Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Interest in EHM (or other hockey sim) MP League?

With the talk about not having a good hockey sim out on the market (which I 100% agree with), I was wondering if there was enough interest around here to start up a multiplayer league with either the freeware EHM, EHM05, or STHS, which is another sim primarily used. The difficulty is in finding enough people of interest, finding a setup that people will enjoy, and finding a good piece of software. Here are the pros and cons of the sofware:

EHM (freeware edition):

Pros: Its a simple piece of software, roster updates that are current are still being made, news information is automatically created, mods are still made for this game (way to sim shootouts and change standings)

Cons: Its the oldest version of the bunch, still has old NHL rules (old ASG format, ties, ect...), not hard to download files and send in lines

EHM05:

Pros: Very large universe (CHL, foreign leagues) which helps in immersion, can connect to a server to check game information and update it, most like the current NHL setup

Cons: Having to connect to the server to check game and edit lines

STHS: http://sths.simont.info/

Pros: Best if we want to do a fictional league, Easily customizable, just a small, free, client that the other GM's download to edit lines, ect. and send in, newest software, current rosters

Cons: Only the NHL, other prospects would just be created out of nowere, game does not generate prospects, no in game renegotiation of contracts, ect..

Overall, there's not a perfect sim out there that is new, customizable, and easy for MP. If I had to choose, it would probably be the freeware EHM, due to the fact that mods are still being made, and is pretty easy to use.

Option wise, I'm not too stuck to doing fictional or NHL. If we do fictional, the STHS would be the way to go, with us finding ways to handle negotiations and the generation of prospects. If we decide NHL, then EHM (freeware) would be the way to go.

I'm just seeing if there is any interest out there in this, and if there is enough, we can hash out more of the details then. Thanks!

Last edited by TurnerONU22 : 04-01-2008 at 04:00 PM.
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Johnny93g
College Starter

I would be interested in a freeware game. I belong to one league that uses the freeware, and it's been fun.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
bhlloy
Coordinator

EHM05 sounds interesting and I would definitely join, but you would have to find enough owners that own the game.

The other two don't interest me, but generally I'm not that interested in fictional leagues. Doesn't sound like there is a lot of depth in either of the freeware options.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
EHM05 sounds interesting and I would definitely join, but you would have to find enough owners that own the game.

The other two don't interest me, but generally I'm not that interested in fictional leagues. Doesn't sound like there is a lot of depth in either of the freeware options.

Actually, and I forgot to note this above, the demo of EHM05 will allow you to play online games, so you don't have to buy that either.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'd be in for whatever the majority
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Since I forgot about the demo of EHM05 being able to play online earlier, I'm leaning more toward that now. However, I'll wait until I hear from a few more before we decide.

The downfall w/EHM05 is that we wouldn't have current rosters, if that is an issue.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
duff88
College Prospect

Why 2005 and not 2007?
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #8
General Mike
Pro Starter

I like EHM and would play, but suck at tactics, so take it easy on me.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote