Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-05-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

The hottest thing you've ever eaten

A discussion with a friend over lunch today brought back an old memory.

My favorite local Chinese restaurant serves a dish called "Spicy Tangy Chicken". Now back when I had only been a regular at this place for months, my friends and I would order it often.

The owner would never serve it to us. "It too hot for you" was his reply. He held his ground, and didn't serve it.

We continued to attempt to order it over time, figuring that we'd wear him down. One day, to our surprise, he said "Hmm, the peppers are out of season, so it is mild enough for you today". It was unbelievably hot. I had two bites, only because I wasn't going to only eat one bite. I was almost incapacitated. I couldn't eat anything else. I was hungry, but my stomach was preoccupied by the raging inferno I had ingested.

In introducing others to this dish, mostly as a bet, we've had to ask people questions like "Are you okay to drive?"

Most occasions draw comparisons to "that Simpsons episode where Homer eats the peppers."

Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
Vince
Pro Starter

My girlfriend?

Seriously though, the hottest I've had was the 911 challenge at Cluck U. Basically some insanely hot Buffalo Wings -- if you can eat them (without the aid of a drink) and keep them down for 30 minutes, you get a t-shirt and your picture on a wall. It was freaking hot, but nothing out of this world. I'd love to find a dish like you describe...I am a fiend for spicy food.

Dave's Insanity Sauce is pretty damn spicy too, but again...it's not knock you out of your chair crazy.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
Danny
Head Coach

A Marie Callender's chicken pot pie. I had to wait an hour for the sucker to cool down enough for it not to burn the skin off my lips.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:57 AM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
My girlfriend?

Seriously though, the hottest I've had was the 911 challenge at Cluck U. Basically some insanely hot Buffalo Wings -- if you can eat them (without the aid of a drink) and keep them down for 30 minutes, you get a t-shirt and your picture on a wall. It was freaking hot, but nothing out of this world. I'd love to find a dish like you describe...I am a fiend for spicy food.

Dave's Insanity Sauce is pretty damn spicy too, but again...it's not knock you out of your chair crazy.

I've never done the Cluck U/University Chicken 911 Challenge, but did order some chicken tenders with the hottest available sauce at Wing Stop, and I could only manage three pieces before I started getting physically and mentally overwhelmed. I had to just stop eating them. At the end, I started getting dizzy and just hoped that it wouldn't be half as spicy when it came out the other end (It wasn't, by the grace of allah).

Last edited by Karlifornia : 04-05-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #5
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd like to go to this Chinese restaurant. I love hot food. I love sweating while I eat...not just that crap where you have beads on your forehead, but where it's running down your head and neck in rivers.

Like Vince, I think that Dave's Insanity sauce is spicy, but it's a spicy goodness that isn't that bad.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:50 AM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Apparently Vince and I dine at the same place. Never heard of Cluck U though.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #7
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

It'd be an indian curry - its a Phal is I remember right, the hottest one they do.

When I was younger me, Ov and Kevin Turner from SI used to go out for a few drinks and end up daring each other to eat one ... I really like hot food but thats just taking the micheal really badly.

The worst part of eating one is accidentally licking your lips afterwards and setting your face on fire (well thats what it feels like ) .... very nice though during the english winter if its freezing outside and you've a walk to the station.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

My favorite Thai place in the city has a "star system" for its spicy dishes. When you order, you also say how many stars you want on a 1-4 scale. Like others here, I'm a huge fan of really spicy food, but I'm also not a moron and I realize that this shit can get really spicy. Having been unsatisfied with the spiciness of my 2-star dishes, I finally ordered 3. Not smart. My body was on fire. I don't know how many glasses of water I drank, but it was probably a few gallons -- it was just pouring out of my glands. This meal was a late dinner before going out for the night; the beers I was killing still didn't neutralize the fire in my mouth. I ended up finding some kind of fruit-flavored gum, of which it took about 6 pieces to finally provide some relief to my mouth.

