Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #51
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'd love to rejoin the JBL if we do this guys.

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #52
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
I'd love to rejoin the JBL if we do this guys.

It's got to happen. JBL was the greatest league ever. I remember being totally depressed when I heard Marm was shutting it down, and no one else stepped up (including me).

Even if we lose most, or all, of the history, it'd be awesome to get the same group of guys together, and start a new JBL.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #53
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I would love to get back in it if it started back up, but I'm guessing Dangarion and I would have to thumb wrestle for it since he took over my team when I had to stop online play for a while!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #54
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

You can have my team Alan. I'll just become the official "Voice" of the JBL.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #55
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I would love to get back in it if it started back up, but I'm guessing Dangarion and I would have to thumb wrestle for it since he took over my team when I had to stop online play for a while!

I'd take another team, like the Swallows, since I know Brian doesn't play anymore...
Old 06-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #56
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I only have OOTP 6.5, but I would take over the Carp or any other team whether we start fresh or somehow use the current file I have. Somebody just needs to take the reigns and get something started. I'll help however I can (I have the Japanese name files and team logos still). If somebody wants to get this started email me: cusefan95 AT comcast DOT net

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #57
Swaggs
Coordinator

If we're getting the band back together, I'm in with the Stars.
Swaggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #58
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

What are you hero names on Protector, Marm?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #59
korme
Go Reds

Dude when I had that combo of Hiroshi & Hisashi as the 1-2 aces, I should have been a champion many a time... but no titles? Weak sauce.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #60
korme
Go Reds

Getting it back together, I don't have 6.5 anymore, only the last 2 versions of OOTP... no one wants to upgrade?
Old 06-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #61
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Getting it back together, I don't have 6.5 anymore, only the last 2 versions of OOTP... no one wants to upgrade?

I have 6.5 as well as the last version and pre-ordered for the new one coming out. I'm game for anything though, I just miss the people who made the league great.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #62
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

My 6.5 was giving me such problems (mostly licensing) I had to basically disappear from the RWBL because of it. So 6.5 is a non-starter for me. I have pre-ordered OOTP2009, though.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #63
smolen22
n00b

Well I'd play, but can only do so if the league upgraded. I had to leave the leauge because I'm now a mac only man.

I don't know why that league was so much more fun then any other, but it sure was.

By the way: look at all those kintetsu titles in that list.
smolen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #64
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I just talked to Dr Jap...he said that he'll give up a lifestyle of screwing hookers if the JBL comes back.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:07 AM   #65
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
I just talked to Dr Jap...he said that he'll give up a lifestyle of screwing hookers if the JBL comes back.

Nice!!

What about the very short-lived Pixburgh Joe?

By the way, I'm thinking about posting everything in this thread in hot pink, in preparation of our new live sims.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #66
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Who can for get Cowboy Bob YEEEEEEEEEHAWWWW!!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #67
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolen22 View Post
Well I'd play, but can only do so if the league upgraded. I had to leave the leauge because I'm now a mac only man.

I don't know why that league was so much more fun then any other, but it sure was.

By the way: look at all those kintetsu titles in that list.

oh snap a smolen22 sighting! smolen, do you realize if we rebirthed the jbl, me and you would have to have our teams married if we wanted updated teams (osaka kintetsu and orix merged and are now the orix buffaloes.. ain't that some crap)
Old 06-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #68
Drew
n00b

The proud Chunichi Dragons franchise has never stopped playing, and indeed, we're finally the best team in the league by default. I guess it's something...

I just wish someone could find the talking Takashi Hiroshi. I still laugh any time I think about that.

And Pittsburgh Joe.

Last edited by Drew : 06-16-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #69
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
The proud Chunichi Dragons franchise has never stopped playing, and indeed, we're finally the best team in the league by default. I guess it's something...

The amorous duo is back!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #70
Drew
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
The amorous duo is back!!!

I think we just missed you too much, Schmidty-poo.

Looks like most of the band is back together. If someone was willing to do all of the work, I'd totally be down for some JBL. My 20-year plan was just coming around, plus, I really wanted to be able to make a Hall Of Fame argument for my insanely effective relief pitcher, whose name I unfortunately can't recall. It's been too long.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #71
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

An old friend supplied the password for the file, so the league can continue or it can just start up fresh. Sounds like the best option would be to use the upcoming version of OOTP. I was not planning on buying it, but would if the league gets going again.

