Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #951
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I think the kicker was him eating the boog..
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #952
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Grossman's overall performance since he was drafted has little to do with what occured on draft day. When he was drafted, he was good enough to warrant a 1st round pick. As I mentioned, the credentials between Daniel, Brees and Grossman are VERY similar.

Actually I think it matters a great deal. It can be used as an example where a team thought that the on field performance was good enough to ignore the size issue and they were wrong. It can be a cautionary tale for others who are on the smallish side.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #953
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Actually I think it matters a great deal. It can be used as an example where a team thought that the on field performance was good enough to ignore the size issue and they were wrong. It can be a cautionary tale for others who are on the smallish side.

basically he wasn't good enough to be a first round pick yet the bears picked him anyway
Old 04-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #954
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
My guess is Driver, Jennings, Jones, Jordy, K-Rob and Martin make the team. Then, Swain goes to the practice squad. Holiday was released in Feb and is no longer on the team. One guy I could see get moved is Robinson - he was more of a Favre favorite and isn't really needed now.

I see them having Driver as the SE, Jennings as the flanker and Jones/Jordy in the slot. Both have good speed and are strong across the middle. Jordy was compared to Dwight Clark or Ed McCaffrey with a little more speed. K-Rob is more of a homerun threat with questionable hands. And, given Jones and Jordy have similar speed, there's no real reason to play him over those guys (who have more upside).

Yes, I agree the battle is mostly at the bottom. I am just real interested in how it works out now though, more then I was before the draft. I didn't know Holiday was cut, that is interesting. I guess they didn't think he would improve much?

So you throw in the draft picks and now you have two more WRs in the undrafted FA signings.....

Quote:
Packers TE Michael Peterson (Northwest Missouri State)
Packers LB Danny Lansanah (UConn)
Packers RB Kregg Lumpkin (Georgia)
Packers WR Taj Smith (Syracuse)
Packers LS J.J. Jansen (Notre Dame)
Packers P Ken Debauche (Wisconsin)
Packers RB Justin Beaver (UW-Whitewater)
Packers LB Marcus Riley (Fresno State)
Packers C Brennen Carvalho (Portland State)
Packers WR Jake Allen (Mississippi College)

I really like that they went out and signed a guy for the long snapper spot. Packers haven't had to worry about that about as long as QB.

Last edited by Cringer : 04-28-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #955
Pyser
Pro Rookie

anyone have a link to a list of all the trades? i cant find the list anywhere
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #956
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
anyone have a link to a list of all the trades? i cant find the list anywhere

I too have been looking for this unsuccessfully. The Lions appeared to make any number of trades and I couldn't keep track.

Edit:

This link appears to summarize all of them:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...aft-Trades.php
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 04-28-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #957
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
NFL QBs(other than complete scrubinies) 6-1 or less:

Rex Grossman 6-1
Brooks Bollinger - he's probably a scrubiny at this point
Drew Brees 6-1
Mark Brunell 6-1
Seneca Wallace 5-11
Brock Berlin 6-1 - I've heard of him I guess. #3 for the Rams is pretty scrubiny.
Jeff Garcia 6-1
Bruce Gradowski 6-1

he better get to 6-1 to have a whif of a chance. even then it's not a great list outside of Brees and maybe Garcia
Everything I've seen list Drew Brees at 6-0, not 6-1, unless it's the Saints media guide. I also assume that at least an inch has been added to each of these guy's heights as well. That's also not a complete list -- David Garrard is listed at 6-1. Vick is 6-0 but that doesn't help my case.

Drew Brees is the Chase Daniel model, and I don't think there is any doubt that as a QB Daniel is better than Brees.

Is there a correlation between height and success as a QB in the NFL? Anecdotally you could certainly say that the list of "great" NFL quarterbacks taller than 6-2 is longer than the list of "great" QBs shorter than that. But there are plenty of successful 6-0 and 6-1 QBs around, even in the NFL right now. And I know Chase is taller than Doug Flutie.