All of that was nothing compared to the pain I experienced the next morning. I wish my mouth was the only part of my body that felt like it was on fire. That stuff was hotter going out than coming in.

Needless to say, I ask for 2.5 stars now. I don't know if it's humanly possible to digest a 4 star dish.

Last edited by Logan : 04-05-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
Simms
FOBL Commish

When I was in college, my roommate and I were driving back to Wichita from Little Rock, and we stopped at one of those Indian Trading Post places along the highway in Oklahoma. Our other roommate was always talking about his love of hot wings and anything spicy, so we grabbed a bottle of the hottest local brand of hot sauce we could find ... "Suicide" or "Volcano" or something.

At a party a couple of weeks later, we whipped up a batch of wings and turned them loose. I don't mind spicy stuff ... I'm not an afficianado, but I can generally hold my own. So at one point, I decided I needed to try one of these wings (beer *might* have been involved). I grabbed one, took a bite, and said "eh ... this isn't all that bad."

About 30 seconds later, I was out on the balcony chugging glasses of milk, trying to make the pain in my mouth go away. I admit it was probably a bit of an overreaction, but holy Christ was that shit hot.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #10
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Apparently Vince and I dine at the same place. Never heard of Cluck U though.
Well played.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #11
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

I like spicy food but I have never understood the appeal of eating food that would actually hurt to eat.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
I like spicy food but I have never understood the appeal of eating food that would actually hurt to eat.

Same here, but my wife loves it. The spicier the better.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #13
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Eating it isn't the problem, it's the disposal.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #14
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I've never done the Cluck U/University Chicken 911 Challenge, but did order some chicken tenders with the hottest available sauce at Wing Stop, and I could only manage three pieces before I started getting physically and mentally overwhelmed. I had to just stop eating them. At the end, I started getting dizzy and just hoped that it wouldn't be half as spicy when it came out the other end (It wasn't, by the grace of allah).

That is exactly how I'd describe it. I've eaten the hottest wings from various wing places 2 or 3 times. It really is a completely overwhelming experience. I like the flavor so I want to keep eating, but it's like an anxiety that creeps up on you. I remember both times realizing that I was kind of compulsively continuing to eat as fast as possible, having slipped into this survival mindset like "I have to fight through this." I guess I must've been thinking that if I eat fast it'll be over sooner. Once I actually noticed that I was completely miserable/stressed I stopped eating, but it really was weird.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #15
RendeR
Coordinator

When I was attending Mansifeld State U of PA we had a new wing and pizza plce open up.

They ofered a wide range of heat levels with the hottest being thei "Nuclear" wings.

I managed to eat 1, yes O N E before tearing up and blubbering like an angry baby. I chewed bread I drank water I drank milk, it didn't matter. I was in physical pain for nearly 3 hours. My mouth felt like the skin had been flayed off the inside everywhere.

I love spicy fo, I regularly eat things that many people won't, but those things were the purest vilest evil raised from the depths of hell.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #16
st.cronin
General Manager

Thailand. I have no idea what it was, but it came in some kind of a coconut shell, and was stew-ish in consistency.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #17
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I crave hot food but not insanely hot that it kills every taste bud - I just prefer the flavor of food. But the hottest dishes I've had included a small, out of the way Thai place in Pittsburgh. I don't remember the actual dish but that it made my eyes sting big time. Other favorites include a Mexican diner in San Diego that had a clear sauce that melted chips and an Indian place in Washington DC, probably was a curry dish. One other place - there used to be a BBQ place in an old house in Boulder, best bbq I've ever had (and I've had bbq in many states). There was this stew-type dish that so hot that you have put in their hottest sauce from the squeeze bottles just to cool it down.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #18
st.cronin
General Manager

I actually spent quite a bit of time bumming around Thailand at one point, but I don't really know much about Thai food. I got in the habit of not asking what was available, just asking for something good. Often I would end up eating something without having any idea what it actually was.

knives out
Old 04-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #19
Lonnie
High School Varsity

The Texas Chili Parlor in Austin has X, XX, and XXX chili. Then on Sundays they would serve a special Habanero Chili. I had to add jalapeños to cool that stuff down.

