Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #51
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I saw my first snow flurries of the season early this week. None of the snow stuck to the roads, but I did see some on the grass of a few farms. I normally go see some hot hot NCAA Division II football action on Saturdays, but it's going to be around 40 degrees and raining this week, so I might have to miss it this time around.

Stupid weather.

Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #52
DanGarion
Coordinator

Fuck. It better clear up in Colorado Springs, I'm supposed to be flying out there on Monday for my first trip there for work.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #53
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Don't worry, Dan. In Colorado, the sun always come out the day after a blizzard/snowstorm and starts melting the snow. Down in my part of town, we got about 6 inches - it'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon. Can't remember the last time I shoveled the driveway, I just let the sun do it.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #54
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Don't worry, Dan. In Colorado, the sun always come out the day after a blizzard/snowstorm and starts melting the snow. Down in my part of town, we got about 6 inches - it'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon. Can't remember the last time I shoveled the driveway, I just let the sun do it.

That's what I hear. We probably aren't going to be moving out there after all, but I'm atleast taking this trip and probably will take another one next year for work.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #55
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
That's what I hear. We probably aren't going to be moving out there after all, but I'm atleast taking this trip and probably will take another one next year for work.

It funny I jsut changed jobs to a company based out of Denver and will be moving out there with the "fam" in two years after I completed a job here in the New england area. My wife and I actually love snow the more the better, snowboarder and skier. So, we will probbaly move out to Boulder since it is within commuting distance to Denver and it gets quite abit of snow from what I here.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #56
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
It funny I jsut changed jobs to a company based out of Denver and will be moving out there with the "fam" in two years after I completed a job here in the New england area. My wife and I actually love snow the more the better, snowboarder and skier. So, we will probbaly move out to Boulder since it is within commuting distance to Denver and it gets quite abit of snow from what I here.

The CO contingent can certainly chime in some more. Boulder itself gets a decent amount of snow, but as Bucc said, the front range melts it pretty quickly ... it is considered a semi-arid environment. Boulder is close enough to some good skiing though, such as Eldora, Loveland, and the big resorts. Boulder is also pretty pricey, although coming from Mass, it's probably comparable. A big question is where in Denver is your job going to be? There are a lot of nice communities around Denver, but traffic is bad enough that you might not want to live in Boulder and work, say, at the Tech Center on the SE side of Denver.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:22 PM   #57
Buccaneer
Head Coach

That's why the corridor between Boulder and Ft. Collins is rapidly growing (for commuting to Boulder, downtown Denver). Same thing for Douglas Co and northern El Paso County (for those commuting to Tech Center).
Old 10-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #58
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular View Post
The CO contingent can certainly chime in some more. Boulder itself gets a decent amount of snow, but as Bucc said, the front range melts it pretty quickly ... it is considered a semi-arid environment. Boulder is close enough to some good skiing though, such as Eldora, Loveland, and the big resorts. Boulder is also pretty pricey, although coming from Mass, it's probably comparable. A big question is where in Denver is your job going to be? There are a lot of nice communities around Denver, but traffic is bad enough that you might not want to live in Boulder and work, say, at the Tech Center on the SE side of Denver.

I will be working in the SSE of Denver well actually someplace called Greenwood Village which appears to be south of the city. And please any advice people can give who live out that way is appreciated.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #59
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
I will be working in the SSE of Denver well actually someplace called Greenwood Village which appears to be south of the city. And please any advice people can give who live out that way is appreciated.

Well, Boulder to Greenwood Village is close to 40 miles, and would involve taking I-25 through downtown, or coming down through Golden and the west side, which is no peach either. You might want to look at some of the communities on the south side of the metro (I think JeeberD has lived in Highlands Ranch) or south of the metro. I have some friends who live in Castle Rock, which is the first decent size community south of the metro area, and about 20 miles south of Greenwood village. If you want any info about Castle Rock, I can ask my friends out there. If only I could convince my wife ... CO is probably the only place I'd be willing to move to right now.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:25 AM   #60
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bump

God, you gotta be kidding me. It's friggin march 22nd, this is rediculous already. There's gotta be at least 6 inches on the ground right now, gimme a break.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:52 AM   #61
whomario
Pro Starter

Yeah, same over here in Europe. To go along with some -5 to -10 degrees celsius predicted in the forecast for the next few days ... Way to celbrate the start of spring ...
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #62
Izulde
Head Coach

6 inches ain't nothing.

We got a freaking foot of snow yesterday. Mitchell Airport was shut down all day, too, ruining a lot of people's Easter vacation plans.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #63
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

we received 12 inches of snow too, people way east of us received up to 20 inches with some crazy winds... Sigh, I wanna see that white crap melt away... No chance of that happening today though, it's currently 12F outside, feels like -4F with the wind...

And yeah, it's March 22 damnit...

FM
Old 03-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #64
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
6 inches ain't nothing.

We got a freaking foot of snow yesterday. Mitchell Airport was shut down all day, too, ruining a lot of people's Easter vacation plans.

Ah yes, but we had the joy of wall to wall weather coverage on TV!!!!

I just don't get people's fascination with needing this shit on TV ALL the time.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #65
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dWKUJXFi00

May be slightly unsafe for work.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #66
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Bump

God, you gotta be kidding me. It's friggin march 22nd, this is rediculous already. There's gotta be at least 6 inches on the ground right now, gimme a break.

In Colorado, March is typically our snowiest month, followed by April.

By the way, with all of the severe winter weather this season in the northern hemisphere, have there been records set for coldest months in places?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #67
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

It's a little on the cool side here too, at only about 73 and it's almost noon already.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #68
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
In Colorado, March is typically our snowiest month, followed by April.

By the way, with all of the severe winter weather this season in the northern hemisphere, have there been records set for coldest months in places?

not for coldest anything, it's been a relatively easy winter in terms of temperatures, but we've completely shattered the previous record for snowfall. Was something like 476cm and we're now over 510cm, or about 16' 9" of snowfall... And winter is not over yet...

see this thread for some pictures:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=64197

FM
Old 03-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #69
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

cm? Those are like metric inches, right?

(Seriously, the US needs to get its act together and go metric but people are so resistant to change. A perfect political candidate, not that one could exist as politics is about making the best of no-win decisions but let's forget that for a second, could propose going metric and would lose the election)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-22-2008 at 01:06 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #70
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Got a foot of snow last night and played the first weekend of Spring League Ultimate in that snow this morning. Good times.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #71
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
6 inches ain't nothing.

yeah, but you live in wisconsin or wyoming....that kind of shit is par for the course there.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #72
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Not for cold, no, but the foot we got yesterday moved us from No. 4 to No. 2 all-time since the late 1800s or early 1900s for snowfall.

At this point, I'm kind of hoping for another snowstorm to push it to the All-Time mark.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #73
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
yeah, but you live in wisconsin or wyoming....that kind of shit is par for the course there.

Not in March.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #74
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

It is F'n snowing here!

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #75
MikeVic
Head Coach

It f'n snowed here yesterday.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #76
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

it has not snowed here in almost two weeks and it's almost all gone now, weeeeee!!!

A couple of neighbour's swimming pools are ruined though. Will try to take a few pics when I get home tonight.

FM
Old 04-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #77
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt View Post
It is F'n snowing here!

Where is here?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #78
SnowMan
High School Varsity

6 inches and counting today...of snow that is. Supposedly another 6+ on the way. hooray global warming
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #79
21C
College Prospect

I just had two straight weeks of rain here. Not the occasional spot of rain but constant drenching downpours. Oh yeah, I was also on vacation for the last two weeks.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #80
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Supposed to snow in Wisconsin on Sunday-Tuesday...

Yeah.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #81
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Where is here?

Western Minnesota.

We have had several inches and it is still coming down.
Winter Storm Warning too.

Man, this is depressing....

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #82
Izulde
Head Coach

Uh it's the end of April.

SO WHY THE FUCK IS IT SNOWING OUTSIDE?!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #83
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Snowing here in DeKalb, IL right now. BLAH!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #84
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I never thought it use to rain this much when I was younger. Now it seems like it rains all the fucking time. I'm trapped in a cycle of having to mow the lawn after two sunny days in a row. And it's not easy to find consecutive ones, so that the grass will be dry.