But here's the reverse of the argument about height -- Joey Harrington is 6-4. Being tall isn't a guarantee. At some point, it's about throwing the ball where it needs to be. I've seen Rex Grossman throw a ball and I'll argue this until the cows come home -- he doesn't throw bad passes because he's 6-1. He throws bad passes because he has no touch, no brain and no confidence. Daniel has all three in spades.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #958
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I've seen Rex Grossman throw a ball and I'll argue this until the cows come home -- he doesn't throw bad passes because he's 6-1. He throws bad passes because he has no touch, no brain and no confidence. Daniel has all three in spades.

Rex Grossman has thrown a few damn good passes in his time, but the guy just plain sucks overall. I agree that is more about his other 'attributes' and not about his height.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #959
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Drew Brees is the Chase Daniel model, and I don't think there is any doubt that as a QB Daniel is better than Brees.

Um...
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #960
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Maybe a little homer in me, but I think that there is some doubt..
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #961
Buccaneer
Head Coach

And here I thought MJ4H was the poster boy for blind homerism. Lol.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #962
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think there is any doubt that as a QB Daniel is better than Brees.

Hmm ... perhaps one of those words doesn't quite mean what you think it means.

doubt
noun
1. the state of being unsure of something
2. uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something

Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #963
Tigercat
College Starter

What a college QB isn't undoubtedly better than a NFL pro bowler?
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #964
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

LOL... just LOL.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #965
Swaggs
Coordinator

Missouri Fans = ???
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #966
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Missouri Fans = ???

Your compliment is appreciated.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #967
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Hmm ... perhaps one of those words doesn't quite mean what you think it means.

doubt
noun
1. the state of being unsure of something
2. uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something

Maybe he doesn't really know what "Brees" means. Or made some kind of weird connection with "Leaf" blowing in a "Brees."

I don't think I've ever seen such universal disagreement about a sports-related opinion.

Last edited by Logan : 04-28-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #968
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI for those that might be interested. Glenn Dorsey is going to do an interview at 1:00 PM CDT on a local KC radio station. Live streaming audio can be found at http://www.810whb.com/
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #969
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Some of the questions from the Wonderlic Test:

1. If the Ohio State tailback gets $42,000 from a Buckeye booster but the Escalade he wants is $57,000, he should:

a) Buy a different SUV
b) Take a job he doesn't have to show up for from another booster to cover the difference
c) Ask Maurice Clarett to borrow one for him
d) Transfer to an SEC school with more generous boosters

2. Texas A&M scores 46 points against Miami in a bowl game. How many staff members will Larry Coker fire the next week?

3. If Joe Paterno's team loses a close game, how long before his players will be allowed to talk to the media again? Bonus: How long will Penn State fans complain on their message boards?

4. Which of these numbers in the following group is the largest?

a) 10 x 14 x 5
b) 632
c) 1,000 - 275 + 30
d) Charlie Weis' cholesterol level

5. A linebacker is 21. The underage girl he sleeps with is 16. At Tennessee, how many plays against a non-conference team would he have to miss as punishment?

6. If ESPN's Gameday crew were to go to Arkansas to cover a game, how much netting would be needed to protect Kirk, Lee and Chris Fowler from objects thrown by Razorback fans?

a) none
b) 200 feet
c) all Home Depot sells in a three city area
d) Trick question: Gameday would never go to Arkansas

7. Marcus Vick runs a 4.3 and Maurice Clarett runs a 4.48 but the 9mm Glock hidden in Vick's waistband is heavier. Who has a better chance of out-running the cops and evading arrest?

8. If the world's largest sequoia tree is almost 3,000 years old and the earth's crust is 5 billion years old, how old is Bobby Bowden if he started coaching before either?

9. If Michigan has a 12 point lead with under 9 minutes left in the game, how much time will be left on the clock when the opposing team scores the winning touchdown?

a) 3 minutes
b) 1 minute
c) :35 seconds
d) none, last play of the game and immediately named ESPN Instant Classic

10. Your team's stadium holds 96,000 fans but regularly only sells 32,000 tickets to its home games. How long will it take the team bus to drive back to Westwood?

11. Which would be more unbearable: Spending a hot day in the stall of Ralphie, the Colorado Buff mascot, or driving across Kansas in a vinyl-seated, non-air conditioned '73 Nova with Jayhawks coach Mark Mangino. Explain.

12. If you watch two hours of ESPN pre-game, four hours of post-game and six versions of SportsCenter during which Beano Cook appears 15% of each broadcast, how many times will you want to gouge your eyes out with a tongue depressor?

13. Floyd of Rosedale is:

a) Barney Fife's neighbor from the old ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW
b) The current WWF champion
c) A college football trophy as coveted as winning a giant stuffed animal at the state fair

14. If a Onepeat.com LSU fan wastes 60% of each day stewing over the shared title with USC in 2003, how many hours will he have left each week to not date women?

15. The ninth month of the year is:

a) June
b) January
c) November
d) The time when the Kappa Kappa Gamma girls arrive back on campus to start doing your homework again

EXTRA CREDIT: If Lou Holtz is brought in to rebuild your program, how many years of NCAA probation will your school receive when he leaves?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #970
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Hilarious! Where did you find that Noop?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #971
Swaggs
Coordinator

I like those, Noop. Pretty well smacks everyone around.

The UCLA one is the most brutal, IMO.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #972
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

On warchant.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #973
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Tebow has no shot of being an NFL QB.

Todd McShay doesn't agree with you (at all)...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...dESPNHeadlines

Quote:
7. Chicago Bears -- Tim Tebow*, QB, Florida
It's almost certain that the Bears will need a quarterback come next offseason. Unfortunately, next year's crop of signal-callers does not look promising at this point. Bears fans won't be thrilled if the team uses a high pick on another Gators quarterback following the failed Rex Grossman experiment, but Tebow's unique blend of skills and rare intangibles might be too good to pass up. Should Tebow elect to leave school early, however, his uncommon skill set could make him the most difficult prospect at any position to grade.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #974
Buccaneer
Head Coach

2009 Mock Draft

Quote:
1. Chiefs (via trade with Falcons) -- Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia * -- A quarterback has gone No. 1 overall six out of the past eight years, and Stafford looks like the most likely candidate to develop into that kind of elite QB. His numbers were mediocre last year, but he had no line or receivers. The Falcons will have the worst record, but be able to field trade offers because they don't need a QB.

2. Raiders -- Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech * -- Plays in a big numbers system, but his size and speed still make him an elite receiver. And he will fit into the "Al Davis kind of player" category.

3. Lions -- Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State * -- Wells said he wants to stay four years at Ohio State, but an elite running back trying to save wear and tear on his body would be foolish not to go pro as soon as possible.

4. Falcons (via trade with Chiefs) -- Andre Smith, OT, Alabama * -- Smith doesn't get the publicity of Ole Miss offensive tackle Michael Oher, but we'll take a shot on a player many considered the top prospect in his high school class.

5. Rams -- James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State -- Could have been a top-15 pick this year. Goes higher than usual for an inside linebacker because of athleticism.

6. Dolphins -- Fili Moala, DT, USC -- Moala is one of the few dominant defensive tackles in this draft and will someday require double-teams in the NFL.

7. 49ers -- Michael Oher, Mississippi -- You'll see him in other mocks in the top three. Word from Oxford is that the coaching staff isn't thrilled with Oher's performance last year and work ethic. But he's still a huge natural talent.

8. Bengals -- C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson* -- Spiller, a standout at track as well, averaged 7.3 yards per carry last season and is a bona fide home run threat. His backfield partner, James Davis, could also be a top-45 pick.

9. Ravens -- Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma -- At 6-foot-8 and at least 350 pounds, Loadholt could draw some comparisons to Jonathan Ogden. He's not that good, but certainly grades as a first-rounder.

