Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2003, 09:24 PM   #51
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Conference Tournaments

Okay, that was a bit too ambitious. The conference tournaments were run and the brackets are out. I get relegated to the ACT with St. Joes, but with our record we're lucky to get that.

The toughest region in the NCT looks to be the South, but the West can hold it's own too. Check out the brackets at www.simleagues.net/simNCAA/simncaa_brackets.htm

I'll be updating more as I get the ACT brackets up as well and the schedule for the post season.

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-01-2003 at 03:47 AM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:47 AM   #52
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just a bump to show the changes. We're up to the bracket selection which was announced last night.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:11 AM   #53
condors
College Starter

Ummm, temple made the tourney??? i didn't expect us to get a sniff of postseason play
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:06 AM   #54
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sure, rub salt on my wounds. I would have thought that Rhode Island would have made it if there was going to be a second team from the A-10 along with Xavier.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:39 PM   #55
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Round 1

Round one of both the NCT and ACT have been run. My St. Joes made the ACT, a surprise to me. We ended up beating George Washington in the first round to advance. This is without our starting center, power forward and shooting guard as all are injured.

There were a bunch of upsets in the ACT. This may not really be upsets but just the better team winning. The seeds in the ACT are a little questionable so it might ust be playing itself out normally. One oddity is a 12-19 team making the tournament with a decent seed. I think the code for picking the ACT could use a little tweaking.

Only one problem with team files as one person seems to have the latest beta patch. This causes the game to create a team fie with a different name which isn't recognized in the older version. I am not going to the new version until it's past beta and I'm done the tournament. It wouldn't be fair to the teams to switch the playing field now with a new version, especially not an official new version yet.

There was one big upset in the NCT with Fullerton Starte beating UCLA. That was a 13 beating a 4. Only 2 other real upsets and they were 10 seeds. I don't consider 9 seeds to be an upset as a couple of them won but that's too close to call usually. We did have Gonzaga, a 10 seed, move on.

The brackets can be found linked from the story on the main page at www.simleagues.net/simNCAA

Today will be the second round. I hope to get some people in the chat room for the games but yesterday we came up empty in the room.

Congratulations to Temple, who advanced as a 10 seed, the other upset in the NCT. There, I said it.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:08 PM   #56
condors
College Starter

go owls!
condors is offline   Reply With Quote