Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2003, 08:00 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Red Sox / Tigers Game - Broadcaster's Commentary

So Sean McDonough and Jerry Remy are calling the Boston/Detroit baseball game tonight, and I'm barely paying attention while playing OOTP, but I start to listen in to their discussion about hair pieces and "systems." And it goes on for a couple of half innings, and all of a sudden, they start picking guys out of the crowd and the two of them are debating whether the guy's got a "system" or not. They keep coming back to this one poor guy, and Remy's ragging on him and talking about how when it's humid, you can tell because the back starts to curl up. And McDonough says, "Well, some of these systems are pretty good. I mean this guy, we at least had a debate about whether it's a system or not." And Remy says, "What? That's a helmet" right as the guy faces the camera, not knowing what was going on. I was laughing out loud.

I'm telling you, ALL baseball broadcasts should be done Mystery Science Theater 3000-style. It's the perfect way to kill the time between at-bats and pitches.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 08:14 PM   #2
McSweeny
College Starter

Re: Red Sox / Tigers Game - Broadcaster's Commentary

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
So Sean McDonough and Jerry Remy are calling the Boston/Detroit baseball game tonight, and I'm barely paying attention while playing OOTP, but I start to listen in to their discussion about hair pieces and "systems." And it goes on for a couple of half innings, and all of a sudden, they start picking guys out of the crowd and the two of them are debating whether the guy's got a "system" or not. They keep coming back to this one poor guy, and Remy's ragging on him and talking about how when it's humid, you can tell because the back starts to curl up. And McDonough says, "Well, some of these systems are pretty good. I mean this guy, we at least had a debate about whether it's a system or not." And Remy says, "What? That's a helmet" right as the guy faces the camera, not knowing what was going on. I was laughing out loud.

I'm telling you, ALL baseball broadcasts should be done Mystery Science Theater 3000-style. It's the perfect way to kill the time between at-bats and pitches.

i'm watching this game as well, hilarious stuff. Can't beat the RemDog
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 09:59 PM   #3
tucker342
Pro Starter

That's the great thing about baseball broadcasts, they talk about the funniest things sometimes
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 10:05 PM   #4
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Gee, on Royals TV broadcasts all we get is Bob Davis calling Royals players by the wrong name and getting constantly bewildered by common baseball strategy ("Wow! They're putting on a sacrifice bunt with a runner at first and nobody out. You don't see that every day!").

It would be a refreshing change of pace to hear a couple of innings about hairpieces.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
vtbub
College Starter

When Boston beat up Florida, Sean was giving Jerry dominant eye tests. Remy is a classic.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 02:29 AM   #6
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Come on... it's the Tiger, what else is there to talk about? Didn't they have like a 18 game losing streak to start the season?
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 04:26 PM   #7
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Ya, some broadcasters are just great, living in the bay area I always get to hear Kruk and Kuip, two great broadcasters. Although there are some bad ones here, one in particular, Joe Angel is horrible. Also, Jim or John McCarver is horrible too.