Of course both the Atomic at Wing Stop and Blazin at BW3 have made me cry at times.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #20
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've never had anything I would term too hot. But Dave's Insanity Salsa, that stuff can turn into a personal challenge if you want to down a jar in a sitting. Tasty too.

Last edited by jeff061 : 04-05-2008 at 11:29 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #21
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I actually spent quite a bit of time bumming around Thailand at one point, but I don't really know much about Thai food. I got in the habit of not asking what was available, just asking for something good. Often I would end up eating something without having any idea what it actually was.

You were probably better off not knowing.

I regularly eat top of the scale Thai. I think the hottest thing I've had was something like the clear salsa that Bucc described earlier. I had it in a Mexican place somewhere in the Philly area. I swear it took a good 30 minutes to kill that heat.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #22
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

On the plus side, Spicy and Tangy Chicken is closer to lamb than lion on exit.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

We used to go a place called Sports Peppers here in Phoenix on Friday Nights after games and they had the Habanero Wing challenge. You actually had to sign a waiver saying they were not responsible for any problems associated with eating the wings, including serious injury and death!!

One of the other Coaches took the challenge and by the time he finished was bright red and sweating profusely.....we had to help him to his Car and the next day during films he was literally crying when he went to take care of the "disposal"

I never did try them, but just getting a whiff when he ordered them made my eyes water...........Oh, and he got a T-Shirt
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #24
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
On the plus side, Spicy and Tangy Chicken is closer to lamb than lion on exit.

You only had 2 bites sissy
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #25
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Tru dat...although I like shitting it out in an S&M type of way. It almost feels good when I'm moaning in the shitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
When I was attending Mansifeld State U of PA we had a new wing and pizza plce open up.
It truly is a small world. I grew up in Wellsboro, 12 miles away.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #26
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Never had a problem with the disposal. Though to prove I was a man I chugged a large quantity of Dave's Insanity Sauce. Going in and going out was fine. I thought it was going to burn a hole through my stomach though.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #27
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
You only had 2 bites sissy

I must admit that I am speaking from the experience of others.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #28
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
I have never understood the appeal of eating food that would actually hurt to eat.

+1
Old 04-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #29
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'll also admit that since my two bite foray, I've retired from the damn spicy food events. I still like pretty spicy food, but I have a constraint.

I had the sleep apnea surgery where the Uvula is removed(uvulaectomy). Along with pretty well eliminating the sleep apnea, it has opened up a relatively cavernous opening between my mouth and my sinus cavity. If, during the attempt to eat damn spicy food, I accidentally allow some of the scent/vapor/steam to breach that boundary, I am rendered essentially incapacitated as a result. Tears, wretching, mucous...It isnt pretty.

Edited: Also I want to add that I've noted that I've twice used the word incapacitated in this thread. The first was actually an exaggeration...I simply couldn't continue to eat. If I were to allow any Spicy Tangy Chicken vapor to reach exposed sinus tissue, I would most likely be in fear for my life.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 04-05-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #30
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

The atomic from wing stop and my roommate's girlfriend cooks this spicy ass chicken which is good until the next morning when it is sliding out like water. I can ingest seeds so the seeds are in the water as well.

And to the the poster who said something about sweating I know the feeling because when i was eating this chicken I was sweating everywhere so much that i had to take another shower.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #31
miked
College Starter

Each year in the A, they have a chili cookoff at Stone Mountain. One year my friends and I went and and passed this booth where they were serving the chili with masks and gloves on. They serve it to you in little shot cups. My friend grabbed one and just downed it, I had a little bit of one. I thought I was going to have to go to the ER, it burned my lips and mouth, and to make it worse I tried to flush it with beer. My friend took like 3 steps, hit the ground and starting dry heaving. It was classic.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #32
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You were probably better off not knowing.

I regularly eat top of the scale Thai. I think the hottest thing I've had was something like the clear salsa that Bucc described earlier. I had it in a Mexican place somewhere in the Philly area. I swear it took a good 30 minutes to kill that heat.

I never did find out what such clear salsa is made of. Would it be like filtered habanero extract or something?
Old 04-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #33
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Ive eaten the hottest wings at Zaxby's Wing Stop and several other places.
By far the hottest thing ever though, was an order of wings I had in college. There used to be this wing bar in Clemson that had the 6 piece wing challenge. (tshirt name on wall stuff) I would routinely go in and eat them with a side of fries, they were delicious, though not hot! Then one night Ben the owner comes out and says no more shirts for you, but he had a new recipe, and if I could eat 6 and keep them down 30 minutes he would wave the tab on our whole table. (there were 7or8 of us and we were eating and drinking much beer. Tab was well over $100, serious dough for a college guy) so I said sure.

He whipped up a batch and brought them out along with a typed up waiver that I would not sue him if I needed medical attention(is that even possible). So I began eating, these were hot AND NASTY, but a bet is a bet, right?
RIGHT!?
WHO IS WITH ME RIGHT?!?!?

Well on wing 4 I bite into something hard and crunchy. Must have been a piece of pepper, instant fire and eyes pour water. Here comes the bad part I racch up and wipe my eyes with my napkin and the edge actually slips into my eye, injecting hot sauce direct to the eyeball.
I'm dieing! HELP!
NO PLEASE LET ME DIE!
The next day, my hands felt raw where the sauce had touched (actually lasted 3-4 days) and both my eyes were swelled up almost shut and my sinus areas were balck and blue like I had been in a fight.....

I have no idea what I ate, but after seeing me the next day Ben felt so bad he refunded the entire tab to me. He only said the wing recipe was a mix of "special season" habaneros and chili powder rubbed direct....

It was evil...I still like spicy food, but Ill never sign a waiver again.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #34
Vince
Pro Starter

Something that I find strange is that every once in a while, I'll eat something that is clearly not on the level of spicyness that I enjoy, and it totally kicks my ass. It doesn't happen often, and it's really weird when it does. I mean, eating the stuff I eat gets one a reputation...and when you're sitting there getting your ass kicked by La Victoria's Medium Salsa, you get some funny looks.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #35
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Something that I find strange is that every once in a while, I'll eat something that is clearly not on the level of spicyness that I enjoy, and it totally kicks my ass. It doesn't happen often, and it's really weird when it does. I mean, eating the stuff I eat gets one a reputation...and when you're sitting there getting your ass kicked by La Victoria's Medium Salsa, you get some funny looks.

My girlfriend claims not to like spicy foods, but there are some foods that she enjoys, and claims are not spicy, that I find pretty hot. There are other foods that she refuses to eat, claiming they are way too spicy, and I can't detect a hint of spice. Its very odd.

knives out
Old 04-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #36
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
A discussion with a friend over lunch today brought back an old memory.

My favorite local Chinese restaurant serves a dish called "Spicy Tangy Chicken". Now back when I had only been a regular at this place for months, my friends and I would order it often.

The owner would never serve it to us. "It too hot for you" was his reply. He held his ground, and didn't serve it.

We continued to attempt to order it over time, figuring that we'd wear him down. One day, to our surprise, he said "Hmm, the peppers are out of season, so it is mild enough for you today". It was unbelievably hot. I had two bites, only because I wasn't going to only eat one bite. I was almost incapacitated. I couldn't eat anything else. I was hungry, but my stomach was preoccupied by the raging inferno I had ingested.

In introducing others to this dish, mostly as a bet, we've had to ask people questions like "Are you okay to drive?"

Most occasions draw comparisons to "that Simpsons episode where Homer eats the peppers."