I only want to be a team owner, so somebody would have to step up as a commish and get the ball rolling.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 06-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #72
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolen22 View Post

Probably because Drew was your only friend and everyone else hated you, so it gave you a 'Me vs. the World' feeling. {insert half a winkie smiley here}

Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #73
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Wow... those are some memories from the past.

I still remember the talking Takashi Hiroshi picture from that Bud Light/Budweiser website: "Hello. This Takashi Hiroshi..."

Those were classic! I also rather enjoyed reading what Hiroshi had to say in the forum. He was really starting to get a good grip on the English language.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #74
Drew
n00b

With the league file located and unlocked, I'd sure like to use that, instead of the suggestion on the RWBL forums of using the nippon leagues already in the RWBL. The old JBL had history. I refuse to acknowledge any league that doesn't include Burandi "Bukkake" Bokkai.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #75
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
An old friend supplied the password for the file, so the league can continue or it can just start up fresh. Sounds like the best option would be to use the upcoming version of OOTP. I was not planning on buying it, but would if the league gets going again.

I only want to be a team owner, so somebody would have to step up as a commish and get the ball rolling.

It sounded like Schmidty wasn't opposed to the idea of possibly stepping up.. but I'm not sure if he was just toying with the idea or not though.

Scottvib also threw out the suggestion of possibly running it as a league under the RWBL in 2008 (where you had simultaneous leagues running at the same time in the same universe so to speak)..

I personally don't care one way or another how it is done myself, I think most people just like the idea of the group getting back together and just want to pick the easiest way that everyone would be happy with.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #76
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
With the league file located and unlocked, I'd sure like to use that, instead of the suggestion on the RWBL forums of using the nippon leagues already in the RWBL. The old JBL had history. I refuse to acknowledge any league that doesn't include Burandi "Bukkake" Bokkai.

Or Jizz Morie!! The strikeout leader for a single season.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #77
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Or Jizz Morie!! The strikeout leader for a single season.

Ha! I remember how the punishment for not being at a live sim was getting your player's nicknames fucked with.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #78
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

And then we had the super secret Late Night Baseball League...or whatever it was called.

Shit i broke the first rule of it...never talk about it!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #79
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And then we had the super secret Late Night Baseball League...or whatever it was called.

I remember when that started, but I don't remember much else about that.. I don't even remember what team I was there.. It didn't last long though I don't think.... if I even remember correctly.

Wasn't that something that Andy did, or was that you?
Old 06-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #80
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Koji and I had the LABL (Latin American Baseball League) which you might be thinking of.

The late night one was just 8 of us.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #81
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

That must have been before I joined the JBL.

I almost quit the JBL two or three times...
Old 06-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #82
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Koji and I had the LABL (Latin American Baseball League) which you might be thinking of.

The late night one was just 8 of us.

I don't remember the Latin American Baseball league.. I was one of the few that did the late night one.. I just honestly don't remember much about it.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #83
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
It sounded like Schmidty wasn't opposed to the idea of possibly stepping up.. but I'm not sure if he was just toying with the idea or not though.

Scottvib also threw out the suggestion of possibly running it as a league under the RWBL in 2008 (where you had simultaneous leagues running at the same time in the same universe so to speak)..

I personally don't care one way or another how it is done myself, I think most people just like the idea of the group getting back together and just want to pick the easiest way that everyone would be happy with.

I would do it if no one else will, but I'd rather not. I've never commished before, and I'm not sure I'd be the right person to do it. I'd try though.

Are we all committing to using OOTP9? That's only reason I'd buy the fucking game, but I'd do it for the JBL.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #84
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Wasn't my team called the Crusty Labia or something?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #85
korme
Go Reds

I kind of like the idea of running it simulataneously with another league, but if that means our old history is wiped out, no dice.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #86
Drew
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I kind of like the idea of running it simulataneously with another league, but if that means our old history is wiped out, no dice.

This is precisely my sentiment.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #87
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'd like to do it in OOTP9, and it sounds like we are going to do it outside of the RWBL. This means us that are in both the RWBL and JBL will have to have both OOTP7/8 and OOTP9. Hopefully that will push the RWBL to OOTP9 sooner rather then later...
Old 06-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #88
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
I'd like to do it in OOTP9, and it sounds like we are going to do it outside of the RWBL. This means us that are in both the RWBL and JBL will have to have both OOTP7/8 and OOTP9. Hopefully that will push the RWBL to OOTP9 sooner rather then later...

I have OOTP9 pre-ordered anyways, so doesn't really matter to me which we run it on. Whatever works for everyone is cool with me