart; model and actress Amber Smith; former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler; actress and The Surreal Life sixth-season houseguest Tawny Kitaen; and former police brutality victim Rodney King.

Found this pretty interesting, too:

Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew first-season participant and former Idol fourth-season finalist Jessica Sierra will not be participating in the show's second edition.

Sierra, currently in the midst of her yearlong rehab stint at California's Pasadena Recovery Center, had recently expressed interest in joining the second season's cast.

However Hillsborough County Circuit Court Judge Daniel Perry had previously stated he doesn't want Sierra to use treatment as a way to aid her celebrity status and thus "glamorize" being a drug addict. At a January hearing, he ordered she stay at least 100 yards from microphones and cameras.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-08-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #53
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I miss "Chapelle's Show". Those were the good ol' days.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...mad-real-world

Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #54
Ksyrup

Hey, just in time for Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew! I don't know when filming begins/ends, but I hope this makes the show:

LOS ANGELES — Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler has been arrested in Hollywood for alleged drug possession.

Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French says the 43-year-old Adler was arrested around 4 a.m. Friday by officers called to a home where a man reportedly was creating a disturbance and refusing to leave.

Adler was booked for investigation of possessing narcotics, being under the influence and for an outstanding warrant.

He was jailed on $45,000 bail.

Adler has a long history of drug use. He performed on the early Guns N' Roses albums but was later fired.