I love how the owner kept refusing to serve it to you.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #37
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
My girlfriend claims not to like spicy foods, but there are some foods that she enjoys, and claims are not spicy, that I find pretty hot. There are other foods that she refuses to eat, claiming they are way too spicy, and I can't detect a hint of spice. Its very odd.

My wife is sort of like that. She can't eat anything spicy but she loved some of the Northern New Mexico cuisine we've had. She would look at fries or chips or various appetizers and ask me if they're too spicy. I would take a bite, feel absolutely nothing, but then would remember that it's all relative and tell her it's probably too spicy for you.

On the other hand, I regularly eat hot wings or Mexican downtown for brunch/lunch here (like Chipotle) but usually stick to the mild. The reason is that I usually work through lunch and have afternoon meetings and just don't want to feel uncomfortable. After work, on weekends and esp. when I travel, then food becomes an adventure.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #38
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

He truly weighs the decision for every individual who orders the dish. He looks directly and purposfully, right into your eyes. We say that Thomas "Looks into your soul to see if you are worthy of his dish."
Old 04-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #39
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

kathy griffin
Old 04-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #40
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
kathy griffin

not on your best day
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #41
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
It truly is a small world. I grew up in Wellsboro, 12 miles away.

No shit? I grew up in Elkland. led my Rams to continuous sporting victories over those sad saps from Wellsboro
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #42
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

At the Thai place down the street I don't know how many times I've ordered my food four stars and the waitress just laughs, says "Oh no, too hot for you" and gives me three star food.

*sigh*

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #43
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
At the Thai place down the street I don't know how many times I've ordered my food four stars and the waitress just laughs, says "Oh no, too hot for you" and gives me three star food.

*sigh*

you owe me beer
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #44
theclassic
n00b

I use to put fresh jalapeno slices on my hamburgers, and it never effected me. One day last fall though, I must have bought the wrong type of pepper at the store, but whatever the pepper was, it made me quite sick for about a week. It burned so bad that I developed a throat infection. My eyes were red the rest of the night, and the pain continued through the night. I drank mile, ice cream, but I still felt like crap. To this day I won't buy fresh peppers at the grocery store.
theclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #45
McSweeny
College Starter

McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #46
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I never did find out what such clear salsa is made of. Would it be like filtered habanero extract or something?

I remember this one having a bit of tomatillo base, but not enough to really make it green. Google-fu is not getting me anywhere, but I'd think the one I had would have had to include some sort of habanero extract in it.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #47
Groundhog
Coordinator

I love chilli and all things hot and spicy. Having said that, while on a wine tour we stopped off at one of those touristy "dipping bread" stores. We were sampling all the different dips when we came across a bottle that said something like "Awesome Burning Inferno Hellfire Dipping Sauce". I dipped my bread in and completely covered it in sauce, then munched it down. For about 2 minutes there was a mild burn, followed by 20 minutes of intense burning pain in my mouth and throat, and I didn't have any milk to ease it. Water made it feel worse.

A mate of mine was the only person who tried it, and he had tears in his eyes and was on the borderline of outright crying.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #48
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I quite enjoy spicy foods. The hottest thing I've ever had, I'm sure it really only had to do with the Asian/Chinese spicy red peppers with seeds was at my favorite Burmese restaurant (Mandalay Restaurant & Cafe in Silver Sping, MD). I ordered something I normally order, but instead of ordering it "medium" as I usually do, I ordered it hot. Two bites later, I couldn't fathom eating anything else...luckily I had some iced coffee (their iced coffee has milk and sugar) to help ease the pain, but the pain was in my mouth, throat, on my lips, and the heat radiated up my face and down my chest. I still go there, but I'm back to ordering "medium" all the time.

Generally I prefer my food to be spicy enough to add nice heat but not so spicy that all I taste is heat. I've done the Flatliner at my local Buffalo Wing Factory, but it's not that interesting to me. I want flavor other than heat...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote