Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #1
Swaggs
Coordinator

OOTP6 or 6.5/RWBL Opening

The RWBL is a mature league founded by and largely made up of FOFCers. We are just entering our 3rd year of play (in real time) and our 17th season of (in game) play. The league was developed from the format of Major League Baseball in 2002, but since then nearly all of the existing players have retired (Pujols and Blalock are still active, for example) and we have moved to a 28-team league, contracting Montreal and Tampa Bay two seasons ago. 25 of our 28 owners have been in the league for 5 seasons or more, and several original owners are still in place. We use a 10-round amateur draft and Rule V and are on day 7 of free agency. We have a very active stable of writers that cover the league and keep things interesting.

The team that is open is the Florida Marlins. The Marlins won the NL Wildcard last season. They have the best young catcher in the league, in (soon-to-be) 25-year old Hack Rosenthal. Rosenthal is entering his sixth season in the big leagues, and put up a .314 average with 45 HR and 124 RBI. The team's other cornerstone player is 25-year old Alvaro "The Steamboat" Ortiz, who already has a .315 career average in 750 big league games.The team also has a standout closer in 28-year old Alfonso Pedrosa (33 saves, 2.14 ERA) and an aging ace in 36-year old Gerald Gross (13-7, 3.41 ERA). There are several other solid players on the big league roster. The farm is somewhat barren, due to last season's trades. The team's finances are in outstanding shape, with $20M in the bank and a payroll of $67M (last season the team earned over $100M). The team is pretty much on the bubble: it could be added to if you are looking to make a postseason run, or there are some pieces in place that could make rebuilding fun.

We are looking for an active owner that has OOTP6 and AIM, can export a few times a week, will follow the offseason closely, and will add to our league.

Here are our links:
RWBL Homepage

RWBL Messageboard

Florida Marlins' Team Page

If you are interested or have any questions, send me a u2u or look me up on AIM (Swaggs1977) or our other comissioner (bsak16).

Last edited by Swaggs : 05-01-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Someone join so I can have some competition in my division
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #3
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Other than the fact that this team is in the Phillies' division, it's a great team. Swaggs is right -- it's a team you can either try to add one or two more pieces and make a playoff run for a while or go young and build for the future around Rosenthal and a couple of other nice young players. A great opportunity in a great league.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Surgeon General's Warning: Every person who tries to run a team in the RWBL NL East during the Phillies dynasty goes insane and disappears within two seasons. Not "disappears from the league". The dissapear from life entirely. Seriously. We've had 19 Mets owners since Labor Day. Legend is that they just snap one day and wander off, never to be seen or heard from again.

Some of them become pot-addicted wannabe musicians. Some find themselves uttering phrases like "I think I would have a better chance of winning if I took over the Pirates". Some vanish in the forest to wage hand-to-hand combat against Great Red Oaks. But they all disappear.

The only one who's immune is Adam, which seems to imply that you need to be Canadian to survive the horrors.

I wouldn't take the job if I were you.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:00 PM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
We've had 19 Mets owners since Labor Day.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

I would try again, but I think I've found my perfect MP league level with three FOF leagues, one OOTP league and one FBCB league. Any more than that would be asking for trouble...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #7
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
The RWBL is a mature league founded by and largely made up of FOFCers.

I assume you mean mature in the old sense, not the adult sense...
Old 05-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #8
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Surgeon General's Warning: Every person who tries to run a team in the RWBL NL East during the Phillies dynasty goes insane and disappears within two seasons. Not "disappears from the league". The dissapear from life entirely. Seriously. We've had 19 Mets owners since Labor Day. Legend is that they just snap one day and wander off, never to be seen or heard from again.

Some of them become pot-addicted wannabe musicians. Some find themselves uttering phrases like "I think I would have a better chance of winning if I took over the Pirates". Some vanish in the forest to wage hand-to-hand combat against Great Red Oaks. But they all disappear.

The only one who's immune is Adam, which seems to imply that you need to be Canadian to survive the horrors.

Thanks to your keen advertising campaign, we have managed to fill the opening.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Need 2 new owners. Pm Swaggs or bsak16 if you have any interest. Site address is http://www.rwbl-ootp-online.com/ .
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #10
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Thread moved to General Discussion by request
Old 03-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #11
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

out of curiousity, which current FOFC members are in it ?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:41 AM   #12
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Swaggs, Bsak16, MrBug, Dangarion, KCChief, Chinaski, Chief Rum, Draft Dodger, Nequa, Maple Leafs, I'm sure a few more that I missed.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #13
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Don't forget Schmidty, Adam, INDalltheway, vtbub ... is Andy still in the league?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #14
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Which teams..
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:27 AM   #15
General Mike
Pro Starter

What Jeeber said above applies to me. I would take the Mets if they were available tho.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #16
mooreadamc
Mascot

Quote:

Wow first i've seen this . I've still never beaten the Phillies but I did manager a wildcard one year and a World Series to boot. Great league
mooreadamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #17
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Brewers are the only open team left.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #18
Arctus
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Brewers are the only open team left.

sent a PM to swaggs around 10:00 this morning, still waiting on a reply

Last edited by Arctus : 03-24-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Arctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:51 PM   #19
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Need 1 owner for Seattle. Pm Swaggs or bsak16 if you have any interest. Site address is http://www.rwbl-ootp-online.com/ .
Old 08-26-2006, 08:31 PM   #20
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Koji's gone?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:36 PM   #21
Joe
Pro Starter

do I need 6.51 to be in the league or is 6.12 ok?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #22
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The commishes sim on 6.51, but there are quite a few owners (me included) still on 6.12.

Seattle's a good team. Koji made some deals and free agent pickups early then disappeared and hasn't exported in the offseason. I hope all is well. But he was a good owner and has a pretty solid team in place.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #23
cuervo72
Head Coach

Holy crap...is the NL East inhabited by 3yo's, or is bsak a supergenius??
Old 08-26-2006, 10:56 PM   #24
graygoosetwelve
n00b

I'm interested. Currently in the BTI and played a few seasons in the Japanese Baseball League before it was abandoned. Let me know if team is still available or if I would be welcome.
graygoosetwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #25
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
Holy crap...is the NL East inhabited by 3yo's, or is bsak a supergenius??
Little of column A, little of column B.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #26
Schmidty
Coordinator

That sucks that Koji left. Another original owner bites the dust. There are only 5 of us left now.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #27
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

if i had OOTP6 i would sign up in a heartbeat, but i dont. i played the free ootp5 and had fun, but didnt buy the new ootp because of the massive bugginess ive heard about. ive always wanted to play in a online league, i did with CM04/05 and it was fun
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #28
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
if i had OOTP6 i would sign up in a heartbeat, but i dont. i played the free ootp5 and had fun, but didnt buy the new ootp because of the massive bugginess ive heard about. ive always wanted to play in a online league, i did with CM04/05 and it was fun

The bugginess you have heard about is largely in the single-player game, and can be limited by turning off certain features (like waivers). By and large, the RWBL doesn't run into too many game bug issues in the league, and the commissioners work hard to fairly fix any problem which arises.

Also 6.51 is a very solid final patch for the game. It's much more playable now than before.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #29
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoosetwelve
I'm interested. Currently in the BTI and played a few seasons in the Japanese Baseball League before it was abandoned. Let me know if team is still available or if I would be welcome.

The JBL folded??

bulletsponge: the FOBL never did move to v6. We *are* considering moving to 2k6 for our next season though, if player development looks like it is somewhat accept (we have a guy who looks at this and other things very closely).
Old 08-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #30
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the interest everyone. We filled Seattle with the first PM i got from Rainmaker. If those others that were interested would like to be on waiting list please let me know. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #31
Swaggs
Coordinator

Bump...

The Cleveland Indians are now open, as their GM has gone MIA. We are currently in the very early stages of the offseason, so it is a good time to join. Plus, you can do battle with Schmidty (Detroit) and kcchief19 (Minny) on a day-to-day basis.

Send me a PM if you are interested.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #32
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Plus, you can do battle with Schmidty (Detroit) and kcchief19 (Minny) on a day-to-day basis.
No shit, kcchief joined the RWBL? When?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #33
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post

he's running my AA team, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #34
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
May Schmidy mistake you for a kitten.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #35
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
he's running my AA team, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
One day, I'm going to MrBug and win a World Series (legitimately) and make you guys a nice big shitburger.

Until then, I'll continue to stand here hip deep in pie. Thank you.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #36
MrBug708
Head Coach

Do not hate *shows his rent a rings*
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #37
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Do not hate *shows his rent a rings*
There's not hate here, Nequa ... er ... MrBug.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #38
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm looking for an advisor/co-owner for my team (Tigers).

I've been in the league with the same team since it started (almost 5 years), so I don't have the heart to just drop my beloved team. I want to wean myself from ownership.

If you're interested, PM me, or U2U me at the RWBL board.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #39
Swaggs
Coordinator

...and, bump!

St. Louis Cardinals are open. Right now, they are pretty rock bottom, with a very small fan interest and a last place record in the NL Central. They have a core of very good, young, offensive prospects and a handful of pretty good pitching prospects. They also have a small payroll, so a new owner would have some financial flexibility.

If you are interested in a rebuild project in a league that is over 25-seasons old, send me a PM. Owners should have OOTP 6 or 6.5 and AIM (or willingness to download it). No current plans for us to move to OOTP 2007 (it is doubtful that will, at all). Sims are two game weeks at a time and are on Sun/Tues/Thurs evenings. We are currently about 60 games into the season (mid-June), so trading deadline is still about 6 weeks away.

League website is in my signature.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #40
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

If you're Canadian, you could probably win a championship in this league within three years, even if you've never played OOTP.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #41
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

RWBL: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #42
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There is an opening for the Phillies. Interested parties should visit the forums at rwbl.net
Old 01-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #43
stevew
Hall Of Famer

We're under a bit of reconstruction at RWBL, as we transition from 6.5 to 2007/8. Next season(2033) will still be played under 6.5, with the movement to take effect in 2034. If anyone would be interested in checking it out, the forums can be found at www.rwbl.net. If you wish to sign up to get on the waiting list, please PM me or Swaggs, and we will add you. There's a good chance that there will be 3-4 openings soon, so hopefully there will be no wait at all.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #44
DanGarion
Coordinator

Hey guys we have some openings in the RWBL again. We are now running on OOTP8. So if you are looking to join a longstanding OOTP league come visit our forums or let us know here.

http://www.rwbl.net
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #45
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Hey guys we have some openings in the RWBL again. We are now running on OOTP8. So if you are looking to join a longstanding OOTP league come visit our forums or let us know here.

http://www.rwbl.net

What is the time line for moving up to OOTP 9? I don't have 8, but would love to join a 'normal' paced league along with FOOL once 9 is out.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #46
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
What is the time line for moving up to OOTP 9? I don't have 8, but would love to join a 'normal' paced league along with FOOL once 9 is out.

Here is the question, since I'm not sure. If the commish runs OOTP9 are people that use 7 and 8 going to be able to use it?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #47
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I have no idea. Does a commish on 8 work for guys running 7? I have never done OOTP online because of the whole time restictions of being on the road, so I have no idea.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #48
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I have no idea. Does a commish on 8 work for guys running 7? I have never done OOTP online because of the whole time restictions of being on the road, so I have no idea.

Yeah we have the commish run 8 for our league but there is an assortment of guys running 7 and 8.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:14 PM   #49
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

That's cool, I didn't know it would work like that. Just going off of what I know about the new game, the big change in scouting could be a problem for a league who has scouting turned on. I have no idea though.

I guess I will just hold off on finding a league until I know which ones will have 9.