10. Bills -- Rey Maualuga, LB, USC -- I hate putting the Bills this low, but I don't have much confidence in their quarterbacks. Look for them to take one in the second round of the '09 draft (perhaps Hunter Cantwell or Graham Harrell).

11. Cardinals --Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU -- Jackson had a disappointing '07 campaign, but he still has impressive physical skills and he may go even higher if he bounces back this season.

12. Eagles (via Panthers) -- Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin -- One of two first-rounders for Eagles after a '08 draft-day trade with the Panthers. Beckham had 75 catches for 982 yards last season and should be a nice safety blanket Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb.

13. Jets -- Derrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland * -- Heyward-Bey is tall and fast, he'll have great combine numbers. The question: Is he physical enough to be a star in the NFL?

14. Packers -- Taylor Mays, S, USC * -- You have to love athletic USC safeties. Mays could follow in Troy Polamalu's and Ronnie Lott's footsteps and be a star in the NFL.

15. Broncos -- George Selvie, DE, South Florida * -- Selvie struggled toward the end of last season, but if he gets a little stronger he should get a lot of attention from the NFL.

16. Titans -- Lydon Murtha, OT, Nebraska -- This may be my one true darkhorse in the first round. Not on anyone's radar right now, but he was a huge recruit out of high school who runs a very fast 40 for a big man. If he can stay healthy, expect a breakout year.

17. Texans -- Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss -- Jerry gets overshadowed by defensive end Greg Hardy at Mississippi, but should have a strong enough season to vault up into the first round.

18. Bears -- Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU -- I really want to give the Bears a quarterback, but I think most of the QBs in this draft are second-rounders. Look for them to grab the best available receiver. Byrd hasn't produced yet, but has blazing 40 speed.

19. Browns -- Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana * -- Middleton had 16 sacks last season and will be a nice complement to Kamerion Wimbley.

20. Buccaneers -- Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State -- Others have projected him as a top-five pick, but there's buzz he won't be able to produce that kind of 40 time.

21. Redskins -- Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas -- Scouts like Orakpo's size and speed and the Skins would love to be able to pressure the QB more.

22. Vikings -- Percy Harvin, WR, Florida * -- He's not very big (5-foot-11, 185 pounds), but the Vikes will find a place for him.

23. Seahawks -- Alex Boone, LT, Ohio State -- He should be part of an outstanding offense at Ohio State that will make him look good.

24. Eagles -- Michael Jones, WR, ASU -- The Eagles are undoubtedly still trying to trade for a premiere receiver this offseason, but if they can't, watch out for Michael Jones. Jones had just 46 catches as a junior, but 10 of them were for touchdowns and those numbers will go up this year.

25. Saints -- Brian Cushing, LB, USC -- This is an optimistic place for the Saints, but I'll give them the edge over the Bucs in the watered-down NFC South.

26. Giants -- Myron Rolle, S, Florida State * -- Not related to Samari or Antrel, but we won't hold that against him. He could go even higher if he improves this season.

27. Steelers -- Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech -- A 6-7 DE/LB hybrid with great speed who should have a good season at Georgia Tech.

28. Jaguars -- Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn * -- After strengthening the ends in this year's draft, the Jags bolster the interior of the defensive line.

29. Chargers -- Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma -- With the recent emphasis on guards around the league, the massive Robinson will be a hot prospect.

30. Colts -- Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan State -- Colts will be eager to get back to a better running back tandem (sorry Kenton Keith).

31. Cowboys -- Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State -- Receivers Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn are getting old.

32. Patriots -- Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State -- His character issues may very well push him out of the first round (he was arrested for allegedly assaulting a police officer this offseason), but the Patriots think they can fix talented players.

*Indicates underclassmen
Old 04-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #975
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Note, the author passed on slotting Tebow.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #976
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

FWIW Tebow is only a Junior and from what I've heard, has no plans on leaving early.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #977
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
FWIW Tebow is only a Junior and from what I've heard, has no plans on leaving early.

I don't doubt it. Slow white TE's aren't exactly the rage.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:30 PM   #978
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Myron Rolle is not a first round safety. He is slow and beyond average.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #979
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
2009 Mock Draft

Stafford will have to improve a lot to warrant that. He has the size and arm, but not the accuracy yet.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #980
BishopMVP
Coordinator

In somewhat cool news, my friend at West Point is roommate's with the Lions pick from Army.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 AM   #981
rkmsuf
Head Coach

So then based on the mock draft the Pats are going to win the Superbowl next year.

BOOYEAH
Old 04-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #982
st.cronin
General Manager

Personally I think Tebow is an excellent QB prospect.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #983
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

If his passing skills continue to grow like they did from his Freshman to Sophomore year, I agree completely with that statement. The kid has a good head on his shoulders and is an intelligent football player.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #984
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:

yeah but you drive a miata, dude
Old 04-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #985
timmynausea
College Starter

I don't think there's any way Selvie is a top 15 pick unless he puts on 20 or 30 pounds and maintains his speed/quickness. He reminds me of Corey Moore of VT - amazing college DE that was just too small for the NFL. He went from All-American with all the awards to a 3rd round pick that was out of the league within 2 or 3 years.

Selvie might be one of the top 15 in college football, though. I noticed that all 32 guys on that mock are from BCS conference schools, and my guess is that it's more a ranking of talented college players rather than really projecting skills/athleticism to the next level.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #986
Logan
Head Coach

I have to find the GIF of the vicious stiff arm Ray Rice pulled on Selvie this year.

edit: This will have to do.

Last edited by Logan : 04-30-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #987
st.cronin
General Manager

Travis Beckum is great, but it seems weird to me that he's considered an elite NFL TE prospect, because he just doesn't look like a TE. His build reminds me more of somebody like Kobe Bryant.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #988
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
2009 Mock Draft

This mock draft is off. There is NO WAY the Lions will be drafting third. Further, why in the hell would they need to draft Wells when they'll have Rookie Of The Year, Kevin Smith at running back?

FAIL.

(I tried to write that with as much conviction as possible, but it's hard. Welcome to Detroit, Beanie!)
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #989
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This is the first time I've stepped foot in this thread, so forgive me is this was posted already. Jerry Jones at the post-draft party:

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #990
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This is the first time I've stepped foot in this thread, so forgive me is this was posted already. Jerry Jones at the post-draft party:

I thought I accidently clicked on the "What the hell do you look like?" thread by accident somehow. No offense, I just didn't recognize the drunken Jones at first.....
Old 04-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #991
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I thought I accidently clicked on the "What the hell do you look like?" thread by accident somehow. No offense, I just didn't recognize the drunken Jones at first.....

I thought that was pumpy.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #992
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Travis Beckum is great, but it seems weird to me that he's considered an elite NFL TE prospect, because he just doesn't look like a TE. His build reminds me more of somebody like Kobe Bryant.

I think he could be a top TE prospect, I think it's wrong to automatically assume he will be at this point. If he shows that he can add some weight and be a better blocker while not losing speed I think he can easily be a top 15 pick, but I wouldn't just assume that he will do that. It's silly to do mock drafts at this point, but even worse when they assume players like Lydon Murtha will get a lot better and players like Beckum will automatically answer the questions that kept them from entering this years draft.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #993
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Eli Manning in 30 years.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #994
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post

On the other hand, the really really drunk guy behind Jones & blond to the right could easily be an FOFC'er.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #995
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Eli Manning in 30 years.

Who's the old dude with him?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #996
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On the other hand, the really really drunk guy behind Jones & blond to the right could easily be an FOFC'er.

Probably Schoonover on his recent vacation.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #997
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Given the Arkansas connection, that's obviously MJ4H.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #998
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Jerry Jones thinks he is a cool studmuffin, doesn't he? (first-time user of studmuffin here at FOFC!).

By the way, that mock draft was done by CNN/SI, fwiw.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #999
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Eli Manning in 30 years.

PING: Eli/Shorty pic.